Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Exercise Bike

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭TK Lemon

Illium wrote: »
    I have an exercise bike too. Really getting into it.

But, is it better to burn more calories at a lower resistance setting or should I up it a gear and break more sweat but burn less calories?

I’m just getting into cycling myself, but here’s my opinion!

What about intervals of different gears? I use some exercise videos when cycling and they’ll say when to higher/lower the gears.

I think it’s better to work up a sweat and with lower calories, your body is still burning off calories when resting. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tringle

Me again, bike is assembled and support emailed re Ifit code. But having problems with the app. Gone the the Playstore and now have it on the tablet but can't get any further. Trying to register for an account so enter my email address and click Begin my Journey and it goes nowhere, just keeps unclicking the option. I g deleted it and tried again an no luck, any suggestions. Wifi and bluetooth enabled and tablet is paired with bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tringle

All sorted and first cycle done.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 david992

This is great stuff, thanks for your links. I like riding in nature, or around town more, but I realize that's not possible right now. And most of the year we can't drive. I'll think about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Renault 5

Im looking to buy the NordicTrack S22i

Seems to be sold out everywhere in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭hbab2009

Is there an exercise bike you can get that links with smartphone apps? apple health or samsung health? Or does something have to be added to an exercise bike in order for this link to work?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭hamburgham

Just wondering if someone could give an update as to their experience with their bikes? Would they recommend their model? Did your fitness improve, did you lose any weight or tone up if that was the aim? I'm hoping to get one, max budget is E 500. Dread the thought of having to assemble it myself though never had any probleme with anything from Ikea. I wouldn't even recognize a wrench.

Would really welcome recommendations as overwhelmed by the choice. Many thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Did anyone have any resistance problems with the Proform 210?

Mine pairs up fine with iFit and the resistance was changing automatically although that stops if i were to manually change the resistance and so then after that i would have to keep changing it myself. That is something that i'd have to do alot as i don't think the bike resistance matches up properly in that regard when doing an iFit session.

But now level 1 resistance is like level 8 or something and it's not changing at all properly for me. Anyone else come across that problem and fix it?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Chubakazubaka

I'm more of a fan of the real bike, since I like riding in the woods better. 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Advertisement