Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone still waiting for stuff from China?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

radiospan wrote: »
    14 May 2021 The item is on transport to the country of destination POSTNL - NETHERLANDS POST
    10 May 2021 The item is at the PostNL sorting center POSTNL - NETHERLANDS POST
    10 May 2021 Consignment received at the PostNL Acceptance Centre POSTNL - NETHERLANDS POST
    08 May 2021 The shipment is handed over in bulk, final acceptance of goods to be confirmed POSTNL - NETHERLANDS POST
    06 May 2021 Linehaul Arrival Liege, Belgium CAINIAO
    04 May 2021 Hand over to airline CAINIAO
    04 May 2021 The item is ready for shipment POSTNL - NETHERLANDS POST
    04 May 2021 The item is pre-advised to PostNL POSTNL - NETHERLANDS POST
    02 May 2021 Export clearance success CAINIAO
    01 May 2021 Received by line-haul CAINIAO
    30 Apr 2021 Outbound in sorting center CAINIAO
    30 Apr 2021 Inbound in sorting center CAINIAO
    30 Apr 2021 Accepted by carrier CAINIAO

Received today, 24th May. Just over 3 weeks delivery time.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Cookiee

Received today, 24th May. Just over 3 weeks delivery time.

Wow yours spent no time at all in liege, mine is still in liege 😭

Cookiee wrote: »
    Wow yours spent no time at all in liege, mine is still in liege ��

Have you checked on parcelsapp.com for tracking?
    When I used the aliexpress tracking links, there was no update after Liege for a long time, but I could see progress on the parcelsapp.com page.

I think it still spent over a week from the 6th until the 14th knocking about different parts of the chain in Liege. I don't think these packages ever go to Holland, they go from AliExpress' mail handler to PostNL in Liege.

Have you checked on parcelsapp.com for tracking?
    When I used the aliexpress tracking links, there was no update after Liege for a long time, but I could see progress on the parcelsapp.com page.

I think it still spent over a week from the 6th until the 14th knocking about different parts of the chain in Liege. I don't think these packages ever go to Holland, they go from AliExpress' mail handler to PostNL in Liege.

Thanks I just checked there now and it has a new update from this morning from post NL: the shipment is handed over in bulk final acceptance of goods to be confirmed

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Bioflowtanks

I ordered an item from Joom which I thought would be sent from Latvia, but it was sent from China. I made the order on 29th April 2021 and it arrived to me in Dublin on 18th May 2021. The item cost €33.30 and I didn’t have to pay any extra duty. The tracking information on Zoom can take a few days to get updated. The website yuntrack.com was getting earlier updates and closer to the delivery the tracking information was on Fastway’s website. (HBC/ Hawkes Bay Couriers)

Tracking number: AN100050****
    Shipped date: April 30
    Delivery date: 05/14 - 05/27

05/18
    12:29 PM
    Dublin
    your item has been delivered in accordance with our current pandemic delivery protocols.
    05/18
    9:59 AM
    Dublin
    your parcel is on the way! our courier loaded it onto their van.
    05/17
    9:27 AM
    Dublin
    your parcel has been received into your local depot and schedule for delivery.
    05/16
    11:38 AM
    HBC
    we've received your parcel in our central distribution hub. it will be with you in 1-2 working days
    05/14
    4:30 PM
    Package transferred to shipping service
    05/14
    3:54 PM
    Departed from Facility.
    05/14
    1:57 PM
    Arrived at Sort Facility.
    05/12
    2:28 PM
    Departed from Facility.
    05/10
    5:32 PM
    Customs clearance completed
    05/10
    12:40 PM
    Arrived at Sort Facility.
    05/08
    3:09 PM
    Arrived at AIRPORT of Destination
    05/04
    10:54 PM
    International flight has departed AIRPORT
    05/03
    11:45 PM
    Parcel scheduled for international flight |
    05/03
    2:45 PM
    Shenzhen
    Package has left the YUNExpress sorting centre
    05/03
    9:10 AM
    Shenzhen
    Departed SHENZHEN warehouse
    05/03
    8:16 AM
    Shenzhen
    Arrived at YUNExpress sorting center - SHENZHEN
    05/01
    1:07 PM
    Shenzhen
    The package will be handed over to the shipper soon
    05/01
    4:01 AM
    Shenzhen
    Package departed Joom Logistics sorting centre
    04/30
    3:36 PM
    Shenzhen
    Parcel accepted at the Joom Logistics sorting centre in Shenzhen
    04/30
    3:36 PM
    Your package was sent
    04/29
    1:37 PM
    Package awaiting shipment
    The seller assembles the package and will send it from the warehouse soon

• Advertisement

My current package, arrived in liege today, will be interested to see how long it sits there for, my last package was there 10 days.

