Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Dates Ireland *read first post*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,973 ✭✭✭pgj2015

The "friend" was the girl who was on a date with the son of a 7th son.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Weepsie wrote: »
    Background people.might be in several episodes. Not all the dates in one episode are from the same day and they're edited together so you see the same people in the background over the weeks

Why didn’t they just put in cardboard people like they did at the Super Bowl??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

Yer man John had some chance if he hadn't blurted out the Harry Potter stuff. I think the woman thought about that for 10 seconds and thought "Eh no". Imagine being stupid enough to come out with that on the first date! Imagine getting lucky and bringing a girl home and the shock on her face when she saw the Harry Potter bedclothes.....at least save the odd secrets until you are an item!

John and Mary were great. She didn't strike me as one who'd be smoking weed in Amsterdam or buying dildo's but there you go!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,354 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Yeah something very odd/off about the Harry Potter guy

He tried to control the date from the start - acting as if it was a job interview or something.

At one point he directed her to sing through the cup the song she had already told him hadn’t gone well at her dads funeral

She simply says no, you could see the reaction on his face which he then tried to disguise

Just something odd about the carry on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭jellybear

At one point he directed her to sing through the cup the song she had already told him hadn’t gone well at her dads funeral

She simply says no, you could see the reaction on his face which he then tried to disguise

Just feel it's important to point out it was her dad's wedding, not funeral.

• Advertisement

Just regarding the old guy mad John

I got the feeling he would’ve said yes to ANYONE and that’s no harm, just that’s the way it is with him

A couple in their 70's might not even be looking for love - they might be lonely and want somebody to go off on a day trip with. I was delighted for them and hope it lasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,817 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Why didn’t they just put in cardboard people like they did at the Super Bowl??

I'd imagine to give more atmosphere to the diners .... conversation would be extremely stilted if you knew everyone was listening....yeah I know it's getting aired on tv but I think it's ingrained in us to whisper when the room is quiet....plus I presume you might forget about the cameras after a while?

A couple in their 70's might not even be looking for love - they might be lonely and want somebody to go off on a day trip with. I was delighted for them and hope it lasts.

Fully agree

I'd imagine to give more atmosphere to the diners .... conversation would be extremely stilted if you knew everyone was listening....yeah I know it's getting aired on tv but I think it's ingrained in us to whisper when the room is quiet....plus I presume you might forget about the cameras after a while?

Imagine sitting in a restaurant with cardboard cut-outs. Cringe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

At that age they are definitely not shagging. I reckon mad John would be more interested in looking at a prize Bull or the Tipp hurlers than he would fancy having his way with Mary.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭KevRossi

At that age they are definitely not shagging.

You are so wrong. :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,205 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

At that age they are definitely not shagging. I reckon mad John would be more interested in looking at a prize Bull or the Tipp hurlers than he would fancy having his way with Mary.

A UK study not irish but STDs on the rise among OAPs.

https://www.ageuk.org.uk/latest-press/articles/2019/october/as-stis-in-older-people-continue-to-rise-age-uk-calls-to-end-the-stigma-about-sex-and-intimacy-in-later-life/

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Sakana

Did she say 10x exciting?

Yup, spotted that. Pointed out to my SO and she didn't understand what was wrong.

We're doomed as a couple.

This guy looks like Limmy

Bulb off him! I thought he and the other yuppy were painful at the start but I liked them before it was over.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

Sakana wrote: »
    Yup, spotted that. Pointed out to my SO and she didn't understand what was wrong.

We're doomed as a couple.

Ha. Mine had the opposite reaction. Rolled her eyes and said its 10 times ffs. Gonna marry her :pac:

I fully hope to be still shagging in my 70s - why not??

dobman88 wrote: »
    Ha. Mine had the opposite reaction. Rolled her eyes and said its 10 times ffs. Gonna marry her :pac:

Sounds like a keeper! Thruple or nah?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,042 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Episode before was way better.

Mad Johnny and mad Mary were legends. Her vibrator story cracked me up. Him forgetting to take his mask off was so endearing. Tipp rocks and hope that they continue being legends.

John and Andrea. What can I say. He wasn't just a Harry Potter fan, but he had a robe, pj's and sheets. She was a stunner and he was good craic but jaysus, surely he had more than HP to him. Surprising that she wanted a second date but not surprising that it didn't progress.

Carla and kieran. Both looked good. But his chat was painful. Is all that he could chat about is a spice bag. She described a shredded chicken and he was talking about Oxford dictionary. Most bizarre bit was him pronouncing his name as Ciaran(a with a fada) but spelling it Kieran.

Lain and Dean were good craic. Thought they were suited and Cork guys excuse was weak about too similar. Anyway wish them both well. One issue with this is the name of the shot. I owned bars and know the shot but recently I have had personal experience with brain cancer with a family situation. I think that it's a bit crass to have a shot called a brain haemorrhage and explicitly called out. Small thing, no issue.

Looking forward to seeing the next episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,295 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

joeguevara wrote: »

Carla and kieran. Both looked good. But his chat was painful. Is all that he could chat about is a spice bag. She described a shredded chicken and he was talking about Oxford dictionary. Most bizarre bit was him pronouncing his name as Ciaran(a with a fada) but spelling it Kieran.

I think Ciaran would have being better if he stopped the act he was putting on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭KevRossi

The vibrator story is gas.

https://twitter.com/RTE2/status/1367429621461872646

Quick update on John and Mary and a few others. Carla looks very well in this IMO.

https://twitter.com/RTE2/status/1367788241726955521

• Registered Users Posts: 85,374 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The old chap, the Irish Crocodile Mick Dundee was good, thought his date was trying too hard to be funny though with her stories

I did laugh and enjoy the returnee getting a no

The could be raging sex mad yolks engaging in dogging and all sorts, Mary may use sex toys :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The old chap, the Irish Crocodile Mick Dundee was good, thought his date was trying too hard to be funny though with her stories

Would you seriously go on twice AND admit that you hadn't had even one date in the interim? Any potential partner who might see the show would be thinking :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,973 ✭✭✭pgj2015

I was watching the UK version of the show last night, there was a posh woman who was on a date with a male model. Both were early 20's. The date didn't go well, they were sat there just looking at each other at the end of the date not saying anything. Then the bill is put on the table, the model looks at the woman, she says oh do you want me to put some money towards this? he says yeah we will go 50/50 lol dead right. why would he pay for the meal, he didn't ask her out and they were clearly never going to see each other again. Yer one says she thought the man should pay on the first date and that the guy clearly hadn't watched any Disney movies.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I know Mary and she’s an absolute howl. Nothing phases her.

She sent me link to the show and I thought her Facebook had been hacked so I deleted it. Only watching now.

I know Mary and she’s an absolute howl. Nothing phases her.

She sent me link to the show and I thought her Facebook had been hacked so I deleted it. Only watching now.

Mary is on Facebook, good on her

Marie is in good nick for 75.....shes got a good perspective...." merry" widow

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭WildWater

I like these two. Both look mighty for their age.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,964 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Stylish bloke here.....

Advertisement