Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planetside 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

How do we know if we got it.

Got a code that did not return an expired or previously used error but not sure.

Under membership it says

PLANETSIDE 2 ACCOUNT : INACTIVE
    PlanetSide 2 Unlimited Play

Edit: Twitter is now broken for me, not sure if i got no code or 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

What the hell is all this? Veterans of original PS were promised beta codes, havent heard a thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Wossack

shame :(

not in the same camp as the vets, but signed up for a key ages ago, and no word yet either

great gameplay footage coming out of e3 though, loving it!

Just did a bit of a search apparently Vets are still a prority for beta access as well as fanfaire 2011 attendees and those with pc gamer codes from april. E3 keys arent gonna get priority :) just eventual access
    Also it should be starting soon, like in a few weeks and the open beta will start very soon after that with a launch deffinitely this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭oxo_

Varik wrote: »
    How do we know if we got it.

Got a code that did not return an expired or previously used error but not sure.

Under membership it says

PLANETSIDE 2 ACCOUNT : INACTIVE
    PlanetSide 2 Unlimited Play

Edit: Twitter is now broken for me, not sure if i got no code or 10.

No dude, afraid not. Mine says Active rather than inactive for PlanetSide 2.
    I messaged them via twitter this evening, saying I was a PS vet since 2004 (which I am) but that I just haven't subscribed to PS 1 in about 6 months or more. They sent me a beta key via DM a few minutes later saying "just to be on the safe side". Top guys :) happy chappy.

• Advertisement

Hello xxxxxx,
    Thank you for signing up for the PlanetSide 2 Beta game testing and redeeming your priority Beta access code! Once we begin allowing access into Beta, your priority code will award you some of the earliest access available.*
    Beta testing is a very important part of each and every game launch. As with any Beta, the more participants the better, and with the size and scope of PlanetSide 2, this aspect will be even more important. Thank you for your offer to help us make PlanetSide 2 amazing.
    When we are ready to begin allowing people into the PlanetSide 2 Beta, an email will be sent to this email address, and you will be asked to read and accept a Beta Testing Agreement. If your email address changes, be sure to update your Station Account with your new address to ensure that you receive any future emails about the Beta testing.
    Should you choose to participate in the Beta testing, everything associated with this game testing will be considered confidential information, and you may not discuss it with anyone except other players through the PlanetSide 2 Beta game testing forum only.
    Thanks,
    The PlanetSide 2 Development Team
    *If your account is suspended or banned when priority Beta access opens, you will not be allowed into Beta

^^ That's the email you get btw when you're given access, or rather, when you apply the key to your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

Any word on Beta, ive signed up hoping to get in. Im losing the will to live playing WoW, its draining my passion for online gaming:(.

Nothing yet, still in closed beta, friends and family type thing.
    Reckon loads will get in anyway, just DM them on twitter and you should get a beta key.

oxo_ wrote: »
    Nothing yet, still in closed beta, friends and family type thing.
    Reckon loads will get in anyway, just DM them on twitter and you should get a beta key.

Im sure it wont be to long anyway ;).

As for Twitter, im not really into following what some eejit had for breakfast. Dont see the attraction myself - different strokes for different blokes i suppose:p.

Im sure it wont be to long anyway ;).

As for Twitter, im not really into following what some eejit had for breakfast. Dont see the attraction myself - different strokes for different blokes i suppose:p.

I know, I'm the same. It's the only "social" media thing I use at all but even then I only ever use it for this type of stuff, or following football transfer rumours. About it really. One of the things I follow is a toilet which tweets when someone takes a crap :/

Anyway, it's @planetside2 if you do want to fire it up and ask them for a beta key.

• Advertisement

far too many tweets and still no key.

Send them a private Direct Message Varik, just say you're a PS1 vet, just not subscribed any more, but still haven't received a beta key and want to make sure you're in the beta.

Their twitter's probably gone nuts now though, reckon word has spread and they're overloaded maybe. I got a reply a few minutes after I DM'd them but I guess I might have just been lucky.

Send them a private Direct Message Varik, just say you're a PS1 vet, just not subscribed any more, but still haven't received a beta key and want to make sure you're in the beta.

Their twitter's probably gone nuts now though, reckon word has spread and they're overloaded maybe. I got a reply a few minutes after I DM'd them but I guess I might have just been lucky.

Dont do this, PS1 vets will be getting keys they have already stated this and they just havent gone out yet, there is no use clogging up the system

I know, I'm the same. It's the only "social" media thing I use at all but even then I only ever use it for this type of stuff, or following football transfer rumours. About it really. One of the things I follow is a toilet which tweets when someone takes a crap :/

Anyway, it's @planetside2 if you do want to fire it up and ask them for a beta key.

Im a PS1 vet, signed up a few months ago ;).

VinLieger wrote: »
    Dont do this, PS1 vets will be getting keys they have already stated this and they just havent gone out yet, there is no use clogging up the system

They weren't so sure when I and others asked, in regards whether you had to be currently subscribed to PS1 or just unsubscribed at the moment but a previous subscriber from years gone by (how many?).

So they sent me a beta key with "just to be on the safe side" as the message. No harm in asking and it worked. Couple lads from Holland at the time in the same boat got keys too, we were twittering/tweeting whatever the fk you call it, each other at the time. Some had already got a beta key as a PS1 vet, others like me, had not and they were currently subscribed, I wasn't.

