Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

My Polish neighbour just dropped over Chalka bread for our breakfast ! My house smells like an east European bakery
    Yum !

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

That I’m perfectly happy in my own company and have no problem going on trips by myself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

My local cinema is reopening tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Went on our school tour today to a Pet Farm. The children were so excited!! It was so good to get out of the school and see something new. The children totally deserved it for what they've gone through in the last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭honeyjo

My nieces video called me yesterday. The eldest is going into Year 1 ( UK version of Senior Infants). She is getting a new teacher. Their current teacher made them an adorable booklet to help them with the change. It made me so happy

• Advertisement

Going to see the Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It at the cinema this evening. It will be the first time since before Christmas when I was there last.

The film was very good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I was at my local garden centre buying a plant as a gift for my neighbour. I got chatting to the manager, saying how helpful my neighbour had been, and I wanted to show my appreciation. He told me to wait, and came back with a lovely little plant for me. He said one act of kindness deserved another.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Visited a friend this evening (we've all been vaccinated now which is another TH) and both our "lockdown babies" got to play with each other. Mine is a year and hers is 20 months. The sheer awe and joy on their faces seeing another of their "kind". They spent ages just poking each other to see if they were real. And then spent the whole evening trundling around like two tellytubbies. It just warmed my heart because I've been so sad about her not seeing other babies!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I was watching one of those Canada or Alaska wilderness shows- this woman stops her snowmobile and sees a big flock of fat birds on the snow ahead. She was saying how these are the stupidest breed of bird in the world and you would have to be a moron not to bag one. She took out her rifle aimed, fired, and missed. They all flew off and she was left mucho ticked off.
    Ha ha, cram it, ma'am :p:p:p:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,167 ✭✭✭Archeron

Passed my Nct, yeay. Good start to the weekend.

The smell of roses in the garden and everything just bursting with life at the minute. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Archeron wrote: »
    Passed my Nct, yeay. Good start to the weekend.

It's always a relief. Those things are money spinners

• Registered Users Posts: 18,581 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

I'm sitting outside in my garden having a coffee.
    There's a wee spider doing laps of the circumference of the table, neither of us bothering the other.
    The birds are singing happily, safe in the knowledge that the cats are snoozing in their house.

I live for summer evenings outdoors.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭4Ad

Got to run not one but two road running races this weekend..
    And did ok (I didn't come last)

The smell of a vase full of freshly cut sweet pea

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭screamer

Walking barefoot on the warm patio.

screamer wrote: »
    Walking barefoot on the warm patio.

It's like we can pretend we are abroad in a warm country !!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,825 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    The smell of a vase full of freshly cut sweet pea

They were my Mams favourites, enjoy :)

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    They were my Mams favourites, enjoy :)

My Mams too she would close the doors at night if she had a vase of sweet pea to lock in tye smell for the morning ! We can remember them when we smell sweet pea .

• Advertisement

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    My Mams too she would close the doors at night if she had a vase of sweet pea to lock in tye smell for the morning ! We can remember them when we smell sweet pea .

Great memory to have..
    My dear Mothers smell was Woodbine..and I'd be going thats a cigarette...it wasn't, it was the name she had for Honeysuckle...
    Now it's in bloom it always reminds me of Mum !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Yes, my grandmother called honeysuckle, woodbine also. That has awakened long forgotten memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

A clean house :)

I love my hairdressers. They are a small run business with a lovely atmosphere and always full of chat and its not too expensive either.

I recommended my friend go there for her hair and she said while she was there, my hairdresser refers to me as 'my Olivia.' She only does it to differentiate between myself and another Olivia that works there. Anyway I still think it's endearing.

Also holidays!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,167 ✭✭✭Archeron

I fitted a bodhran over my washing bin, so now every time I'm on target with my balled up socks, I get rewarded with a surprisingly loud badong noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Bredabe

The look on the Gib returning officers face, as he announce the results of their ref yesterday and the cheers started!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I was over in the weather forum abd it said we will be getting some very hot days next week.
    I wasn't sure to put this in the haha thread or the boo hoo thread: It's great to get nice weather of course but if it gets really hot then it can just get hard to stand it.

Watching A Quiet Place Part II at the cinema this evening; i really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,957 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I was in a contributory pension fund years ago in a previous job, but forgot to keep track of it after I left. Turns it was worth a lot more than I remembered back then, and a lot more than that now, years later: getting the new statement was a really nice surprise. It will be a substantial boost to a new contributory pension fund I'm joining in my current job.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

90 minutes to the new season of Love Island!
    Yes I know it's tacky, cringey and totally fake bit it's also complete escapism and a break from all things in reality!

To thine own self be true

Advertisement