Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ICT Managers Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Leinster2020

Did anyone hear anything ?

I am waiting in the Inf', so it will be next week at least. It would be good to see some movement

• Registered Users Posts: 30 RubyCalypso

Not a thing

Nothing

They really know how to prolong agony

I think it's safe to say the INf' will not be this week with so little movement so far

• Advertisement

Nothing yet on Inf'
    It's a long wait

• Registered Users Posts: 40 2sounds

Great to have found this thread considering I'm in the same boat for Infra. Still no update this morning. The previous message stated that the shortlisting was scheduled to take place in the next two weeks. Not sure if this means will start and finish in that time, or just start.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

2sounds wrote: »
    Great to have found this thread considering I'm in the same boat for Infra. Still no update this morning. The previous message stated that the shortlisting was scheduled to take place in the next two weeks. Not sure if this means will start and finish in that time, or just start.
    Shortlisting has been scheduled to take place within the next 2 weeks
    Got that message on the 17th, so i'd say in another week or two we might hear something.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 2sounds

Will sit tight so. Slightly off topic but I did just receive an update for application re Head of ICT Operations - An Garda Síochána.

I applied for this separately sometime in mid January.

In summary it read - Very large number of applications/Standard Very High/You are not being selected for the next stage of the competition.

The way that I read that message from two weeks ago was that they were going to do the shortlisting for development stream the week before last and the infrastructure last week.

I thought that the email implied that the results of the first lot of shortlisting would issue the next week and then the infrastructure would be last week with their results this week.

I must have misunderstood the message though - maybe it meant they were going to do both lots of shortlisting and then issue the results of the two of them together this week, or however they define "shortly after"

• Advertisement

2sounds wrote: »
    Will sit tight so. Slightly off topic but I did just receive an update for application re Head of ICT Operations - An Garda Síochána.

I applied for this separately sometime in mid January.

In summary it read - Very large number of applications/Standard Very High/You are not being selected for the next stage of the competition.

I got that as well, I think its a little easier to get on a panel as its not just one job. AGS were literally looking for one person for one job.

Hopefully we will hear something soon

• Registered Users Posts: 43 irumudikkilli

I got that as well, I think its a little easier to get on a panel as its not just one job. AGS were literally looking for one person for one job.

Hopefully we will hear something soon

I have a different problem :-) I have been waiting for my posting for several months now since it is my turn in the infra panel from the previous competition. I was told they would contact me should a vacancy arises and that panel would expire once this panel is formed. It would be bemusing if I am not shortlisted!

I have a different problem :-) I have been waiting for my posting for several months now since it is my turn in the infra panel from the previous competition. I was told they would contact me should a vacancy arises and that panel would expire once this panel is formed. It would be bemusing if I am not shortlisted!

That would be really annoying, but unlikely to happen.
    If we get notified this week, interviews would probably mid to late April. They would take a week or two, into May by then. Results not out until late June at the earliest.
    That gives you at least 3 more months to get placed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Another week almost done with no word, unless we get another midnight special like the last message.

Shortly after does seem to have been interpreted loosely alright 🀣

Mails are trickling out

Nothing here yet. It must be a pfo for me 🀣

Not necessarily!

Ive heard of a few get them, some didnt go through and some did

Heard nothing myself yet

PAS running a batch merge on an Excel sheet!

It's probably to do with the different streams or something

All wouldve been the software side, same as meself

We'll see how it goes, maybe we'll get the midnight missive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭fergald

Placed on reserve panel again. 23 years managing high level it projects. Worked for several large private sector companies.

Delivered on a public sector project worth 1.2 billion and machine learning projects.
    Got shortlisted and interviewed for principal officer in
    IT. All for an income of 50k as HEO now.

anyway my rant over,. Back to private sector for me,. Had two offers on the table.
    That's my last attempt,. Hard to take when you see teams of individuals around you promoted with no IT experience.

Doing huge amounts of work for nothing. Private sector scapegoat who took on ps job.

No joy here at all. They didn't send any marking schemes / results either so I don't know where I fell down

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭fergald

RubyCalypso they won't send results out because you have a non tech person marking these,. Staff are coached to fill the forms in. It's a set routine like the interview,. Like in this day and age who follow that interview process.
    Since I joined I have seen people get promoted who are actually terrible at their job,. No idea of IT, programming,. Project management or anything. If I had it back I never of taken that 20k drop to take the HEO job.

You should be able to get some comment/info on the shortlisting if you follow up.

I'll chance following up with them on Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭edenbridge146

fergald wrote: »
    Placed on reserve panel again. 23 years managing high level it projects. Worked for several large private sector companies.

Delivered on a public sector project worth 1.2 billion and machine learning projects.
    Got shortlisted and interviewed for principal officer in
    IT. All for an income of 50k as HEO now.

anyway my rant over,. Back to private sector for me,. Had two offers on the table.
    That's my last attempt,. Hard to take when you see teams of individuals around you promoted with no IT experience.

Doing huge amounts of work for nothing. Private sector scapegoat who took on ps job.

Similar to yourself. 9 years after a Masters in Computer Science and on the reserve panel. I handed my notice in to work today for a career break with full intention of working in the private sector.
    And back on the reserve panel. Again - beggers belief

Did anyone get a yes ?
    I think they forgot about me, I have not heard anything one way or the other

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭floyd333

Reserve panel also.

I got through 2 years ago and placed well on regional panels, but nothing came up.

Heard of a few who are through to interview, good luck to em.

Reserve should see a callup for interview in time if the last panel is anything to go by

• Advertisement

I honestly think they forgot about me, I know we all got texts a few weeks ago about 11.30pm but with so many others having received news it looks like I got forgotten about

Advertisement