Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Why? That is actually news that you want to hear about rather than the inane waffle that most of us are subject to on a daily basis.

Because I didn't want to be friends with someone who posted something as serious as that right when it happened. I just thought it was stupid - 'Holy crap my house is on fire. Better post a status...'

She's the kind of person who would post a selfie with her grandad clutching his chest mid heart attack.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

who would post a selfie with her grandad clutching his chest mid heart attack.

LOL :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

fussyonion wrote: »
    Friend posted: "Thanks for all your well wishes on the birth of our new baby girl who arrived today. Will share the name and pictures soon, we just want to keep her to ourselves a little longer!"

Oh for God's sake, just don't put a status up at all if you want to have some privacy! The parents will have been in contact with the people who give a sh*t anyway, so the important people will already know.

It reminds me of the people who ask for a social media blackout on wedding invitations. As if it's going to ruin some mult-million euro OK magazine deal...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Newaglish wrote: »
    You better start spamming, bro

Most of the stuff is her feeling sorry for herself. At this point I look like this from the eye rolling.
    http://9gag.com/gag/3839094/but-moooom

Heres one from the book of hating everyone:
    do ya ever have dat moment when u wanna scream in a jar then smash it in someone u hate face then run of laughing xD

And here is one with a mix of feeling sorry and hating everyone.:
    I WANT TO SAY THANK YOU ALL OF YOU GUYS WHO ARE BULLYING ME AND SENDING ME NASTY MESSAGES THEN BLOCKING ME AND CALLING ME A STUPID CHEAP BITCH JUST BECAUSE I DONT HAVE WHATSUP OR VIBER OR HAVE A SMARTPHONE OR a iIPHONE. AND WHEN I BECAME FRIENDS WITH SOMEONE JUST FOR ME U SEEM TO THINK ITS A WONDERFUL IDEA TO TURN THEM AGANISTS ME SO WHEN I NOW TALK TO THEM THEY ACT LIKE THEY DONT GIVE A **** NO MORE.. SO NOW I FEEL #WORTHLESS PEICE OF **** FORVER ALONE. MITE ASWELL DIE .

There was also one asking about what love feels like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

do ya ever have dat moment when u wanna scream in a jar then smash it in someone u hate face then run of laughing xD
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Hearing and seeing the news reports of the guy going on the shooting spree in California my first thought was it sounds like the loner (stalker unlucky in love) guy from this thread!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

A friend of a friend once posted a photo of her house on fire at 3am, with the fire brigade on the scene. Proper flames, not just smouldering or anything.

Jesus! :eek:

Reminds me of a guy I know who is living in Australia, he posted a photo of his badly smashed up car immediately after he crashed it. This was followed by dozens of frantic messages from his family and friends in Ireland worrying whether he'd been injured in the crash ... imagine putting up a photo like that without actually contacting people first and letting them know what happened and that you were OK!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

So proud of or girl erin 2 nty she graduated 2 nty we r missin her dad in the photo buh he wud b proud of yu erin xxxx

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I don't think Erin would be proud of her mothers spelling. How is nty anything like night? I know I can't do text speak but what the hell???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Chillin an snuggled watchin da footie wit da sexy man himself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

desultory wrote: »
    It's absolutely noones business but their own what the name is and if they want to keep the pictures and that to themselves for now then more power to them, better than the people who share all over Facebook before they've even had a chance to look at their child.

I hear what you're saying about maybe acknowledging the well wishes of everyone, but still! If you're wanting to keep the baby to yourselves and have time with the baby by yourselves and some privacy, then maybe get off Facebook for a while and do so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

People are under an impression that other people care waaaay more about their kids (not their own kids, but these people's kids) than they do, to an unreal level.

