Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reasons To Be Cheerful

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Into the 200's on the countdown from Monday!! Always feels we're well & truly on our way when we're out of the 300's.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

More than a reason to be cheerful but falling in love with an amazing sweet woman who makes me really really happy everyday :D:D

Really happy for you that's brill :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The announcement of the UK's plan for COVID gives me massive hope.

Ireland will naturally be a good bit behind that as we are massively behind on vaccinating compared to the UK.

But the end truly is in sight.

Loughc wrote: »

Ireland will naturally be a good bit behind that as we are massively behind on vaccinating compared to the UK.

Personally I feel we'll ultimately be forced to open up due to the UK & EU opening up not because we'll have managed it well or the powers that be even wanted to open up, the pressure excerpted by our neighbours opening up will force our lot to simply follow suit.

If the UK & EU start building their economies again you can bet your bottom dollar out lot will be swayed & will want to follow suit ASAP.

If it was left to our lot I suspect we'd be in lockdown for a hell of a long time.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oh, definitely, DvB!! Either way, light at the end of the tunnel, I hope!

Aaaah, Sephiroth- you're so cute. That's lovely news. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

DvB wrote: »
    Into the 200's on the countdown from Monday!! Always feels we're well & truly on our way when we're out of the 300's.

Nearly 2 months of the year done. Also 200 to 100 has a lot going on with Paddy's, Easter, Bank Holidays, summer holidays etc so will fly by.

TRS30 wrote: »
    Nearly 2 months of the year done. Also 200 to 100 has a lot going on with Paddy's, Easter, Bank Holidays, summer holidays etc so will fly by.

This is true, if you ever want time to fly by book holidays or book a dentist/hygienist appointment 4 months from now....

This is true, if you ever want time to fly by book holidays or book a dentist/hygienist appointment 4 months from now....

Have dentist on 2nd March which seemed ages away when booked just after Christmas. Have holiday booked for week of 5th July so lets hope that comes as quick!

My dentist is actually based in Saint Tropez, which is such a chore.

>_>

<_<

• Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I got a random email from my divisional office in work asking for my home address.Assuming it was just to update records I sent it on.
    Then they responded with "We're posting the vouchers today".
    To make a short story long, I won a performance award (wasn't even informed I'd been nominated) and I'll be getting a one for all voucher in the next few days.

Happy Wednesday

• Advertisement

Con'grat Aisling. It's always nice to be recognised for a job well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

I don't think we are that far behind. The brits are fudging there numbers a little bit, as they are doing more 1st shots than anyone else, when you compare full vaccinations we are not that far behind.

Weather looking very decent for the next few days if the forecasts are right. Not hugely warm but should be seeing plenty of sunshine.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭PaulT21

Something to look forward to for the big kid in me

https://twitter.com/marvel/status/1364632666692222977?s=21

Weather looking very decent for the next few days if the forecasts are right. Not hugely warm but should be seeing plenty of sunshine.

Definitely going to try and take advantage and get out for a few quick walks at lunchtime. YOu never know how long it's going to last these days!

I'm having my coffee break outside in my usual spot, soaking up as much vitamin d as I can :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Spent most of today outdoors either taking long walks with the dog or some gardening :) Sunny but still a cool sting in the air :)

Glorious (if a little chilly) morning out there... had to close the blinds a tad in my home office here as the sun is beaming in. Looking forward to a reasonably quiet day on the meetings front (so far anyway) so actually have a chance to close out a few work bits now which have been hanging over me. Finishing up on a Friday evening is my favourite time of the week at the moment so always feel a little more upbeat of a Friday.

Come Monday we're into the 200's on the countdown & its March too... we're well on our way now.

Glorious (if a little chilly) morning out there... had to close the blinds a tad in my home office here as the sun is beaming in. Looking forward to a reasonably quiet day on the meetings front (so far anyway) so actually have a chance to close out a few work bits now which have been hanging over me. Finishing up on a Friday evening is my favourite time of the week at the moment so always feel a little more upbeat of a Friday.

Come Monday we're into the 200's on the countdown & its March too... we're well on our way now.

Yep, lovely out our way as well. Fingers crossed will be able to finish up a bit earlier today and get out for a walk with the family.

Finally is starting to feel like winter is behind us!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Happy Friday!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Done for the week :)

Off to get some vitamin D.

Have a great evening guys.

TRS30 wrote: »
    Done for the week :)

Off to get some vitamin D.

Have a great evening guys.

Ditto.

Up bright & early then tomorrow to keep manners on the weekly countdown!!

Have a great w/e y'all!

It's amazing the difference a bit of brightness and sun makes!

And this time next month we will be changing our clocks to summer time and looking forward to Easter the following weekend. :)

Posy wrote: »
    It's amazing the difference a bit of brightness and sun makes!

And this time next month we will be changing our clocks to summer time and looking forward to Easter the following weekend. :)

And somewhere in there is my wedding day :D

Happy Friday everyone!

Happy Friday everyone. Loving the positive vibes here today. Great sunny day today.

Oohhh a wedding to look forward too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Loyal Lady

I’m still feeling cheery after my morning walk. Meet a neighbour most mornings and she loves to share her little fella’s milestones. I love to hear them. He was a premature baby after many years of trying to conceive. Today was momentous. No buggy in sight as he toddled towards me with a daffodil. I’m looking at my little gift now and thinking how a little thoughtfulness can make someone’s day.

Beautiful spring day, went on some beautiful walks today :)

Not long back from beach. What a day, lots of people out however was low tide so lots of sand to keep away from everyone:)

• Advertisement

Up nice and early to get the grocery shopping done, after packing at all away we went out for a 10k walk, lovely and bright out and not too chilly either. Cleaned the house from top to bottom then and got the car cleaned too so well happy with the days work. Now myself and the Mrs are gonna have a few drinks later to celebrate my birthday which fell on Thursday... have some new ales and gins I'm dying to try.

Advertisement