Anyway, http://www.prosiebensat1games.com/index.10.html PS2 will be run by them now it seems, not sure whether that's a good thing or not. They're German so they're probably 99.999% professional and everything will run perfect - better than the bollocks SoE usually make of things I guess.

Are you sure you sent a DM, if they're not following you it give an error.

Nope, you're right, I was replying to one of their public beta key tweets and they said in reply to me that they're also giving them out via DM - it went on from there and they sent me the DM (from them to me) with the beta key.

I also sent DM's though but got no error message, presumed it was just some privacy setting maybe ? Then again, I hate all this wanky social media crap so it's probably me at fault.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Im looking at my old planetside game box here, pity they werent giving keys to those who bought the first game.

They are, apparently. At least that's the idea and they have continued to say the same on their twitter.
    You do need to make sure your SoE account is up to date in regards your password being correct and all that stuff, and of course that account being the one you had PS1 added too.

The only thing is, they said PS1 vets were getting beta access keys, it's just that very few actually have and PS2 still shows up as inactive for most people in their SoE account. When I was talking with them on twitter, myself and others were asking if we currently had to be subscribed to PS1 in order to get a PS2 beta key as a PS vet. They weren't exactly sure on that and there was no definitive answer, hence they were giving out keys via DM's on twitter to PS1 vets who made it known to them. Just so many asking now, you'd be lucky to get noticed.

Wait and see I guess, I'd hope all PS1 vets get keys as it's those people I'd like to be playing with and it's those people that will really test out the beta.

Also heard "rumours" that PS2 may be free to play (!!!). Other than the initial payment for the game itself, there'd be no monthly charges. That would be absolutely amazing if true, wait and see again how true that ends up being.

They are, apparently. At least that's the idea and they have continued to say the same on their twitter.
    You do need to make sure your SoE account is up to date in regards your password being correct and all that stuff, and of course that account being the one you had PS1 added too.

The only thing is, they said PS1 vets were getting beta access keys, it's just that very few actually have and PS2 still shows up as inactive for most people in their SoE account. When I was talking with them on twitter, myself and others were asking if we currently had to be subscribed to PS1 in order to get a PS2 beta key as a PS vet. They weren't exactly sure on that and there was no definitive answer, hence they were giving out keys via DM's on twitter to PS1 vets who made it known to them. Just so many asking now, you'd be lucky to get noticed.

Wait and see I guess, I'd hope all PS1 vets get keys as it's those people I'd like to be playing with and it's those people that will really test out the beta.

Also heard "rumours" that PS2 may be free to play (!!!). Other than the initial payment for the game itself, there'd be no monthly charges. That would be absolutely amazing if true, wait and see again how true that ends up being.

Theyve stated several times that PS1 vets will be getting priority keys whether they are currently subscribed or not http://www.planetside-universe.com/showthread.php?t=42217

Also it has been stated many times at this stage that the game is deffinitely going to be free to play and they are only going to charge for cosmetic upgrades

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

****e, cant find the email address I used for PS1...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

http://www.planetside2.com/news/june-2012-producers-letter-beta

Update on the beta, plus 30 days free PS access for all PS1 vets.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Still unclear on the beta being current PS1 subscribers or not but for 13 EUR a month I'll sign the dotted line to be on the safe side :pac:.

http://www.planetside2.com/news/june-2012-producers-letter-beta

Update on the beta, plus 30 days free PS access for all PS1 vets.

Just quoting that part so people don't miss it, free PS1 for a month and I guess this means your PS1 account is active then for the PS2 beta invites, assuming they go out in July also...
    Join PlanetSide Day!

Can’t wait for the launch of PlanetSide 2 Beta? Itching for some action? Pass the time and start honing your skills again in PlanetSide 1! The community is returning to Auraxis this Sunday, July 1st, in celebration of PlanetSide Day. In support of this monumental occasion, SOE is granting 30 days of free game time to every current subscriber and former PlanetSide player who had an active subscription! This grant will be processed by 11:59 PM PST June 27th, 2012, however as there are a large volume of accounts some may receive grants earlier than others.

So starting to get pretty pissed off with this, most if not all of my old PS1 buddies have got emails saying they have priority access, all ive got so far is an email asking for specs that leads to a page that is broken

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

so far is an email asking for specs that leads to a page that is broken

yeah, I got that as well :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Overview of classes, vehicles and some other features. I think this has overtaken GW2 as my most anticipated MMO. Looks absolutely fantastic.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I'm officially in love again; if they can pull off even half of the stuff shown so far I'll be signing up for a year on day 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

So starting to get pretty pissed off with this, most if not all of my old PS1 buddies have got emails saying they have priority access, all ive got so far is an email asking for specs that leads to a page that is broken

Just checked my account, flagged as having played PS back in the day but got nothing from them, not even a system specs e-mail. Checked my e-mail backlog and got a response about signing up for the Beta but no word on this 30 days or nothing, and have used my account recently as was playing DC Universe at launch and then when it went F2P.

Guess SoE just doesnt love me :(

• Advertisement

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Just checked my account, flagged as having played PS back in the day but got nothing from them, not even a system specs e-mail. Checked my e-mail backlog and got a response about signing up for the Beta but no word on this 30 days or nothing, and have used my account recently as was playing DC Universe at launch and then when it went F2P.

Guess SoE just doesnt love me :(
    Well I got no warning my free month had started but once I checked my subscription page it was listed as active again :)

Advertisement