Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

At my gp surgery, the doctor is friendly and efficient, the receptionist kindness itself, and the nurse is great craic. After years of enduring a condescending pig of a doctor, a miserable cow on reception, and no practice nurse, it makes a wonderful change.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,553 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

I never thought I’d live to see the day when a song from Aphrodite’s Child’s 1972 album ‘666’ would be used in a car ad.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I was out for a drive this afternoon

Roast duck for dinner

• Registered Users Posts: 22,246 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Gorgeous weather and no work until Tuesday :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,178 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

opened a bottle of wine. First drink in nearly 18 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,835 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

A Jasmine scented candle from Dunne Stores , it's gorgeous.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,028 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

opened a bottle of wine. First drink in nearly 18 months.

I'm having a mojito. Drinking alone at home :D

To thine own self be true

I'm having a mojito. Drinking alone at home :D

a mojito sounds lovely. drinking on my lonesome as well

cheers-brian-roberts.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,028 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

a mojito sounds lovely. drinking on my lonesome as well

cheers-brian-roberts.jpg

Cheers yourself!
    I'm trialling out my new mint plant in my drink, that's my excuse.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement

Cheers yourself!
    I'm trialling out my new mint plant in my drink, that's my excuse.

Oh yeah "I'm doing it as a science experiment".

Nice day with my family.

Cake.

Gin.

Drunk after only a bottle of wine. I've become such a lightweight after 18 months off the booze. On the plus side I am listening to The Carpenters on YT. I can be such a maudlin fecker.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

TH sipping an Appletini and watching Dirty Dancing on Netflix. Fab!

The above wasn't true, I lost a bet with a Boardsie and they told me I had to say the above :pac:

TH sipping an Appletini and watching Dirty Dancing on Netflix. Fab!

live webcam footage of sephiroth_dude

tenor.gif

I'm all excited about getting me first jab tomorrow. I've been looking forward to it for a few days now but it's a bit like the night before Christmas tonight. I never thought I'd be so excited to see a little prick :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭4Ad

Drunk after only a bottle of wine. I've become such a lightweight after 18 months off the booze. On the plus side I am listening to The Carpenters on YT. I can be such a maudlin fecker.

Music and drink go hand in hand, if that's what you like put it on and turn it up !!

I'm having some red wine which is going down too well, listening to some good Indie guitar bands..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Two TH. Today, a crap morning turned into a happy afternoon. Second, getting my second Covid vaccination tomorrow. I'm all excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

I never thought I'd be so excited to see a little prick :D

:D

I'm having a little prick on Friday :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

You may have heard of the sting operation on all the crooks with 'secure' smartphones ? They only handed out five phones.

The rest of them were distributed through a pyramid scheme where each criminal got a percentage of the cost and fees from the ones they sold on. :D

• Advertisement

One has just gotten one's first jab.

No side effects apart from I now speak and wave my hand like the Queen. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,351 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I wish I were as excited as the rest of ye with regards to getting the vaccines.

I'm so bad with needles that even seeing, hearing or thinking about them makes me faint :o

I am probably in the last or second last cohort to get called but I actually think the waiting is making my anxiety worse just knowing what is to come down the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭dennyire

I wish I were as excited as the rest of ye with regards to getting the vaccines.

I'm so bad with needles that even seeing, hearing or thinking about them makes me faint :o

I am probably in the last or second last cohort to get called but I actually think the waiting is making my anxiety worse just knowing what is to come down the road.

Dont worry....iv had 2....wont even feel it

One of my sons is the same , I have to go with him if he needs bloods done , dentist etc .
    I explained when I was getting my first vaccination done that he has a massive phobia of needles , what would happen when it's time for him to get his .
    They said there's no issue with a person having someone with them in a situation like that , and they'll also bring you straight in , no waiting around .

Dunno if that helps in any way Shelley.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,351 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    One of my sons is the same , I have to go with him if he needs bloods done , dentist etc .
    I explained when I was getting my first vaccination done that he has a massive phobia of needles , what would happen when it's time for him to get his .
    They said there's no issue with a person having someone with them in a situation like that , and they'll also bring you straight in , no waiting around .

Dunno if that helps in any way Shelley.

Oh that's great Mam. I am exactly the same as your son. I always joke that I could never get a secret procedure done as I would have to bring someone with me :D

I would have to get my dad to come with me but I didn't think that he would be allowed in. I was expecting that he would have to wait in the car and depending on what center I get called to, it could be a long horrible trek if you are after fainting.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

seeing people sitting outside restaurants and bars yesterday enjoying the weather.

Reading a John Grisham novel at the moment - Sycamore Row

Oh that's great Mam. I am exactly the same as your son. I always joke that I could never get a secret procedure done as I would have to bring someone with me :D

I would have to get my dad to come with me but I didn't think that he would be allowed in. I was expecting that he would have to wait in the car and depending on what center I get called to, it could be a long horrible trek if you are after fainting.

Glad it eased your mind a little Shelley!
    They said just to say it to whoever is at the check in desk , they'll take it from there :)

Reaching the 10,000 mark on my number of posts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Archeron

I found a banana Swiss roll in the press that I had forgotten about, yeay.

Advertisement