Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Planetside 2

Options
1373839404143»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Flying always felt weird to me in PS2, so much so i just dont bother now but my god there are some amazing pilots playing it these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Kinda got back into this during the week. I'm still as bad at it as I remember. Small-scale battles I'm fine with but when it gets to 100s it's just friendly-fire everywhere. I can't let a round off without it hitting a teammate and before I know it I'm dead O.O

Support roles are good for noobs, right?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Support roles are good for noobs, right?
    Go medic and focus on ressing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭James74

Or go Engineer and hang around with a MAX or two, throw out ammo and repair with wild abandon.

^ Yep. Messed around with medic, engineer and MAX. Did a lot better than I usually do like that. More kills, survived longer and I think I helped those around me much better than when I played as other classes. Having a good squad and platoon is really great. We had one commander that was directing 4 platoons rather strategically and each platoon leader was doing their own thing within that. Took over a lot of bases and in fact just conquered Indar completely.

Game really makes you feel small but it's a nice change to feel like a cog in the machine rather than rambo. I think I'll be playing this a lot more these days because I got hooked till sunrise! That is if MGSV doesn't completely sweep me away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Anyone still playing? Downloading at the moment... =)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Anyone still playing? Downloading at the moment... =)
    Still around playing on Miller; got characters on all three factions I'm playing as well when the fancy takes me :)

Logged on for about half an hour. Got wrecked, all the time, obviously but upgraded my medic and engineer for some free certs. Game has changed a lot since I last logged. There's sh*t all over my screen but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Logged on after dinner and cranked up the graphics to Ultra and maxed out the render distance.... wow. What a beautiful game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭..Brian..

Logged in for the first time in ages this evening but there's something wrong with the sound. Keeps cutting out and can't hear comms at all. Got fed up trying to fix it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Kyousuke

I'm an avid player of Planetside 2. My main character is a NC.

Is there any outfits here with a predominatly Irish playerbase or will I stick with my current one. (Outfit 418)

Sorry I'm TR. I just hop between outfits because I always get kicked from them when I drop the game for a few months. Ya can't take it personally it's just them cleaning up inactive users.

They've really improved in-game mics. I was on last night and got recruited by another outfit because they said I was playing well. Following basic orders and holding your points really pays off. The Platoon leader was very friendly. Complete opposite of the platoon leader I got the night before that... one of the biggest dickhead I've heard on mics in years. Wasn't upset about it or anything but it just made it an absolute eye-roller to play. Oh well screw him, got a new awesome outfit again.

Sorry I'm TR. I just hop between outfits because I always get kicked from them when I drop the game for a few months. Ya can't take it personally it's just them cleaning up inactive users.

They've really improved in-game mics. I was on last night and got recruited by another outfit because they said I was playing well. Following basic orders and holding your points really pays off. The Platoon leader was very friendly. Complete opposite of the platoon leader I got the night before that... one of the biggest dickhead I've heard on mics in years. Wasn't upset about it or anything but it just made it an absolute eye-roller to play. Oh well screw him, got a new awesome outfit again.
    A good 'toon makes it a completely different game; even better if you get a decent enemy 'toon doing a counter drop on you etc. (I know there at least used to be some cross faction communication to try to coordinate fights like that between outfits).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,331 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

. Oh well screw him, got a new awesome outfit again.

Until you mess up again next week.

Until I stop playing for a few months and the clan needs a clean :P That guy wasn't in my outfit it was just a an open platoon that I joined. He plugged his outfit a few times but I wasn't buying it. Unlike the one after that didn't advertise but just recruited me for using mics and listening to their orders. Outfit hopping is normal if you take long breaks but still want to play not completely casually.

In honesty I find it difficult to play at all without an organised platoon or outfit. Solo I just don't know what to be doing and I can't change anything on the battlefield. With a good leader a platoon can take facilities and make huge impact on fights. It's the only way I have fun with it. Running around aimlessly or looking to score kills just for myself feels like a waste.

I have a little over 1K money now but I have no idea what to use it for. Anything like a vehicle weapon will drain all of it just for one. Even things like a Galaxy weapon will not allow you to use it on all sides. If you a weapon on the tail you can't place that on the wings. Seems really wrong. I get weapons not carrying over to other vehicles but paying up to something like 500+ every angle the galaxy has to cover to protect its self is insane.

So I usually just spend it on very cheap things like passive upgrades for the classes. It can only be 1-10 quid for getting a little extra damage resistance. I upgraded the medic tool for only 50 last night but maxing things out requires a lot of grind. Very tempted to grind for making a full-stealth Sunderer. Costs a crazy amount of money but it pays for itself later on I'd imagine with the amount of people that would spawn from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,142 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

This game is still a unique experience.

Advertisement