'Here's another pic of a me little potatoe head, exact same as the one yesterday and it'll be the same as the one tomorrow'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Some gems on a chap I knows page these days:

"People in de world ar jellis basters, channin tatum is on gream nortan show, fukin gentle man he is, lisen to his intervew and shut de fuk up, its great to see sumone doin well"

"Lonford/westmeed vote fina gayle, shower of ***** de lot inclewdin de peeple who voted for dem"

"Fina gayl me bolox, feena fall ma bolox, layber party me bolox, evryone vote shin fayne, all 3 have dun nutin for anyone we ar all in bits coz of dem, give shin fayne a go and see how we get on, dessitions in de cuntry has to be opiniated, I hope to see shin fayne, fuk de rest, guvernment is corrupt, ‪#‎basterds‬"

He is a nice chap all the same... :-)

Fieldog wrote: »
    Some gems on a chap I knows page these days:

"People in de world ar jellis basters, channin tatum is on gream nortan show, fukin gentle man he is, lisen to his intervew and shut de fuk up, its great to see sumone doin well"

"Lonford/westmeed vote fina gayle, shower of ***** de lot inclewdin de peeple who voted for dem"

"Fina gayl me bolox, feena fall ma bolox, layber party me bolox, evryone vote shin fayne, all 3 have dun nutin for anyone we ar all in bits coz of dem, give shin fayne a go and see how we get on, dessitions in de cuntry has to be opiniated, I hope to see shin fayne, fuk de rest, guvernment is corrupt, ‪#‎basterds‬"

He is a nice chap all the same... :-)

Adoring the "spelling" :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

ratmouse wrote: »
    Adoring the "spelling" :-)

It's actually not that bad if you were to read it phonetically, but good god I can only imagine the effort that went into bastardising the english language like that in order to make it 'coolspeak'. Surely it could only take a genius to display that level of idiocy? :D

Czarcasm wrote: »
    It's actually not that bad if you were to read it phonetically, but good god I can only imagine the effort that went into bastardising the english language like that in order to make it 'coolspeak'. Surely it could only take a genius to display that level of idiocy? :D

Possibly! Surely it took a far greater effort to write in that format?! My favourite spelling interpretation in that post has to be "inclewdin". Love it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

"rip (>insert name<) cnt bliev ur gone god only tkes d best ur wit the angles now i wil nvr forget u u wer always gorggjus an i wil alwys rmebmer d gud times".

The angles strike back eh?
    I wonder if they've been reading this forum because it all looks like something we've joked about...but that is actually a genuine post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

There's a picture of an "abducted" child going round at the moment. A lot of people are just blindly sharing it. Absolutely no mention of it in the news, if there was really an abduction we'd be hearing about it as much as the Madeline McCann story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

Somebody shared something similar on my timeline a few months ago about a missing teenager in England. A quick google showed that it had happened months previously & that she had long since been found safe & sound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

She's the kind of person who would post a selfie with her grandad clutching his chest mid heart attack.
    I suspect you're joking about this, but I actually have a screenshot of a snapchat picture of a local man - taken by his daughter, when he was in the back of an ambulance, on his way down to the hospital with chest pains.

I mean, really?

Really?

El Weirdo wrote: »
    I suspect you're joking about this, but I actually have a screenshot of a snapchat picture of a local man - taken by his daughter, when he was in the back of an ambulance, on his way down to the hospital with chest pains.

I mean, really?

Really?

That would be my instinctive reaction to that kind of thing too. However, I wonder if that's not simply being old-fashioned. A huge amount of people live their lives primarily online these days & it's where they feel most comfortable, so sharing traumatic events on snapchat etc maybe their only way of coping. The world is moving on & this will probably be considered completely normal before too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭AlwaysAnyTime

fussyonion wrote: »
    "rip (>insert name<) cnt bliev ur gone god only tkes d best ur wit the angles now i wil nvr forget u u wer always gorggjus an i wil alwys rmebmer d gud times".

The angles strike back eh?
    I wonder if they've been reading this forum because it all looks like something we've joked about...but that is actually a genuine post.
    Don't be so obtuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

The only thing worse than spelling "angels" as "angles" is the inevitable obtuse/acute humour vacuum that sweeps in immediately afterwards.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

The only thing worse than spelling "angels" as "angles" is the inevitable obtuse/acute humour vacuum that sweeps in immediately afterwards.

