Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo to end €9.99 per month for life offer [Now €12.99]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

I hear people are having awful problems with them

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

May have been covered previously,but has anyone exceeded the 80gb per month data allowance..If so,were you billed extra or did they slow down the speed?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

Have they sorted out the issue with receiving calls from Vodafone customers?

A lot of people on the Vodafone network can not ring people on Gomo.
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Have they sorted out the issue with receiving calls from Vodafone customers?

A lot of people on the Vodafone network can not ring people on Gomo.
    :(

Tried it there no issues both ways never noticed or heard of an issue before I read the post here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Frank_1969 wrote: »
    May have been covered previously,but has anyone exceeded the 80gb per month data allowance..If so,were you billed extra or did they slow down the speed?
    Thanks
    Limits will be enforced and data will be reduced to an effectively unusable speed. Limit is very generous anyways, so only those misusing the service will potentially go over it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

Got two calls yesterday from mobiles to my Vodafone that showed up as +353 1 59.....

Gomo?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Signed up and ordered tuesday morning, had the sim card delivered at 2pm yesterday afternoon and ported over from virgin mobile at 5:45.. (had requested 5:05 but slight delay not a big deal)

Overall happy with service poor 4g in house but have wifi here to compensate for that..

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭aristotle25

Signed up myself, wife and my two parents saving us all over €80 per month in total.

Overall it is working great. A few issues getting one of them ported over from Three but eventually got that to happen. And a few small issues with my iPhone initially where facetime\imessage wouldnt work but got that sorted too.

I know GoMo support is email\message only but it has worked ok for me, I find they are as helpful as any other crowd, be it broadband, electricty, gas or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Call back scam

Well, it was taxi driver, I got in to his car 2 mins later

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Got two calls yesterday from mobiles to my Vodafone that showed up as +353 1 59.....

Gomo?

Probably the driver calling through the Free Now App or similar taxi booking app which may be routed from a standalone number so as not to give out his personal number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭micks_address

ordered sims Tuesday, arrived today. Will try porting tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Before porting:
    1. Compare the phone number of the SIM card received with the number on your GoMo online account.

2. Satisfy yourself that the GoMo signal strength meets your requirements.

Gooser14 wrote: »
    Before porting:
    1. Compare the phone number of the SIM card received with the number on your GoMo online account.

2. Satisfy yourself that the GoMo signal strength meets your requirements.

Cheers should be ok as porting from eir Sims re reception

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

I ordered Tuesday aswell and got the SIMs this morning. I have already ported one of the SIMs from eir without a problem.

I just did a speed test of the 4G connection and I'm getting 43.0 Mbps down, 12.8 Mbps up which is pretty much the same as I was getting in previous tests I have run from my location :)

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭dos30

I'm currently in contract with tesco mobile for my phone.
    Could I order a sim and use it in another device and then when my contract expires in October port my number to the gomo sim?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,394 ✭✭✭✭kippy

dos30 wrote: »
    Could I order a sim and use it in another device and then when my contract expires in October port my number to the gomo sim?

Yes. But:
    1. You would be paying 9.99 per month until then for that service (the GoMo) number.
    2. The "other device" would need to be network unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

How do you guys set up your voicemail for GoMo? My phone keeps alerting me that I don't have voicemail set up. I ported my number to GoMo.

Tried to port one number there. We have three numbers on same eir account. So I'd pick post pay multi line registered?

Tried single line and it failed to port.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Morini

kaji wrote: »
    How do you guys set up your voicemail for GoMo? My phone keeps alerting me that I don't have voicemail set up. I ported my number to GoMo.

Dial 171.

dos30 wrote: »

yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Lads, is there anyway to bar premium texts on gomo like you could on eir?

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭somebody_else

acalmenvoy wrote: »
    Lads, is there anyway to bar premium texts on gomo like you could on eir?

You need to go to chat to do so.
    I did it for my kids and wife.

Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 12,105 ✭✭✭✭blade1

If I put a gomo sim in my Eir hotshot will it show the usage like it does with the Eir SIM?

kaji wrote: »

The first time I called 171 (pressed the voicemail button on iPhone) it prompted me to set it up.

Tried to port one number there. We have three numbers on same eir account. So I'd pick post pay multi line registered?

Tried single line and it failed to port.

Post pay multi line is correct.
    It can take longer on multi lines.

I done 3 this week on single lines and all ported within 5 mins of the selected time. I then done the 2 on my account from Eir and it took 12 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i'm using it for home broadband....but strictly speaking its not meant for that is it?

do you think they'll clamp down on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

fryup wrote: »
    i'm using it for home broadband....but strictly speaking its not meant for that is it?

Well they do allow tethering apparently, but once you hit that 80gb you probably won't work properly...

Probably should get two Sims ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,729 ✭✭✭degsie

Of course, seeing as they are monitoring threads on here

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

80GB wouldn't last too long if using it on laptops and a smart tv using Netflix or Prime, especially if there's more than one person using it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Hi all, I'm on an eir sim only plan. Thinking of moving to gomo. If I choose to port my number, do I need to contact eir to end my current plan or will the port to gomo terminate the plan automatically? I'm happy enough to pay for the notice period of 30 days.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement