Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planetside 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭oxo_

Yeah check your SOE accounts, my PS1 went active today for 30 days.
    Hopefully that should indicate your PS2 also going active soon if not already.

Cyssor pop locked, overrun by TR and NC scum, need more VS fishheads to join ! :D

Nice to see though, seems to be loads online playing PS1 due to the free 30 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Yeah checked, Planetside 1 is "pending" and has "45 Days Non-recuring" underneath it. Think it means I have 45 days of play stacked up to play with. Planetside 2 just has "Inactive" and no options for details or anything.

Meh, comp would probably poop itself if tried to run PS2 anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

oxo_ wrote: »
    Cyssor pop locked, overrun by TR and NC scum, need more VS fishheads to join ! :D

Nice to see though, seems to be loads online playing PS1 due to the free 30 days.

****ing VS purple monkey dishwashers..

Stev_o wrote: »
    ****ing VS purple monkey dishwashers..

28/8 k/d running an AA max :) Then I had to do parent stuff and quit the game for now :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Playing it again with full pop lock is so much fun; Cyssor has been a constant warzone for me with Maxes, infantry, tanks and planes all around fighting two and three way battles. Brings back tears of joy to see it again :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I dont recall my details for PS1,think the old hotmail accoutn i used is obsolete now.
    Anything i can do to enhance my chances of getting into the beta?
    I still have my PS1 game box and disc etc.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Can always try their CS if you have your old credit card number to verify you by.

Also two poplocked continents atm (and one is a full on 133 vs 133 vs 133 three way :P ); I in love again with PS!

CSR's are snitching on you TR monkeys btw, telling us (VS) where you're going to raid next :)

oxo_ wrote: »
    CSR's are snitching on you TR monkeys btw, telling us (VS) where you're going to raid next :)
    Oh we had the same; it's always been like that (we were warned about a 5 Gal drop coming to the BD on a critical base from VS for example). It's all about getting some good fights going :)

• Advertisement

I see Azk was back last night too, and xprism. Even with a csr online xprism was wiping out whole units with a medium weapon, took out 5 maxes who intentionally went after him at the same time. Reckon at least a hundred VS logged off after that bullsh!t :(
    I jut hope PS2 isn't ruined by cheaters.

Had a lovely pop locked three way in the caves last night; it was utter mayham with all three sides going at it for capturing one location.

Oh and VS Starfire MAX = OP; the amount of bitching I get from people doing stupid stuff (oh hai I see big laser orbs coming down a hill lets try to kill the MAX by flying towards the orbs!) with it is amusing though. Still prefer the Burster but the Starfire is fun for were you can get to it (including sitting behind enemy lines shooting down Lodestars and what not).

It's the only saving grace the VS have tbh, our AA max. It's the only VS specific option I'd choose, don't even bother with HA weapons spec.
    The AV weapon is good too but it's an arse if you've crap latency playing on the US server, VPN is the only option really to lower that.

Get most of my kills with the AA Max, find a large mountain to fly up too and just sit there picking off aircraft.
    You know you're doing good when crack teams come at you and bail out to blow you away with Deci's :)

I'll probably end up playing TR in PS2 tbh.

You mean beyond the Magrider? The OP hover tank of hell for any bridge fight? I can't really tell about the HA though; I die to all of them and suck with all of them :(

Over all I have to say I like things from all factions (NC AV, all sides AA MAXes, TR AI and AV, VS Tanks etc.) in the end and hope the diversity will keep up. That gives a reason for me to play all sides as I do now :)

Sorry I meant infantry based. Yeah the VS vehicles are pretty cool, would agree there, fun to drive and shoot.

GameSpy article that confirms 2k players doing battle at the same time! OMGZ!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

So any suggestions for getting my vet beta access? contacted them on twitter and they just ignored it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Nody wrote: »
    GameSpy article that confirms 2k players doing battle at the same time! OMGZ!

That's pretty god damn amazing. Really can't wait for this to come out, and see how well it works in action.

Im in wooo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭leemurta

Stev_o wrote: »
    Im in wooo

How big is the download for it?

leemurta wrote: »
    How big is the download for it?

7 gigs probably less. I can say this. Believe the hype it's fantastic.

Beta starts next week apparently. Anyone else get into the tech tests?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

PS1 vet here, i'm looking forward to how they deal with lag with so many people, locked continents were generally a mess when the opposing force breached the base, talking about 500+ people in an area the size of a small battlefield map

Trailer has been released for anyone interested

I WANT TO PLAY THIS GAME!!!!!!

It's top of my 'list' now, even with Guild Wars 2 out in less then a month. Has there been any indication of a release date yet?

Kiith wrote: »
    It's top of my 'list' now, even with Guild Wars 2 out in less then a month. Has there been any indication of a release date yet?

Release date no but beta starts next week. Looking forward to playing this tonight whoop.

FFS still no word on my vet beta key, ****ing SOE

VinLieger wrote: »
    FFS still no word on my vet beta key, ****ing SOE

Don't need one once you signed up with the same email you used for the original PS

• Advertisement

Need people to play this with =(

Advertisement