Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ICT Managers Civil Service

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Anyone know how annual leave is handled when you move between departments?

I have a good bit more annual leave left at this stage of the year than I really should.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,320 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I have a good bit more annual leave left at this stage of the year than I really should.
    You need to use the proportion you have left up I think before you move or you lose them.
    I have 2 days annual leave left in current place they calculated to use up, so taking them next week start new job in 3ish weeks :)

gmisk wrote: »
    You need to use the proportion you have left up I think before you move or you lose them.
    I have 2 days annual leave left in current place they calculated to use up, so taking them next week start new job in 3ish weeks :)

Right I have 30+ so I might be in a spot of bother. (It was a PeoplePoint mistake in not giving me proper annual leave entitlement for years)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,320 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Right I have 30+ so I might be in a spot of bother. (It was a PeoplePoint mistake in not giving me proper annual leave entitlement for years)
    Wow yes maybe chat to your new places HR?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

Your leave transfers over automatically between departments. You won't lose any excess over what you should theoretically have taken by now.

If you're on Year 3 of your personal leave cycle, though, you'll need to use it up before the end of your new Department's leave year, as then you may indeed lose it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭floyd333

Hi Josey, Did you get offered a position from this panel? I'm wondering how far the panel has moved.

floyd333 wrote: »
    Hi Josey, Did you get offered a position from this panel? I'm wondering how far the panel has moved.

Sent you a PM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭ifElseThen

Panel must have moved quickly enough, I was on the reserve panel and I've been invited for interview in October / early November for the Digital Solutions Implementation Management stream.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 galwaygirl1

Was anyone on this panel assigned to An Garda Síochána? Just wondering how long your vetting took?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Chachabing

ifElseThen wrote: »
    Panel must have moved quickly enough, I was on the reserve panel and I've been invited for interview in October / early November for the Digital Solutions Implementation Management stream.
    Any luck with interview? I had mine over a week ago. No word

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Chachabing

Hi All, I came high up in top 10 for the digital solutions stream for the recent reserve panel interviews. Do you have any information regarding the process from here on? Is there any preparation I can do in advance to streamline the process in the event I get offered a position?

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭trigger26

I heard of interviews being held for people off reserve panel in Dublin, anyone get any interview call up from outside Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Leinster2020

It looks PAS are looking for people again at AP level in ICT

Did anyone hear anything, like how many positions or anything like that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 irumudikkilli

It looks PAS are looking for people again at AP level in ICT

Did anyone hear anything, like how many positions or anything like that ?

Not sure how many vacancies would be in the development stream. The old panel for infrastructure stream is still active, I have been told that it will remain open till the new panel from this competition is formed.

Thanks, its the infrastructure one I would be interested in. I am currently a HEO in infrastructure

I think it closed today. I wonder if many applied ?

Yup, 3pm. Got mine in yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭brownbinman

There's a court service AP role too, very similar to yesterdays one

closing date is next week. CV and cover letter only, so not sure which is worse, having the form or having to do a CV?

There's a court service AP role too, very similar to yesterdays one

closing date is next week. CV and cover letter only, so not sure which is worse, having the form or having to do a CV?

Oh, the form, definitely! Don't know how many times I've had to have those two instances of Adobe open, copying and pasting every single box across from one to the other, because one tiny little detail has changed between versions of the form. One time, the only change was they'd stopped asking why you'd left the previous job!

Probably could have gotten away with just updating the number of months in the current job and the date of the application form and hitting submit, but I played it safe...

No word yet, I know patience is the name of the game. When I got my current position it took a full year from closing date to being appointed.
    Hopefully this one will be quicker.

• Advertisement

Anyone hear anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 RubyCalypso

Not a thing

Anyone hear anything?

Someone must have been reading Boards and went "Oh, ****e, I knew there was something I meant to do!"

Shortlisting next week for Digital Solutions and the week after for Infrastructure.

Nearly 12 last night. 🀣.

same, I got mine after 11.30, someone possibly on overtime

Because I have put down both "I.T." and "Management" in my job preferences, I'll often get job alert emails about vacancies for phlebotomy managers in Portumna, entry-level tech support jobs in Termonfeckin and Chief Executive Officer of some random ETB, late on a Sunday evening, so I suspect they might just have these things on some delayed release. I wonder why, though?