18 May 2021
    07:30
    Linehaul Arrival
    Liege, Belgium
    17 May 2021
    07:43
    The item is ready for shipment POSTNL
    17 May 2021
    06:43
    The item is pre-advised to PostNL POSTNL
    16 May 2021
    14:00
    Hand over to airline
    13 May 2021
    01:32
    Received by line-haul
    12 May 2021
    12:32
    Outbound in sorting center
    12 May 2021
    01:52
    Inbound in sorting center
    11 May 2021
    12:45
    Accepted by carrier

Package spent 6 days in liege, now it's at a postNL sorting centre

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭ShayNanigan

Have five items in various stages of shipment. I'm a bit anxious to see if all of them will arrive before July 1st... I'm itching to order more stuff from Aliexpress but the stupid new EU regulations are stopping me. It really makes no sense to me that you're supposed to only buy within the EU. If you can't find it here, why would you have to pay an arm and a leg to import it? It feels like a certain other union ages ago (for several reasons).

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭styron

Have five items in various stages of shipment. I'm a bit anxious to see if all of them will arrive before July 1st... I'm itching to order more stuff from Aliexpress but the stupid new EU regulations are stopping me. It really makes no sense to me that you're supposed to only buy within the EU. If you can't find it here, why would you have to pay an arm and a leg to import it? It feels like a certain other union ages ago (for several reasons).

Relax (a bit) - even if strictly applied they (or my 9 orders awaiting delivery) just have to land within the EU by July 1st, Liege Rotterdam or wherever - not your own front door.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Sono

Currently waiting on 3 packages, 2 gone through NL post it seems, do An Post update when they get these packages or is it a case of they land when they land at your door?

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Mr321

Havnt ever bought from wish or Ali express so can't comment but anything I've bought on eBay from China and Honf Kong has arrived within 3 weeks bar 1 item last April didn't arrive after 3 months so contacted seller and got refund. Item arrives 2 weeks later 🙈

• Advertisement

Sono wrote: »
    Currently waiting on 3 packages, 2 gone through NL post it seems, do An Post update when they get these packages or is it a case of they land when they land at your door?

If it's through post NL it is tracked so it gets updated on an posts tracking once they have (in my experience)

If it's through post NL it is tracked so it gets updated on an posts tracking once they have (in my experience)

Thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

Am I right in saying that on the PostNL tracking that "last mile carrier" is An Post?

If so, does that mean An Post has this package since 26-05-2021?

http://prntscr.com/13vcl8e

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭tDw6u1bj

Am I right in saying that on the PostNL tracking that "last mile carrier" is An Post?

Afaik that means that it's sitting in a container in Belgium waiting to be sorted

My package from china, posted with post NL is currently this status:

The item is on transport to the country of destination

It's been like this for 6 days now, should it take that long? Usually it would say it's arrived in Ireland by now but when I track it it's still on transport apprently (it's already been to liege and to the post NL sorting centre)

It seems when it says "last mile" it means it's handed over from Aliexpress / Cainiao shipping company to PostNL company. This happens in Belgium. It can be two weeks after that happens before it gets delivered in Ireland.

My package from china, posted with post NL is currently this status:

The item is on transport to the country of destination

It's been like this for 6 days now, should it take that long? Usually it would say it's arrived in Ireland by now but when I track it it's still on transport apprently (it's already been to liege and to the post NL sorting centre)

It has arrived today! Here is my full tracking history, it didn't update online on the tracking that's it's been delivered because I only just got it:
    Jun 2021
    Your post is out for delivery IRELAND POST
    09 Jun 2021
    00:37
    We have your post and are getting it ready for delivery IRELAND POST
    08 Jun 2021
    17:18
    Your delivery has been sorted
    DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12
    IRELAND POST
    08 Jun 2021
    15:17
    We have your post in
    IRELAND POST
    08 Jun 2021
    15:16
    The item has been processed in the country of destination POSTNL - NETHERLANDS POST
    08 Jun 2021
    Your delivery was received by An Post in
    IRELAND POST
    08 Jun 2021
    12:43
    The consignment has arrived in the country of destination
    Ireland
    CAINIAO
    08 Jun 2021
    The item has arrived in the country of destination
    Ireland
    POSTNL - NETHERLANDS POST
    31 May 2021
    10:07
    The item is on transport to the country of destination POSTNL - NETHERLANDS POST
    26 May 2021
    09:37
    The item is at the PostNL sorting center POSTNL - NETHERLANDS POST
    26 May 2021
    06:15
    Consignment received at the PostNL Acceptance Centre POSTNL - NETHERLANDS POST
    25 May 2021
    06:47
    The shipment is handed over in bulk, final acceptance of goods to be confirmed POSTNL - NETHERLANDS POST
    25 May 2021
    05:47
    Item received at OE in the destination country:The shipment is handed over in bulk, final acceptance of goods to be confirmed CAINIAO
    18 May 2021
    Linehaul Arrival
    Liege, Belgium
    CAINIAO
    17 May 2021
    07:43
    The item is ready for shipment POSTNL - NETHERLANDS POST
    17 May 2021
    06:43
    The item is pre-advised to PostNL POSTNL - NETHERLANDS POST
    16 May 2021
    14:00
    Hand over to airline CAINIAO
    13 May 2021
    01:32
    Received by line-haul CAINIAO
    12 May 2021
    12:32
    Outbound in sorting center CAINIAO
    12 May 2021
    01:52
    Inbound in sorting center CAINIAO
    11 May 2021
    12:45
    Accepted by carrier

