Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo to end €9.99 per month for life offer [Now €12.99]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

sector_000 wrote: »
    What make of handset were you using?

Using a OnePlus 5!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,253 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

BTW this was on 48months.ie
    Wife's Huawei P20 lite - could not get roaming to work in France.
    It certainly couldn't get roaming data... I don't recall about calls or texts.

Daughter's Huawei P10 lite - could not get roaming to work in Germany
    I assume it was data (but may have been everything).

Roamed fine in Spain on a Huawei Mate 10

Did you actually enable roaming on the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Better coverage than Virgin Mobile anyway.
    4G speeds still muck, but that's to be expected when paying so little.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

BTW this was on 48months.ie
    Wife's Huawei P20 lite - could not get roaming to work in France.
    It certainly couldn't get roaming data... I don't recall about calls or texts.

Daughter's Huawei P10 lite - could not get roaming to work in Germany
    I assume it was data (but may have been everything).

When wife switched to VirginMobile - it worked automagically in Germany & UK. I just want to know if anyone has roamed (& where) on GoMo on Huawei phones (and with what handset models).

Much obliged for any responses. (wife would kill me if I moved her to a "cheapie" network but it didn't work when abroad)

Was unable to roam in Bulgaria on 48months.ie using Huawei P Smart. Yes, I tried everything including a few hail Mary's. Nothing worked for me. My sister in law who was with us also had a Huawei (cant remember the model) but she was on the Vodafone network and had no issues.

I was up north recently and Huawei P Smart worked fine while roaming without changing anything on Gomo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Worst customer service I've ever encountered by a long way. They lost my number I've had for 25 years. 4 weeks now I'm trying to get it back. Frustrating and infuriating to deal with.

Was thinking of porting over an elderly relative but that has majorly panicked me - if they lost their 20 year old number there would be hell to pay - by me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Gorteen

I've switched and find the internet coverage pure sh**e!!! If it wasn't for wifi, it's just a phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭micks_address

Gorteen wrote: »
    I've switched and find the internet coverage pure sh**e!!! If it wasn't for wifi, it's just a phone!

Had you eir before?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

What network were you beforehand and where are you based?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭blinkey 101

It's not.

I was with Eir for the past 5 years and have switched to Gomo for the past 6 weeks. The reception and coverage is worse and the data speeds are much slower.

I'm going back to Eir if they still have the plan I was on.

Same here network coverage is rubbish .

And as for 9.99 a month somehow my bills are 25€ ! And try contacting someone for help good luck with that .

kceire wrote: »
    What network were you beforehand and where are you based?

I had Vodafone and I'm in midlands

• Advertisement

Had you eir before?

No. Vodafone

• Registered Users Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭micks_address

No. Vodafone

I would assume eir and go mo have same coverage?

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    You can give one to another person. Me I have myself and my little lad on my account.

Saving a tenner per month on his, and 50 per month on mine for a lot more included than we were getting previously.

Would you be operating from the same mobile number?

I had Vodafone and I'm in midlands

In fairness, Vodafone would have a better nationwide coverage. And it would be well known that it’s better than Eir, thus GoMo.
    I would assume eir and go mo have same coverage?

Exact same as Eir. Other than 5g.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Simi

I switched from Three and the coverage/data speeds are noticeably worse. It reminds me of Three's coverage several years ago before they upgraded their network.

I'll see how it goes as it's €120 saving a year, but if Three or an MVNO on Three's network offer a similar deal I'm gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Got my first gomo bill (for the phone I have when I turn my work phone off) -€28.99 :eek:

Now to be fair, that was made up with (from memory) €11 from texts (no more texting competitions on Newstalk and RTE for me I can tell you that)

But there was €7 odd euro there for calling my mate in London on his mobile, which I could have sworn was included as part of the deal?

Ironically enough, I called him during working hours, so would have bee free if I had called him on my business phone (VF)

Still cheap, but I was surprised with the UK call not being included.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Got my first gomo bill (for the phone I have when I turn my work phone off) -€28.99 :eek:

Now to be fair, that was made up with (from memory) €11 from texts (no more texting competitions on Newstalk and RTE for me I can tell you that)

But there was €7 odd euro there for calling my mate in London on his mobile, which I could have sworn was included as part of the deal?

Ironically enough, I called him during working hours, so would have bee free if I had called him on my business phone (VF)

Its free unlimited calls to Irish landlines and mobiles. Never seen UK calls being mentioned.

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Its free unlimited calls to Irish landlines and mobiles. Never seen UK calls being mentioned.

Meh, not too concerned over €7, but lesson learned if I miss a mates call, call them back on the work mobile.

Still though I could've sworn that there was EU calls included in the package, if i was mistaken, I'll chalk it down as not reading terms and conditions more carefully and move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Meh, not too concerned over €7, but lesson learned if I miss a mates call, call them back on the work mobile.

Still though I could've sworn that there was EU calls included in the package, if i was mistaken, I'll chalk it down as not reading terms and conditions more carefully and move on.

Either use your work number or use yolla to call international numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,394 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Or Skype, Viber, WhattsApp.
    There are plenty options for free voice to anyone nowadays.

• Advertisement

kippy wrote: »
    Or Skype, Viber, WhattsApp.
    There are plenty options for free voice to anyone nowadays.

Yeah thanks guys, I'm more than familiar with the above apps and have used them in the past, but I must've mistakenly believed that there were some EU calls in the GoMo package, lesson learned.

Still unbelievably good value for what you get, I'll just make a mental note not to make any calls to other EU numbers in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭coolbreeze01

Are text's not included, or were they premium text numbers?

EU Roaming calls are included, but you were not EU Roaming. you were calling a mobile from within Ireland to another EU country.

Are text's not included, or were they premium text numbers?

Premium texts, I've always been doing this, but they always slid under the radar using Vodafone tbh, they just stood out like a sore thumb when GoMo is 9.99 flat rate.

No more texting for toy show tickets and trips to new York etc for me lol. :D

Are there any international minutes or texts included in this deal.
    Impossible to get through to any customer service

kceire wrote: »
    EU Roaming calls are included, but you were not EU Roaming. you were calling a mobile from within Ireland to another EU country.

Yeah, I know that I just wrongly assumed UK calls were included - no biggie, I'll just use the Vodafone SIM from here on for them kind of calls going forward.

I'm still more than happy with the service, network coverage etc is bang on for me anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Mr.S wrote: »
    I’m skeptical.

Why else would people switch to GoMo other than the price? If they up the price to €15/20 then they are the same as every other network.

€9.99 for life. They can’t up the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Bubblypop, All the required information is on their website.

bubblypop wrote: »
    Are there any international minutes or texts included in this deal.
    Impossible to get through to any customer service
    1. Web Chat on their website.
    2. FB Messenger
    3. Twitter DM

I found the email in service the slowest.

FAQ Here - https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058023567

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,373 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

€9.99 for life. They can’t up the price.
    Certainly not for people who signed up for 9.99 for life!
    But for others, new joiners etc they could.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement