Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foxhunter Pub Closed by Revenue ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,903 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I used to live out that direction many moons ago. The Foxhunter had a great Jazz Session at lunchtime on Sundays, a great buffet grub set up and a nice atmosphere, IMO.

The outside area is immense and on a good day was very pleasant to sit outside at the back. A kids playground in view of the adults was an added bonus. Then plenty of parking to the right of the site.

I do hope that whatever ends up there is a nice set up. We shall see.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

emo72 wrote: »
    Seems to be going full pelt down there. I seen the wowburger van. It's that what it is? A burger place? Or is there a bar as well?

Its currently a delivery kitchen only; the bar licence wasn't renewed as of last months register update (there'll be a new one some time this week or early next week).

The windows that have gone in look rather cheap and cheerful which is a little concerning for the fitout - Press Up usually go high end.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,898 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Got takeaway from Wowburger last night. Pretty decent burgers!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

unkel wrote: »

E&C was good also. Got wings and ribs

• Registered Users Posts: 9,445 ✭✭✭Heroditas

We did the same last Saturday. Ordered on Friday night for Saturday evening but the order appeared to have been lost in the system as it wasn't ready when I got there.
    I could see why because they were flat out with deliveries for Just Eat and also people collecting. Roaring trade.
    Very happy with the food. Tasty and hot and I'd go there again rather than McDonalds for stuff like that.

Saw elsewhere that E&C, Wow Burger and also a Dollar & Co are going into the site? I guess it's big enough to accommodate all 3, particularly if Wow are just doing takeaway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,898 ✭✭✭✭unkel

We got a large portion of the wings from E&C a few days before the burgers. They were decent too and also decent value for money. Not perfect though, the additional sauce had not enough real butter in it and its acidity was too high (not boiled off long enough). Apologies but I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to Buffalo wings :D

We got a large portion of the wings from E&C a few days before the burgers. They were decent too and also decent value for money. Not perfect though, the additional sauce had not enough real butter in it and its acidity was too high (not boiled off long enough). Apologies but I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to Buffalo wings :D

Avenue in Maynooth does the best wings. E&C are good but I didnt pure the sauce over them, just dipped them in.

Hudson room which does takeway from Palmerstown aren't bad either.

Avenue in Maynooth does the best wings. E&C are good but I didnt pure the sauce over them, just dipped them in.

Hudson room which does takeway from Palmerstown aren't bad either.

+1 on the Avenue wings.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭leinster93

Interesting planning application for a 20 story building at the Foxhunter with an through road application to go through the Hermitage estate at the rear...
    http://www.sdublincoco.ie/Planning/Details?p=1&r=SD20A%2F0259&regref=SD20A%2F0259

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

There'll be war over that.

Applicant is, unsurprisingly, a Press Up Group associated company.

• Advertisement

From having a quick look at the proposed development, it breaches quite a number of regulations. Can't see the original proposal being allowed anyway.

I'd say the idea is put in for 20 storey and settle on 10 which is nuts all the same. The making of an acces point into an existing estate will no doubt cause war to an established estate which probably already has its difficulties on exiting the estate...

Heroditas wrote: »
    From having a quick look at the proposed development, it breaches quite a number of regulations. Can't see the original proposal being allowed anyway.

What regs would be breached?

L1011 wrote: »
    There'll be war over that.

Applicant is, unsurprisingly, a Press Up Group associated company.

Back the road in Palmerstown on the Vincent Byrne site planning has been granted for a truly humungous build to rent apartment development. I know the site and the access and egress will be terrible at that junction.

So I wouldn't hold my breath about planning being ditched for the Foxhunter.

leinster93 wrote: »
    I'd say the idea is put in for 20 storey and settle on 10 which is nuts all the same. The making of an acces point into an existing estate will no doubt cause war to an established estate which probably already has its difficulties on exiting the estate...

I'd say they'd be happy to get everything else bar the 20 storey. 10 is still ridiculous given the rest of the buildings in the area. Just can't see it being allowed.

Back the road in Palmerstown on the Vincent Byrne site planning has been granted for a truly humungous build to rent apartment development. I know the site and the access and egress will be terrible at that junction.

So I wouldn't hold my breath about planning being ditched for the Foxhunter.
    Can the planning be appealed with An Botd Planala?

What regs would be breached?

Overlooking nearby properties.
    Out of proportion with the whole area
    Another simple one is inadequate car parking available, given the number of apartments. A certain number of parking spots must be provided, depending on the zone the development is in.
    Any planning engineer or architect worth their salt will be able to lodge a complaint that will shoot it down easily enough. They they'll revise and resubmit.
    However, if nobody objects, then it'll be approved.

Look at it this way - its taller than Liberty Hall. Imagine Liberty Hall sitting in that car park :D

Thanks, Liberty Hall puts it in perspective.

Can the planning be appealed with An Botd Planala?

Appealed to ABP and can go ahead.

Heroditas wrote: »
    Overlooking nearby properties.
    Out of proportion with the whole area
    Another simple one is inadequate car parking available, given the number of apartments. A certain number of parking spots must be provided, depending on the zone the development is in.
    Any planning engineer or architect worth their salt will be able to lodge a complaint that will shoot it down easily enough. They they'll revise and resubmit.
    However, if nobody objects, then it'll be approved.

Look at it this way - its taller than Liberty Hall. Imagine Liberty Hall sitting in that car park :D

Overlooking and "out of proportion" are not regulations, as such.

Parking wise, this would be a "intermediate urban location" on a high-density public transport route and hence not have parking requirements. This is why there's such a high bike parking provision.

This isn't Oakmounts first rodeo, basically.

• Advertisement

L1011 wrote: »
    Overlooking and "out of proportion" are not regulations, as such.

Parking wise, this would be a "intermediate urban location" on a high-density public transport route and hence not have parking requirements. This is why there's such a high bike parking provision.

This isn't Oakmounts first rodeo, basically.

Thanks for that. I wasn't too sure about some of them and thought there was a set ratio of parking spots for the site. I'd been basing it on the objection lodged against the development of Hill House in Lucan.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

Permission refused...

538963.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭grounderfill

Over 130 objections and 4.5K euro gofundme collected for professional services that may be required to the extent of an appeal with an bord planala...

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Fade Into You

I think the problem is that it is being reported that the pub is closed, and that the owner is not a publican. It is not the pub owner, it is the owner.

The owner is a public figure, and the owner can only be paid for the service.
    The pub owner is an individual.
    If the owner does not have the necessary service, then they are not a pub owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

I think the problem is that it is being reported that the pub is closed, and that the owner is not a publican. It is not the pub owner, it is the owner.

If the owner does not have the necessary service, then they are not a pub owner.

What ?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭grounderfill

The problem is that the site is not suitable for the purpose being sought under the planning submission. The problem is that the site is not a residential zone and the owner is seeking to change what the site is designated for only to suit his own personal interests, i.e. to maximise profits irrespective of whether the surrounding area is able to or not able to absorb such plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,760 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Anyone know what the latest on this place is? I drove past today and see it now has a new sign on the front back with the original name The Foxhunter.

DopeTech wrote: »
    Anyone know what the latest on this place is? I drove past today and see it now has a new sign on the front back with the original name The Foxhunter.

It's a restaurant

Doesn't seem to have been much progress made in the last few months but that's based on me driving by and only having a quick glimpse from time to time

• Advertisement

Neons back on again last night, still broken! (The "fox" bit wasn't on)

Advertisement