It has arrived today! Here is my full tracking history, it didn't update online on the tracking that's it's been delivered because I only just got it:
    Jun 2021
    Your post is out for delivery IRELAND POST
    09 Jun 2021
    00:37
    We have your post and are getting it ready for delivery IRELAND POST
    08 Jun 2021
    17:18
    Your delivery has been sorted
    IRELAND POST
    08 Jun 2021
    15:17
    We have your post in
    IRELAND POST
    08 Jun 2021
    The item has been processed in the country of destination POSTNL - NETHERLANDS POST
    08 Jun 2021
    Your delivery was received by An Post in
    IRELAND POST
    08 Jun 2021
    The consignment has arrived in the country of destination
    Ireland
    CAINIAO
    08 Jun 2021
    The item has arrived in the country of destination
    Ireland
    POSTNL - NETHERLANDS POST
    31 May 2021
    10:07
    The item is on transport to the country of destination POSTNL - NETHERLANDS POST

Mine left Netherlands 31st of May. Still no update... It's usually taken about six to seven days to get to Ireland, now it's been nine days and counting... I have another one that left yesterday, wonder how long that will take (plus two still in sorting in NL)...

Mine left Netherlands 31st of May. Still no update... It's usually taken about six to seven days to get to Ireland, now it's been nine days and counting... I have another one that left yesterday, wonder how long that will take (plus two still in sorting in NL)...

Could be soon if it's like mine, as you can see mine left on 31st too and an post got it on the 8th!

Could be soon if it's like mine, as you can see mine left on 31st too and an post got it on the 8th!

I suspect there might be a bit of a delay because of the Bank Holiday and the systems aren't updating. I'm refreshing Parcels app like mad but seems like even the PostNL website is getting updates faster. Let's hope it's soon, can't wait!

• Advertisement

My parcel that left the Netherlands on 31st of May is here! Looks like it takes somewhere between 6 to 10 days to get here from NL.

One of my items has landed in Linehaul Belgium, looks like another couple of weeks before I see this package.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

This...

https://prnt.sc/13vcl8e

... is still in the same place since 26/5/21.

Ordered 12/5/21. Shipped 13/5/21 with the promise of 7-14 days :)

Nothing seems to be moving anywhere today... I've got one that was supposedly a faster delivery (from experience) since the seller uses Yanwen. Based on past experience it is a lot faster since it skips Belgium and Netherlands and flies straight to Ireland but the status has remained as "Port of destination - arrival" for two days now. Maybe it's stuck in customs, I don't know. The rest are still between Netherlands and Ireland, don't expect to see them before next Wednesday at least since they left NL on Wednesday.

There's just one question to think about when all of these have arrived. What now? The long delivery times have been a pain but getting stuff at low prices has made up for it. Not too many sellers on Aliexpress have chosen to ship from European locations yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭tDw6u1bj

If it makes delivery .0001 cent cheaper and doesn't put it over the delivery window then they'll happily leave it sitting in a container for a month.

Delivery on this stuff is crazy cheap, they price you pay is that it arrives when it arrives.
    Best not to over-think what journey its taking.

I had forgotten how frustrating it was ordering stuff from China, better off forgetting about the orders as checking the tracking is brutal

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭eirman

When you get an email from Ali saying the item is "in your country"
    that is never ever true (in my experience).

It is in fact in Holland (or Lithuania).
    From then it will reside in a container for a week two (or three!).
    Then it takes about a week to get into the AnPost tracking system.
    Then a day to deliver to you.

What a fiasco!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,659 ✭✭✭✭zell12

26/05 Ordered from Aliexpress
    28/05 Shipped from Solomon Islands
    11/06 Arrived Ireland
    21/06 Delivered

• Registered Users Posts: 40,209 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Received something today that I ordered from Aliexpress on June 5th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Glaceon

I ordered from AliExpress on 22nd June. While I expect it could take a month from previous experience, the tracking has me a bit concerned. AliExpress just says that delivery is delayed, with the last entry being “Dispatched from sorting centre” on 23rd June. But Aftership shows an entry from 1st July stating “Hand over to airline failure” followed by some Chinese characters that translate to “Magnetic: Electric Motor”. The device does have a vacuum pump so I’m guessing that the magnets are a problem by air. I wonder what they’ll do now. Return to sender or ship by sea? I’ll have to give it a bit more time and see if there’s any update.

Advertisement