Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planetside 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

http://john-smedley.livejournal.com/2412.html

Smedley talking about future plans. Some interesting ideas in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭KilOit

Anybody contact the SOE support? if so how long did it take to respond?
    I'm dying to get into planetside 1 for old times sake but my old email is deleted years ago and have no way to subscribe with my old account. Waiting 3 days with no response now

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Nemesis

I emailed support and gave them a list of all my old email addresses and asked had they any a/c's linked to them.

I then got about 2 or 3 emails back from them asking me a few questions to check I was genuine.

Some of the questions I couldnt remember but eventually I got my old details back and then registered for the PS2 beta.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

I didn't receive any email notification but I checked my Station account subs pace and found that I had an active Planetside 2 subscription - happy days!

The hardest part was finding the download links!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭KilOit

fenris wrote: »
    I didn't receive any email notification but I checked my Station account subs pace and found that I had an active Planetside 2 subscription - happy days!

The hardest part was finding the download links!
    Mine says active as well but can't find a download link! Care to pm it to me?

Their chat function was rubbish, guy was useless at getting my old account back so I phoned them and the lady I got couldn't have been nicer. I didn't even remember my account name but once I gave her my old emails she just asked my secret question and was reunited with my old account!

I now have 2 accounts with beta sign up, new one with pc gamer beta key attached and other with vet status

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

KilOit wrote: »
    Mine says active as well but can't find a download link! Care to pm it to me?

Same boat, account is flagged but not got an e-mail yet and no trace of downloads on the main site.

Probably arrive just as I pop Darksiders 2 into the PS3 tomorrow :rolleyes:

:EDIT: Nevermind, trawled the PS2 forums and found the download link, see you guys on Auraxis.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,657 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Bah never got activated, too late now that GW2 early access starts on saturday

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Same boat, account is flagged but not got an e-mail yet and no trace of downloads on the main site.

Probably arrive just as I pop Darksiders 2 into the PS3 tomorrow :rolleyes:

:EDIT: Nevermind, trawled the PS2 forums and found the download link, see you guys on Auraxis.

Same here, no email but seems i have access.
    Cant find a download link however.
    I tried one i got on the forums but when i click download nothing happens.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

With out breaking any NDA all I can say is my wife asked me wtf I was dancing around our living room earlier today...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Dcully wrote: »
    Same here, no email but seems i have access.
    Cant find a download link however.
    I tried one i got on the forums but when i click download nothing happens.

Got the your in the beta mail today as well but the page its says to go to has no active weblinks :(

So after looking on the beta forums I found this

1) Go to www.planetside2.com (dont go to EU website if you are in Europe)
    2) Click on "Sign up" on the right , this will log you in (either you log in manually or it will do it automaticly based on previous visits)
    3) After being logged in, click on the PS2 icon to go to the main page
    4) In the address bar, add "/download" (without quotes) to your URL ==> www.planetside2.com/download

Worked like a charm :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Venom wrote: »
    Got the your in the beta mail today as well but the page its says to go to has no active weblinks :(

So after looking on the beta forums I found this

1) Go to www.planetside2.com (dont go to EU website if you are in Europe)
    2) Click on "Sign up" on the right , this will log you in (either you log in manually or it will do it automaticly based on previous visits)
    3) After being logged in, click on the PS2 icon to go to the main page
    4) In the address bar, add "/download" (without quotes) to your URL ==> www.planetside2.com/download

Worked like a charm :)

Thanks for that but i got sorted earlier,Fenris kindly sent me a link to his dropbox where he had the launcher file.
    After that it was plain sailing.
    Just for the hell of it i tried what you suggest and it works but trying the link directly without following the tips above it doesnt work.
    Either way im sorted, thanks to the 4 people who sent me private messages trying to assist, much appreciated.

Now to try to remember how to play, its been years :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

To plagarise Gunmonkey (with apologies)

*check e-mail*

*see e-mail from Sony Online with the subject of "Planetside 2 beta message*

freddiej.jpg

"We've changed our address! etc."

youkiddingme.png

Ok ok .... don't panic ... stay calm. *scrolls down further*

"CONGRATULATIONS! You have been selected, etc."

freddiej.jpg

Installing as I breath into a brown paper bag

Wooo got email tonight, shall be playing this until saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Nemesis

I found out earlier today I had access to the Beta Forums so I found a link there for the PS launcher.exe and downloaded the Beta earlier today.

Just checked my mail and noticed I got mail too.

I still cant fly for **** though and miss my jackhammer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

If anyone is waiting on their invite (like myself), don't bother with live chat, just send an email to happytohelp@soe.sony.com

That's what I got from the live chat after waiting over an hour in the queue.

Anyone else have an issue with the download page? Basically nothing on it is clickable even the download button

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

VinLieger wrote: »
    Anyone else have an issue with the download page? Basically nothing on it is clickable even the download button

Read post #161

Venom wrote: »
    Read post #161

I did and still had the same problem, got a different link off the beta forums and am downloading now

Gave it a blast there and due to the current cpu bottleneck its pretty much unplayable for me

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Sure give me your beta access then and i'll make sure it gets the playtime it deserves :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

VinLieger wrote: »
    Gave it a blast there and due to the current cpu bottleneck its pretty much unplayable for me
    Gave me that final excuse to go order the new PC I've been tinkering to buy :P

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Got into this over the weekend. Great game. Can see good things coming out of this game for years to come ;P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

I signed up at Gamescom and I still haven't got an invite. I want to play again!

That trick that was posted earlier doesn't work anymore :(

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭longwhitecross+

I'm in game as whitecross if anyone wants to get together on mumble or whatever.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Sweet, i got into the beta. Didn't even realise i'd applied. Looking forward to giving this a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

yea I got an invite too - must be getting the last bunch of appliers - I didnt even do the h/w survey a few months back

website was bombed out when I went to download the client this morning before work though - might be an indication of the size of this invite group :P

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

I still havent gotten one :(

might just grab the alpha pack later today im sure the extra features will come in handy at some point. Is there any irish TS/Mumble set up for this game? any boardsies playing together?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Found my invite in my inbox when I checked today, should only hope to try it out soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

IgsTer wrote: »
    I still havent gotten one :(

might just grab the alpha pack later today im sure the extra features will come in handy at some point. Is there any irish TS/Mumble set up for this game? any boardsies playing together?

Just to clarify this Alpha pack thing - it's $39.99 and gives you Sony gold (or whatever) and beta access - but you'll still have to pay for the game? Or will the game itself be F2P?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

I stand to be corrected, but I believe it will be completely f2p - much the same way as tribes ascend. Dont need to buy a disc/key or anything

Advertisement