Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2021 General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Cloudy morning again in Galway but not in an unpleasant way with the cloud layer more of the mid level type.

zRGjite.png

Not cold, not overly warm, just perfect temps.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭esposito

Pleasantly surprised with today so far. Bright and dry in Dublin.

Hopefully July will be similar to June.

Suns out in Arklow
    Lovely day
    No rain last night or today
    Poor forecasting

• Registered Users Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭appledrop

Another beautiful day in Dublin 5. Fab run of weather. This summer has already exceeded last and it’s only 3 weeks in :-)

Yep amazing and today was meant to he the rainy day.

Beautifuly yet again here in NCD.

I'm glad I watered the flowers last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Not great in cork, overcast, had one shower.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭pad199207

Beautiful in Kildare today with nice strong sunshine. Tad windy

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

a decent day here in Meath but not the unbroken sunshine of yesterday. We're nearly one third of the way through Summer 2021 and I am happy with the summer so far. This summer would be even better if we could have at least one week of a classic 2013/2018 heatwave at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Not great in cork, overcast, had one shower.

Very mild tho, not the worst really.

Sun report from Galway:

12.57pm - Sun (filtered through high white cloud) came out and lasted 1 minute and 15 seconds.

1.34pm. Sun came out again. Very strong and unfiltered. A shock to the system and lasted just over 4 minutes.

Since then.. no sun.

Not to worry, sitting out the back (actually very warm out there) and watching these nice clouds like these float overhead is every bit as pleasing to the senses.

X3xgwrQ.png

In fact, I actually picked up a bit of a cloud tan today. So good going.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 17,681 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Another cracking day in Kildare, roasting, barely a cloud in the sky.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

It has now been 3 weeks since we have had a cloudless sunny day in Castlebar, it was the last time the temperature went over 20C as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,855 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Wall to wall cloud in Cobh, very muggy too.

But much better than the forecast suggested.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,841 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Totally clear blue skies in Dublin since a couple of hours ago. Have come inside as I've taken too much sun for now. Wasn't expecting this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,871 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Totally clear blue skies in Dublin since a couple of hours ago. Have come inside as I've taken too much sun for now. Wasn't expecting this.

I'm the same here in Dublin. Was working n the garden as I thought it was supposed to be a little cooler and cloudier today but had to come in out of the sun. My legs got a bit of a burnng...really nice day again...

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

Come down and do my garden lads it’s cloudy damp and overcast!

Ed a couple of lovely days during the week Thursday and Friday. Yesterday wasn’t to bad either and at least it’s mild.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

a peach of a day here in Meath, not a cloud in the sky and strong sunshine, feeling warm too temperature 18C.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭snowgal

Yes stunning here near Trim, one of the best days this year for me...

Mount Dillon currently 21C, the warmest temperature currently throughout Ireland and the UK combined.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭The HorsesMouth

Best day of the last two weeks here in midlands...feeling hot even though temp is only reading 18c!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

The month that keeps on giving. Stunning afternoon here again. I can't remember the last day we had rain here*.

* I'm playing my first game of golf in a long time next Saturday, so it's probably pretty certain that it will be raining then...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭Sammy2012

Anyone have any idea what the weather will be like for the week after next. I know they can't forecast the weather one day in advance at the moment but any ideas!

Sammy2012 wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea what the weather will be like for the week after next. I know they can't forecast the weather one day in advance at the moment but any ideas!

at the moment it's very uncertain. Next 3 days look decent but there is still the chance of a diving dartboard low sinking south over Ireland from Thursday to Saturday which could deliver rather cool and wet conditions. If this low dives south down the eastern part of the UK then we may have a continuation of dryer and warm conditions. The following week could end up chilly with a direct northerly or we could be under the azores high with temperatures into the low twenties. Perhaps by Thursday we will have a better idea how next weekend and beyond will fair out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

I wouldn't be surprised if somewhere records an air frost on Monday night. Tomorrow the summer solstice as well.

Monday night: A chilly night for June and dry with largely clear skies. Lowest temperatures of 2 to 6 degrees in a light northerly breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,365 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Gonzo wrote: »
    Mount Dillon currently 21C, the warmest temperature currently throughout Ireland and the UK combined.

I'm in Roscommon today
    Glorious sunshine and heat

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Just had another shower in cork city. One of the worst evenings here in the last week or two. No blue sky today :(

A dull, overcast and breezy evening in Galway. This summer is turning out to be just a repeat of last summer, where the west was constantly dull and the east basked in near constant sunshine.

Latest satellite says it all.

MNbiC3W.png

New Moon

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    A dull, overcast and breezy evening in Galway. This summer is turning out to be just a repeat of last summer, where the west was constantly dull and the east basked in near constant sunshine.

Latest satellite says it all.

MNbiC3W.png

your definitely thinking of the wrong summer. Last summer was rubbish throughout Ireland from 2nd week of June to the final days of August. Last summer has been discussed many times just how bad it was. The worst thing about last summer wasn't the cool temperatures or the many rainy days but the overall complete lack of sunshine. The only placed baked in near constant sunshine was southern and south-eastern England.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭Sammy2012

Gonzo wrote: »
    at the moment it's very uncertain. Next 3 days look decent but there is still the chance of a diving dartboard low sinking south over Ireland from Thursday to Saturday which could deliver rather cool and wet conditions. If this low dives south down the eastern part of the UK then we may have a continuation of dryer and warm conditions. The following week could end up chilly with a direct northerly or we could be under the azores high with temperatures into the low twenties. Perhaps by Thursday we will have a better idea how next weekend and beyond will fair out.

Thank you. We're supposed to be going on our staycation to Kerry on Sat so hoping for some sort of decent weather! Will keep an eye on things over the next few days!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

So when do we expect hose pipe ban to be announced. I’d say another week or two.

• Advertisement

Sammy2012 wrote: »
    Thank you. We're supposed to be going on our staycation to Kerry on Sat so hoping for some sort of decent weather! Will keep an eye on things over the next few days!

You better start praying that todays UKMO and GEM verifys because if it does you will be very happy and so will everyone else in Ireland.

UKMOPEU12_144_1.png

GEMOPUK12_216_5.png

The ECM and GFS drop that dartboard low right over Ireland for next weekend and early next week so those aren't looking particularly nice.

Advertisement