Who knows - maybe if one of us is successful, we might end up on a project to make PAS's computer systems and website fit for the 21st century? Things like:

* A single, central career history and competency profile, kept on PAS's server, and you could just go "Yes, I'll apply for that job!", and click on a "Submit default profile" or "Edit default profile", as appropriate, and not need to copy and paste everything between PDFs

* Even if they keep the PDFs, update them to use English (Ireland) as the default, rather than US English, so the word "organisation" doesn't have a wavy red line underneath it

* Add a "Salary range" field to the job description pages, so you don't have to click on a link to an organisation's 'Careers' page, find the right job, download a PDF, and find on page 12 of a booklet that they're looking for someone with a degree and five years' experience for an entry-level wage

* And I dunno, maybe this is a stretch, but maybe change the login system so you can be both logged in and able to search for jobs at the same time?

Anything since folks?

No. I'd say it'll be Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Because I have put down both "I.T." and "Management" in my job preferences, I'll often get job alert emails about vacancies for phlebotomy managers in Portumna, entry-level tech support jobs in Termonfeckin and Chief Executive Officer of some random ETB, late on a Sunday evening, so I suspect they might just have these things on some delayed release. I wonder why, though?

They probably have to throttle mails due to volume so they don't get flagged as a spam server. We had to do it and we'd send out a lot less mails than them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,488 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

* A single, central career history and competency profile, kept on PAS's server, and you could just go "Yes, I'll apply for that job!", and click on a "Submit default profile" or "Edit default profile", as appropriate, and not need to copy and paste everything between PDFs

I pushed them on this issue at least five years ago. It's an awful waste of time to be spending an hour or two cutting and pasting.

Did anyone hear anything ?

I am waiting in the Inf', so it will be next week at least. It would be good to see some movement

Not a thing

Nothing

They really know how to prolong agony

I think it's safe to say the INf' will not be this week with so little movement so far

• Advertisement

Nothing yet on Inf'
    It's a long wait

• Registered Users Posts: 40 2sounds

Great to have found this thread considering I'm in the same boat for Infra. Still no update this morning. The previous message stated that the shortlisting was scheduled to take place in the next two weeks. Not sure if this means will start and finish in that time, or just start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

2sounds wrote: »
    Great to have found this thread considering I'm in the same boat for Infra. Still no update this morning. The previous message stated that the shortlisting was scheduled to take place in the next two weeks. Not sure if this means will start and finish in that time, or just start.
    Shortlisting has been scheduled to take place within the next 2 weeks
    Got that message on the 17th, so i'd say in another week or two we might hear something.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 2sounds

Will sit tight so. Slightly off topic but I did just receive an update for application re Head of ICT Operations - An Garda Síochána.

I applied for this separately sometime in mid January.

In summary it read - Very large number of applications/Standard Very High/You are not being selected for the next stage of the competition.

The way that I read that message from two weeks ago was that they were going to do the shortlisting for development stream the week before last and the infrastructure last week.

I thought that the email implied that the results of the first lot of shortlisting would issue the next week and then the infrastructure would be last week with their results this week.

I must have misunderstood the message though - maybe it meant they were going to do both lots of shortlisting and then issue the results of the two of them together this week, or however they define "shortly after"

• Advertisement

2sounds wrote: »
    Will sit tight so. Slightly off topic but I did just receive an update for application re Head of ICT Operations - An Garda Síochána.

I applied for this separately sometime in mid January.

In summary it read - Very large number of applications/Standard Very High/You are not being selected for the next stage of the competition.

I got that as well, I think its a little easier to get on a panel as its not just one job. AGS were literally looking for one person for one job.

Hopefully we will hear something soon

• Registered Users Posts: 43 irumudikkilli

I got that as well, I think its a little easier to get on a panel as its not just one job. AGS were literally looking for one person for one job.

Hopefully we will hear something soon

I have a different problem :-) I have been waiting for my posting for several months now since it is my turn in the infra panel from the previous competition. I was told they would contact me should a vacancy arises and that panel would expire once this panel is formed. It would be bemusing if I am not shortlisted!

I have a different problem :-) I have been waiting for my posting for several months now since it is my turn in the infra panel from the previous competition. I was told they would contact me should a vacancy arises and that panel would expire once this panel is formed. It would be bemusing if I am not shortlisted!

That would be really annoying, but unlikely to happen.
    If we get notified this week, interviews would probably mid to late April. They would take a week or two, into May by then. Results not out until late June at the earliest.
    That gives you at least 3 more months to get placed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Another week almost done with no word, unless we get another midnight special like the last message.

Shortly after does seem to have been interpreted loosely alright 🀣

Mails are trickling out

Nothing here yet. It must be a pfo for me 🀣

Not necessarily!

Ive heard of a few get them, some didnt go through and some did

Heard nothing myself yet

PAS running a batch merge on an Excel sheet!

It's probably to do with the different streams or something

All wouldve been the software side, same as meself

We'll see how it goes, maybe we'll get the midnight missive.

• Advertisement
Advertisement