Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Exercise Bike

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭DubLad69

Nope - haven't tried that but I will thanks!

The assembly was easy enough - about 30-40 mins. I did it by myself without any problems - even though it says you need two people. The trickiest bit is the handlebar shaft with the wiring - just pay very close attention to the instructions and you'll be fine. Very sturdy bike - very happy with it.

Did you need any tools to put it together?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

DubLad69 wrote: »
    Did you need any tools to put it together?

Just a wrench, screwdriver and the tools that came with it - Allen keys

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭whodafunk

Anybody have any recommendations around €100 or so pricepoint for pensioner just to get a bit of cycling in at home? Just need height adjustable seat/bars and maybe basic workout summary function. Found this on Argos. Nearly 500 4 star reviews. Worth a punt? Or any other recommendations? Thanks

https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/6097543/Trail/searchtext%3EExercise+bike.htm

So my bike came, and it's rubbish. It won't cycle (it's like the inside is getting caught on something and then the knob for changing the seat height just broke off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Renault 5

So my bike came, and it's rubbish. It won't cycle (it's like the inside is getting caught on something and then the knob for changing the seat height just broke off

Which one did you order?

• Advertisement

Renault 5 wrote: »
    Which one did you order?

The Proform 210 from Elverys. I managed to fix it, but it seems like it will just keep happening. So I'll have to return.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

Mine ordered 29 Jan and no sign of it yet. Email received to say it will be on the way but no dispatch notice yet. And I hadn't planned on having much assembly to do, hopefully husband will be around and in a good humour.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 FatGoldMonkey

I received the Proform 210 today and have the same problem. It won't cycle even on the lowest resistance.
    The Proform 210 from Elverys. I managed to fix it, but it seems like it will just keep happening. So I'll have to return.

How did you manage to fix it?

Driver looking for my house right now. Has anyone have any success with theirs from the January order. I will be so disappointed if i cant use mine this weekend.

I received the Proform 210 today and have the same problem. It won't cycle even on the lowest resistance.

How did you manage to fix it?

There are instructions in the manual to remove and readjust the drive belt. It takes a while, and I was terrified I was gonna break the whole bike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 FatGoldMonkey

There are instructions in the manual to remove and readjust the drive belt. It takes a while, and I was terrified I was gonna break the whole bike.

Yeah that's my worry too. I found good instructions on youtube for how to do it so I'll give it a bash later. Only other option is to return it and wait weeks for a replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Anyone using the Echelon bike?

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Slimity

My proform being delivered tomorrow apparently.

Lads these accounts of it not working are not inspiring much confidence.
    Any satisfaction with it now?

Slimity wrote: »
    My proform being delivered tomorrow apparently.

Lads these accounts of it not working are not inspiring much confidence.
    Any satisfaction with it now?

Yeah mine is working fine now. They said they would send a new knob for the one that's broken and it's working fine after I adjusted the belt.

It's not the most sturdy though. I tried using it with iFit and there are parts where it tells you to stand, but when I try standing it just doesn't feel secure enough

Mine unpacked but not assembled. Other than ifit has anyone found any other nice app to use with an exercise bike. I dont want to race or have to keep up with anyone but would like to plot a journey and see it on a map as i get through it. Any suggestions?

tringle wrote: »
    Mine unpacked but not assembled. Other than ifit has anyone found any other nice app to use with an exercise bike. I dont want to race or have to keep up with anyone but would like to plot a journey and see it on a map as i get through it. Any suggestions?

Assembly is easy enough. As far as I know it only works with iFit, but if you find anything else please let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭TK Lemon

whodafunk wrote: »
    Anybody have any recommendations around €100 or so pricepoint for pensioner just to get a bit of cycling in at home? Just need height adjustable seat/bars and maybe basic workout summary function. Found this on Argos. Nearly 500 4 star reviews. Worth a punt? Or any other recommendations? Thanks

https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/6097543/Trail/searchtext%3EExercise+bike.htm

I had this bike from Argos a few years ago and I found it great to use! I ended up giving it away (got lazy!).

I recently got back into cycling again and I’ve been looking for that bike since January, it hasn’t been in stock yet! I bought one from HomeStore & More for €200 instead.

I would recommend the Argos one, if it comes back in stock. :)

Assembly is easy enough. As far as I know it only works with iFit, but if you find anything else please let us know.

I use Samsung Health on an actual cycle or walk and love it so something like that for a virtual cycle would be great. Does Ifit have virtual cycles you can do when you want or is it all live classes?

tringle wrote: »
    I use Samsung Health on an actual cycle or walk and love it so something like that for a virtual cycle would be great. Does Ifit have virtual cycles you can do when you want or is it all live classes?

Ok so it looks like Ifit will do this. I originally thought so but then all I've been reading lately seems to focus on the oven classes.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Illium

I have an exercise bike too. Really getting into it.

But, is it better to burn more calories at a lower resistance setting or should I up it a gear and break more sweat but burn less calories?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭TK Lemon

Illium wrote: »
    I have an exercise bike too. Really getting into it.

But, is it better to burn more calories at a lower resistance setting or should I up it a gear and break more sweat but burn less calories?

I’m just getting into cycling myself, but here’s my opinion!

What about intervals of different gears? I use some exercise videos when cycling and they’ll say when to higher/lower the gears.

I think it’s better to work up a sweat and with lower calories, your body is still burning off calories when resting. :)

Me again, bike is assembled and support emailed re Ifit code. But having problems with the app. Gone the the Playstore and now have it on the tablet but can't get any further. Trying to register for an account so enter my email address and click Begin my Journey and it goes nowhere, just keeps unclicking the option. I g deleted it and tried again an no luck, any suggestions. Wifi and bluetooth enabled and tablet is paired with bike.

All sorted and first cycle done.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 david992

This is great stuff, thanks for your links. I like riding in nature, or around town more, but I realize that's not possible right now. And most of the year we can't drive. I'll think about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Renault 5

Im looking to buy the NordicTrack S22i

Seems to be sold out everywhere in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭hbab2009

Is there an exercise bike you can get that links with smartphone apps? apple health or samsung health? Or does something have to be added to an exercise bike in order for this link to work?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭hamburgham

Just wondering if someone could give an update as to their experience with their bikes? Would they recommend their model? Did your fitness improve, did you lose any weight or tone up if that was the aim? I'm hoping to get one, max budget is E 500. Dread the thought of having to assemble it myself though never had any probleme with anything from Ikea. I wouldn't even recognize a wrench.

Would really welcome recommendations as overwhelmed by the choice. Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Did anyone have any resistance problems with the Proform 210?

Mine pairs up fine with iFit and the resistance was changing automatically although that stops if i were to manually change the resistance and so then after that i would have to keep changing it myself. That is something that i'd have to do alot as i don't think the bike resistance matches up properly in that regard when doing an iFit session.

But now level 1 resistance is like level 8 or something and it's not changing at all properly for me. Anyone else come across that problem and fix it?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Chubakazubaka

I'm more of a fan of the real bike, since I like riding in the woods better. 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Advertisement