Don't be a Square

• Advertisement

It's just a "reflex" action.

It's a question of degrees really, I'm not sure there's a perfectly right angel to take on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Alf. A. Male

That used to bother me too, but I did a 180 on it.

Keep on topic folks. Don't make a protracted argument out of it.

Aghhh, you're all killing me. I'm going to go post on Facebook about how "im nt gon2 let nasty horibble pple get indway of my happiness cant bliev sumppl nneedta geta life"

Then obviously refuse to clarify what's bothering me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

U ok hun. xxx Mail me. xxx

U ok hun. xxx Mail me. xxx

mail'd u hun tanx

Aghhh, you're all killing me.

Heez wit de angles now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

All these angle jokes are making me wrecked-angle

That was bad I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

anna080 wrote: »
    All these angle jokes are making me wrecked-angle

Don't be such a square

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Don't be such a square

How very obtuse.

Same jokes as the previous page. We've gone full circle now.

Same jokes as the previous page. We've gone full circle now.

See, I did have a point :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

A woman I used to work with tagged herself as "feeling sick" at the local doctor's surgery.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

ivytwine wrote: »
    A woman I used to work with tagged herself as "feeling sick" at the local doctor's surgery.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

When I see people post things like that I always have to pry my fingers from the keyboard as I just want to write ' you cant be that F**king sick if you are on facebook'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Someone on my timeline in Carlow just posted a warning about people throwing eggs at car windscreens so they can rob them when they stop..............in New Delhi.

Another friend had a family feud play out on facebook with everyone able to read and offer abuse/support. She then stood up one night in a pub and told everyone her business was "private and no one elses" and not to be "gossiping about what they know nothing about"

pc7 wrote: »
    When I see people post things like that I always have to pry my fingers from the keyboard as I just want to write ' you cant be that F**king sick if you are on facebook'

To be fair, you could have cancer and still use Facebook...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

It hasn't worked if she was looking for attention, though. Just one like, and it looks like the person likes that she's sick!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Funnily enough, I don't develop paralysis and blindness every time I'm sick resulting in my being unable to use my phone or tablet. If I'm in a doctor's surgery I'll more than likely be looking at my phone than the pox-ridden auld one with the weird smell.

That said, I wouldn't tag myself in the doctor's office. That's just stupid…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Funnily enough, I don't develop paralysis and blindness every time I'm sick resulting in my being unable to use my phone or tablet. If I'm in a doctor's surgery I'll more than likely be looking at my phone than the pox-ridden auld one with the weird smell.

That said, I wouldn't tag myself in the doctor's office. That's just stupid…

Not just stupid - also attention whoring, waiting for the 'are you ok hun' messages to flood in. Ugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

People do it when they're hungover....

To be fair, you could have cancer and still use Facebook...

No I'm talking about the pure attention seeking check ins for attention 'at my bed feeling poorly' or the example given they are exactly the type hope your ok Hun satires

• Administrators Posts: 14,392 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Someone living abroad for the year....

"I can't believe the fking ignorance of some people. In a restaurant today and lit up a fag. Yoke at the table beside me with her kid gives me the dirtiest fking look. I go outside to finish the fag. When I came back in she didn't even fking look at me. No fking word of thanks.

Yeah.... Nice fking manners you're teaching your kid there."

Cue reply:

"You should have stubbed it out in her eye. That would teach her, stupid fking bitch LOL".

(I've edited grammar & txtspk. I just couldn't bring myself to type it as it was posted!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

If Tracey Barlow was a pizza flavour she'd be deep pan mushroom and bleach

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 78 ✭✭Pat Custard

HAving fab time in portugal ..albufeira bit nippy in the evenings doh , having a cocktail now b4 dinner , never new how hard it would be to eat clean over here nobody understands what im saying . love it here but miss my little women

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement