Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Lisha wrote: »
    Yes thank you this is what I’m wondering. If he puts in his date of birth as 13 will that stop him playing 16cert games?

Yes it probably will, as this is what happened us at the time, he couldn't get online on any game due to his age no matter what it was, we ended up having to set him with an adult account and monitoring what games he earned trophies on...

If you do set it up, make sure to take payment details (ccard PayPal) off it and just add and delete for every payment... Or just use redeem codes on it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Fieldog wrote: »
    Yes it probably will, as this is what happened us at the time, he couldn't get online on any game due to his age no matter what it was, we ended up having to set him with an adult account and monitoring what games he earned trophies on...

If you do set it up, make sure to take payment details (ccard PayPal) off it and just add and delete for every payment... Or just use redeem codes on it

Yes that’s exactly what I’m doing now with Xbox... any payment or download is with a password that only I have. It’s a pity there isn’t a middle ground.

A lot of people I know just left the child set it up and the child is set up as adult from the start. Parents have no input what do ever. Which I’m not willing to do. I’ll continue on as I am so. Would like him to have 16s games maybe and chat .

Thanks a mil

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

When setting up and you connect to ps4 to transfer data how do you download the ps5 version of the game ? I bought the cross gen version of cold war and just started the transfer and wondering will it be a waste ? Thanks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

popsy09 wrote: »
    When setting up and you connect to ps4 to transfer data how do you download the ps5 version of the game ? I bought the cross gen version of cold war and just started the transfer and wondering will it be a waste ? Thanks

You are only transferring the ps4 version of the game, if it has a ps5 version then you will have to redownload that

Kimbot wrote: »
    You are only transferring the ps4 version of the game, if it has a ps5 version then you will have to redownload that
    Great , might get a game next week so at this rate ha ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Is it possible to see your saved clips on the PS App lads?

Playing warzone on ps5 now I must say it looked better on the 4 I can't seem to get the dark settings right it looks great in bright but all I can see in the dark is shadows

Playing warzone on ps5 now I must say it looked better on the 4 I can't seem to get the dark settings right it looks great in bright but all I can see in the dark is shadows

It's hasn't been given any form of an upgrade at all from the PS4 yet which is a bit crap...

I think the Xbox can go 120hz though...

It's hasn't been given any form of an upgrade at all from the PS4 yet which is a bit crap...

I think the Xbox can go 120hz though...

Yeah I read that but there is something definitely off with the colours are off and I can't get it right

Yeah I read that but there is something definitely off with the colours are off and I can't get it right

What kind of TV are you using?

Could be some game calibration guides for it if you type the model number into YouTube?

• Advertisement

What kind of TV are you using?

Could be some game calibration guides for it if you type the model number into YouTube?

Samsung q60r 55 inch . I watched a few videos I went back on the pro last night and the darks were definitely better

Cold war seems fine and at 120hz too just warzone looks a tad off

• Registered Users Posts: 6,273 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

R2 has gone faulty on mine now, the lightest touch registers as a button press now and sometimes sticks.

Sony's customer service is not too bad (after a 30 min wait) though, have to send it via DPD to get it repaired.

Thankfully have a DS4 to use for PS4 titles in the interim. Lesson learned, I'll only be using my old DS4 for backwards compatibility games in the future and save the Dualsense for PS5 titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Might just have to get a spare in case that happens!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    R2 has gone faulty on mine now, the lightest touch registers as a button press now and sometimes sticks.

Sony's customer service is not too bad (after a 30 min wait) though, have to send it via DPD to get it repaired.

Thankfully have a DS4 to use for PS4 titles in the interim. Lesson learned, I'll only be using my old DS4 for backwards compatibility games in the future and save the Dualsense for PS5 titles.

Which is absolutely madness in fairness, paying for a next gen console and having to be selective when using the controller :rolleyes:

Sony need to sort this **** out.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,835 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'd say we'll see a big increase in % fails on the Dual Sense compared to the DS4. It was bound to happen when you add more movable parts into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

The left analogue on my control is bollocksed on at least one of my controllers, of not both. Really annoying. I got the consoles from Tesco (not sure I kept the receipt) and the extra controller as a gift...

It sticks 'in' and drifts upward. Can be 'pulled out', but you need to press it to run in a few games. Shoddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭BlackMask93

Im still searching for a Ps5.
    Should i get the digital or disc version, saw on another thread that the fan in the disc version is quite loud even without a disc in it? Can anyone confirm. I do like the option of having a disc but wouldn't be a dealbreaker to not get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I think you will only hear about the few that might be loud. As mentioned before mines quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭weemcd

Paulcon93 wrote: »
    Should i get the digital or disc version, saw on another thread that the fan in the disc version is quite loud even without a disc in it? Can anyone confirm. I do like the option of having a disc but wouldn't be a dealbreaker to not get one.

I've never noticed a noise from the PS5 apart from when there's a disc in it.

Samsung q60r 55 inch . I watched a few videos I went back on the pro last night and the darks were definitely better

Cold war seems fine and at 120hz too just warzone looks a tad off

See can you find Darkos calibration settings for your TV on YouTube, sometimes you make a donation of a fiver but for my old Samsung MU model it was worth it...

My Samsung 4K telly got a line of dead pixels after less than 3 year's old so I replaced it with an LGBX

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭jones

weemcd wrote: »
    I've never noticed a noise from the PS5 apart from when there's a disc in it.

Same as this. Mine is noisy when there is a disk in (even if its not the game disk it will randomly spin up in the middle of the downloaded game for some reason). That being said when there's no disk i never notice any noise from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

Paulcon93 wrote: »

My disc version is silent with no disc.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Sidford

Hope it's ok to ask here but just trying to figure out something on game share.
    Can both ps5's play the same game at same time? Looking to set it up with a mate and split which games we buy and just want to make sure that if we both want to play say COD that the 2 of us can play it same time even if not playing same Map together.

Any downside of it? Seems bit too good to be true in that effectively two people can split cost of games they both want to buy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,396 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I got my console the other day, tried to get the ps plus games and some installed no problem(crash, days gone) . I tried to get bloodborne and GOW last night/this morning and both of them are saying they can't be installed? Has anyone come across this before?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I got my console the other day, tried to get the ps plus games and some installed no problem(crash, days gone) . I tried to get bloodborne and GOW last night/this morning and both of them are saying they can't be installed? Has anyone come across this before?

had some issues adding a subset of the games when I initially got the PS5, but resolved itself a few hours later? Not much help I know

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Is it just an error when trying to install or can you not download them at all?. I’ve had issues downloading games where my whole PS5 would lose connection to my wifi and would have to restart the console to fix it, could be that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Sidford wrote: »
    Hope it's ok to ask here but just trying to figure out something on game share.
    Can both ps5's play the same game at same time? Looking to set it up with a mate and split which games we buy and just want to make sure that if we both want to play say COD that the 2 of us can play it same time even if not playing same Map together.

Any downside of it? Seems bit too good to be true in that effectively two people can split cost of games they both want to buy

Yeah, the two of ye can play away at the same time. There’s no downside really unless one of ye doesn’t have a internet connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,396 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Is it just an error when trying to install or can you not download them at all?. I’ve had issues downloading games where my whole PS5 would lose connection to my wifi and would have to restart the console to fix it, could be that.

Yep seems to be an issue with the WiFi not connecting. Rebooted the console and all working ok now.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Sidford

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Yeah, the two of ye can play away at the same time. There’s no downside really unless one of ye doesn’t have a internet connection.

Happy days thanks a mill for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Finished the main story and all the side missions on Cyberpunk there today so gonna take a break on there hopefully the next-gen edition won't be a million miles away.

So what should I play next? Go back and play more No Mans Sky? Go back and actually play Demons Souls!? no matter how much it will kill me inside :pac:

There are also some other games like Days Gone and Detroit Become Human I haven't played and Control being free in a few days!

Advertisement