Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ICT Managers Civil Service

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

trigger26 wrote: »
    Got an update today on stream 2, im on the reserve batch. feels a bit like watching Jon snow the other night, a bit lost but still hope!

Same here . Wondering how many they are interviewing . Im surprised not to be shortlisted . Am a manager in a CS IT Dept already with 18 years in ICT and Mgmt degree ... Was panelled for other open AP comp which I was using as practice for this one !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 irumudikkilli

Same here . Wondering how many they are interviewing . Im surprised not to be shortlisted . Am a manager in a CS IT Dept already with 18 years in ICT and Mgmt degree ... Was panelled for other open AP comp which I was using as practice for this one !!!

I was shortlisted in the Open based on more than 20 years of experience in Infrastructure Service and Delivery in the private sector, but did not even make the reserve list here. Have asked for a formal review, especially given this contradiction. How "senior" is "senior" level (the excuse they seem to be giving rejected candidates) I wonder!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,095 ✭✭✭Tow

Revenue's IT staff are fairly young, ~20 years of experience may not be a good thing...

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Tow wrote: »
    Revenue's IT staff are fairly young, ~20 years of experience may not be a good thing...

That's an odd comment.

Tow wrote: »

Is there supposed to be a magic number for these streams? :) [E.g.: "Candidate shows insufficient number of years relevant experience...blah...required for this senior role"]

That's an odd comment.

I didn't pick Dublin, but other regions like Cork, Laoise etc., so the age of Revenue IT staff should not have been a metric ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,306 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Just a quick question I see in the message from public jobs the below.
    Does everyone have these? I really dont think I do....will be a scramble to get them before interview tbh.

original and copy of any qualification which is listed as an essential requirement for the position (Please see information booklet for further details).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

gmisk wrote: »
    Just a quick question I see in the message from public jobs the below.
    Does everyone have these? I really dont think I do....will be a scramble to get them before interview tbh.

original and copy of any qualification which is listed as an essential requirement for the position (Please see information booklet for further details).

In my case it'll mean contacting a uni for a copy of a degree from 20-something years ago. One of my private sector qualifications will be a real pain in the ass to get a copy of, too.

In my case it'll mean contacting a uni for a copy of a degree from 20-something years ago. One of my private sector qualifications will be a real pain in the ass to get a copy of, too.

Speaking as someone on the reserve list , it does sound like a lot of hassle , probably best to leave it ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Only interviewing one in six out of 200 that applied.

• Advertisement

Only interviewing one in six out of 200 that applied.

So interviewing that few people? Just gives us all a position and forego the interview :)

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Max Mustermann

That would be very few. Has anyone been interviewed yet? I know they are running until at least 23rd May according to the note from PAS on the venue change. Is anyone on later than that?

That would be very few. Has anyone been interviewed yet? I know they are running until at least 23rd May according to the note from PAS on the venue change. Is anyone on later than that?

I know someone on the 28th getting interviewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭trigger26

I know someone on the 28th getting interviewed.

Are they an existing heo/ap?

trigger26 wrote: »
    Are they an existing heo/ap?

An AO.

Any feedback on the interviews for the ICT AP panels? Do they just go off your application form or do they bring in the full AP competency set?

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭floyd333

Hi Folks,

Has anyone heard how the interviews are going? What questions are they asking?

Any feedback on the interviews for the ICT AP panels? Do they just go off your application form or do they bring in the full AP competency set?
    Mine concentrated on the 4 competencies listed on the summary of the interview panel.

Anyone any idea when these interviews are due to finish up?
    I wonder when we are likely to hear results?

• Advertisement

Anyone any idea when these interviews are due to finish up?
    I wonder when we are likely to hear results?

For some reason I have it in my head we will hear this Friday afternoon. No real reason, so doubtless I'll be left disappointed.

Results for this are out.....I got onto panel....but looks like only one job atm....

Results for this are out.....I got onto panel....but looks like only one job atm....

Is there a panel? Didn't mention one in the mail.

Is there a panel? Didn't mention one in the mail.
    Your right...just order of merit :(
    So all that and no job, unless you number 1?

Your right...just order of merit :(
    So all that and no job, unless you number 1?

I checked and there is a panel.

I checked and there is a panel.
    ah so I didnt make the panel.....but made the order of merit?
    How does that work?

• Advertisement

ah so I didnt make the panel.....but made the order of merit?
    How does that work?

No, you did. PAS confirmed that the order of merit is the panel. The mail is a little confusing.

I should be happier about passing but the way it was phrased made it sound like one job and that's that.

No, you did. PAS confirmed that the order of merit is the panel. The mail is a little confusing.

I should be happier about passing but the way it was phrased made it sound like one job and that's that.
    Ah get you!
    Brill that's good news...oh and congrats!

No mail for me, so I'm assuming that's bad news if the only people who've heard anything so far did get on the panel.

Congrats, folks!

No mail for me, so I'm assuming that's bad news if the only people who've heard anything so far did get on the panel.

Congrats, folks!
    Not necessarily I know of someone else who didn't get onto order of merit but got message

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Max Mustermann

Congrats, folks!

Didn't make it myself but congrats to all who did and good luck if you're still waiting for the message.

• Advertisement

I was placed in the mid teens. Doubt the panel will reach that far.

floyd333 wrote: »
    I was placed in the mid teens. Doubt the panel will reach that far.

I was kind of thinking that myself.

I think I'm just disappointed that there was only 1 vacancy. Can't believe all the effort to fill one spot.

I was kind of thinking that myself.

I think I'm just disappointed that there was only 1 vacancy. Can't believe all the effort to fill one spot.

Yeah I thought there would be a number of positions.

talk of only one vacancy and this panel not getting to mid teens is hugely premature folks

well done to all who placed and commiserations to the others

Service Delivery stream results are out. "I regret to inform you..." :-(

talk of only one vacancy and this panel not getting to mid teens is hugely premature folks

well done to all who placed and commiserations to the others
    I got an email to say it is a panel.
    Will be in operation for 18-24 months.
    I got in single digits so really happy with that fingers crossed.

I got an email to say it is a panel.
    Will be in operation for 18-24 months.
    I got in single digits so really happy with that fingers crossed.

great result for you, well done

great result for you, well done
    Ah thanks for that, fingers crossed

I see from Publicjobs that the pensions authority are looking for an IT Infrastructure Manager at AP level . Any idea why they wouldn't be taking from the current panel of ICT Managers ?

I see from Publicjobs that the pensions authority are looking for an IT Infrastructure Manager at AP level . Any idea why they wouldn't be taking from the current panel of ICT Managers ?

I wondered that myself. Panel is there now and ready to be drawn from. Possibly they applied to DPER ages ago for permission to hire one, prior to the panel being in place, and only got their permission now.

A couple of the competencies seem slightly different to the usual civil service ones, but it's only minor.

Weighing up whether I can be bothered filling in yet another non-standard application form and spending an afternoon copying and pasting... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 galwaygirl1

Any signs of this panel starting to move before I consider the dreaded form again?

Just downloaded the form.

Jebus.

"Provide below, in date order (starting with your current/most recent employer first), full details of all employment experience between the date of leaving school or college and the present date. No period between these dates should be left unaccounted for (exact dates to be given). Insert additional rows if necessary."

Remember, this is an AP - IT Manager post. So you're looking at an absolute bare minimum of 10 years' experience, and for most applicants over 20 years? But yeah, let them know about that 2 months you spend on a FÁS course and the 6 weeks you worked in your uncle's shop back in the 90s, because that's really relevant!

It gets better:

"Brief description of duties"

Totally fair to ask for a description of duties for my IT jobs - even a detailed description. But, like - "did admin work processing invoices in Civil Service Department X", "sold petrol, confectionary and assorted groceries", "learned telephone technique skills from FÁS instructor by holding banana to head and pretending it was a phone" - seriously?!

This panel is only for revenue, agriculture and social protection I think.

Might explain the slow movement ...

Might explain the slow movement ...

There was an internal panel also so I would imagine they were used as they were ready first.

Sooooo....it looks like this was a panel.....as I just got an email about gardai vetting etc.....

The email wasnt RE a role in any of these departments.....

Sooooo....it looks like this was a panel.....as I just got an email about gardai vetting etc.....

Can you say roughly where you are on the panel? Top 10? Top 15?
    The email wasnt RE a role in any of these departments.....

I heard that a couple of other departments are going to be pulling from the list. But you never know what to believe.

Can you say roughly where you are on the panel? Top 10? Top 15?

I heard that a couple of other departments are going to be pulling from the list. But you never know what to believe.
    Top 10 (single figures).
    I am pretty shocked....I need to decide if I want to work there I guess or hold off for the general AP panel, it isnt great location wise for me.

• Advertisement

Top 10 (single figures).
    I am pretty shocked....I need to decide if I want to work there I guess or hold off for the general AP panel, it isnt great location wise for me.

Well good to hear the panel is moving anyway.

Advertisement