Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Making up after a disagreement with my girlfriend

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,788 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Getting in the shower and it's the perfect temp. No adjustments needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,817 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I discovered a Bumblebees nest in the soil in the garden today !
    Amazed I was , fascinating sitting watching them going in and out , until one decided I was a Predator and proceeded to chase me out of the garden by circling around me giving out , buzz buzz :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Was made redundant from a bank job in March. I still don't have a finish date but I expect August. Until then I keep working

Got offered a new role in another bank to start mid September :)

Good luck to all you job seekers out there, fingers crossed for you

• Registered Users Posts: 21,817 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Renewing monthly phone bill for another six months for the cheap price of fifteen euro p/m , calls , texts data .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Got an email from the uni detailing when results are due, how next year should pan out time and attendance wise and the constant sneaky increase in fees.

As its a continuous assessment course, most people know what their scores are already, but I'm a bit shocked and th'ed that I was included in an email that said as you progress into your final year............................................................................

As its never ever been a given I would progress in any form of academic/learning, seeing this gave me a warm glow.

Th, businesses that have online cancellation facilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Went shopping for some last minute bits for hospital bag. Everyone was so nice, got chatting to the cashier in Tesco who also has "Irish twins" and another woman working in a different shop let me use her discount card to get a fiver off the baby clothes. I don't know if it's the bump or the teeny clothes but it seems to set off that "how long have you got now" conversation. Or maybe everyone is just happy with a little bit of normal.

I've always supported lockdown and we've done nearly everything online, but I just really enjoyed actually being in a shop, talking to normal people again. I think I missed that interaction and didn't even realise. Came home worn out but feeling almost elated. Don't think I'll ever take normal human interaction for granted again.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭honeyjo

I'm going to see my nieces next week, I haven't seen them in over a year.

A few months ago I posted off an application and portfolio(I know posting wtf) for a youngster I help sometimes.

Yesterday they got an advance offer on a place for the course they want. They are hysterical with happiness over it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

Car went past, husky with his head poking out the back window.

It's Friday and the weather is class. Beautiful. ☀️☀️😃

Sitting out the back drinking wine and listening to music with my beloved and I'm thinking.... wouldn't it be great if it was like this all the time? 😊

^^ that truly is a lovely post ☺️

I am happy I have eggs in because I'm going to make some seriously good fried eggs and fried bread tomorrow...I'm always on a mission to replicate my grannys version ...what I wouldn't do for her fried eggs now! Any have the soda bread in and all .. albeit not homemade ☺️

Not happy happy, but renewing my lapsed faith, happy.

Reading a thread on twitter ahead of the euro's final, where a comment had raised awareness of the increased incidences' of dv after games like this.

Reading what seemed like hundreds of women offering space in their homes for ppl fleeing dv. Given how the game went I would image they were well needed.

😢😥😥

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Went to the beach the other day.

And one of my sons isnt very fond of the water.So the other 2 held his hand and led him in.

They stayed beside him till he way more confident

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

I have a first date tomorrow. I haven’t been on a date in longer than I’d care to admit. I have those first date butterflies!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭smillingsam

Endless sunny days 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 22,220 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Sunshine ☀️ makes me happy 😊

I played football in that heat this evening and I didn't die! 😃

• Advertisement

The weekend has landed! 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Passing a bakery place today, an employee handing a huge tray of donuts to a Guard parked outside. Made me laugh! 👨‍🎓

That five degree drop from 29 to 24 makes such a difference. 🌡️🙌🙌

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Walked through the park earlier, coffee in hand, the grass had been recently cut, and there was a lovely breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Having sand on my toes for the first time in well over a decade. The refreshing zing of the cool Atlantic water lapping round my calfs.

My fav hotel in London is the same price as my fav hotel in Athlone for the same midweek time period.

I love when my pragmatism, calendar and love of travel blend together like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,069 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

When the evening cools down and you can sit out in pleasant warmth without sizzling !

Had a lovely takeaway this evening.

Also, I've become adept at eating chocolate mini rolls covertly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭honeyjo

I spent the weekend with my nieces :D

Advertisement