Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

painted small bathroom today that I had been putting off for months.

even with lockdowns, I still didn't have the motivation to do it.

took me only about an hour and a half to do it :rolleyes:

.....It's done so now so I'm happy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Not having a great day mentally. Combination of pregnancy hormones and various triggers of childhood trauma. Took the dog for a walk after work and didn't meet a single car, the sun was shining but there was also a lovely breeze, and that heavy blossom scent in the air that you only get at a particular time of evening. I bumped into an old friend and it was so nice to see her and just chat for a minute. She's so calming and a really lovely person. My dog was ecstatic to see her.

Sometimes you just meet someone at the right time and it's enough to keep your spirits high :)

Archeron wrote: »
    I found a banana Swiss roll in the press that I had forgotten about, yeay.

TH that banana Swiss rolls exist! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,828 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Making arrangements with my best friend to meet for coffee outdoors this week . Long overdue , we speak on the phone every week but haven't seen each other in person since the first lockdown last year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,824 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Turned up at the gym for my outdoors exercise class... to find that they / we can go indoors now which is great... the car park was in ribbons with potholes, loose stones and cracked tarmac.... not fun... this despite the clamor from one cohort who said they were enjoying the fresh air and preferred to stay outside...

• Advertisement

Went for an outdoor ice-cream and a lovely walk with fiancé, babba and the dog. It was so nice to actually go out and do something together as a family :) Although I feel a bit poisoned now from all the sugar :D

Went out for lunch today with the better half. It was great to be eating out again and the staff in this local business, who have had a really tough time of it this past year, still as courteous in a relaxed manner as ever.

So good to feel some normality again and admiration for these entrepreneurs who have tried to fight their way out of a very tough time for them ( even offering blankets if you find the outdoor dining too cool! ).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I took a bit of a risk recently, buying some slightly expensive wireless earbuds with active noise cancellation. (Not the Apple or Samsung ones, which are overpriced in my opinion.) I have not had good luck with cheaper earbuds before, but the new ones I got have exceeded my expectations so far, particularly when it comes to music sound quality.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

Opened a parcel from amazon this morning, a book I ordered. Anyway, there were 2 books in there. The 2nd book, which I didn't order at all, looks far better than the one I ordered. So that's getting a read over the weekend.
    Thank you oh wise and generous book fairy wherever you are :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

We took the dog out into the county for a walk last night, at the start of the walk is a fish restaurant which has recently reopened.
    Boy dog loves the fishy scents from here and he was ecstatic to have so many new smells to smell now they are cooking again.

You could see it in him how happy this made his walk.

All the extra smells made him very tired and he slept through the night which is unusual for him.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

There is a large cemetery near our office so I sometimes go there at lunch just to sit on a bench. It’s quiet and in the shade

A lady was cleaning a grave and watering flowers n’such

She came over to the tap near my bench to refill the watering can and started apologising if she was making noise and disturbing me. Of course the answer was no and she had nothing to apologize for! Anyway she had more reason to be there than me

Th’d at kindness and consideration from the lady here and it wasn’t needed at all

Faith in humanity restored :)

TH that I look forward to reading this particular thread

and it has never let me down!

Got my vaccine AND the nurse told me I have lovely hair. It seems so childish that a compliment made my day but I'll take it :D

A walk deep into the low tide today with the missus and our dog pal. Good for the soul :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Two th's in an academic vein,

One of the Kardashian has failed her law exams again, but she's not hiding it and being honest about how she feels and her future plans to go again. This I think is very important as we don't often hear the realities of failure and how to deal with it.

On a related note as someone who has failed a multitude of exams, got my final results last night, combined with the rest, comfortably into next year I go! :D:D:D:D:D

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,914 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Antares35 wrote: »
    TH that banana Swiss rolls exist! :)

On a related note,anyone know where one might buy an Arctic Roll?ive heard they’ve made a comeback but dunno where to go to get one….(sorry if veering off-topic)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,346 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

3D Puzzles.

I needed a hobby to keep me occupied as there is only so much reading and watching TV that one person can do, so I decided to give 3D puzzles a go and I absolutely love doing them. They are fairly addictive.

I have a gorgeous Queen Anne's Revenge (Blackbeard's infamous ship), The Flying Dutchman (of Pirates of the Caribbean fame) and the Notre Dame completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Archeron

jojofizzio wrote: »
    On a related note,anyone know where one might buy an Arctic Roll?ive heard they’ve made a comeback but dunno where to go to get one….(sorry if veering off-topic)

I'd give Iceland (the shop) a try, all freezer based stuff and they have a decent freezer dessert range, good chance I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,346 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Epica's Omega Alive live stream last night was well....... Epic!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Barbecue earlier on today with my parents, my sister and her hubby and their two kids

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Birthday celebrations today and a beautiful bbq :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Autosport wrote: »

3zsx9yt4

Happy Birthday Auto!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Happy birthday for yesterday :)

I'm having a productive day. Sorted out the Father's day stuff, did some writing for an anthology and bought myself lilies. Also got work done.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I've started to make my own little posies from summer wild flowers and display them in a vase in my house.
    Here's my current one. I just love wild roses.
    https://ibb.co/qFqc3Vb

To thine own self be true

Beautiful PM , you definitely have a flair for arranging them too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Beautiful PM , you definitely have a flair for arranging them too :)

They're beautiful, so simple and free but no flower arranging talents here ;)

To thine own self be true

They're beautiful, so simple and free but no flower arranging talents here ;)

I beg to differ , you certainly have a way of presenting them !

• Advertisement

Yeah they definitely look professional! My lilies are squashed into a vase

Advertisement