Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amazon Prime Day 2021 - Monday 21st & Tuesday 22nd June

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭wandererz

OP.

Did you mean AU$25K??

Even then, that's some asking price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 503 ✭✭✭interlocked

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08KQHC2QQ?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Digital version. Lowest price ever according to the camels

I've two, one manual, one digital, simply the best thing you'll ever get into your kitchen, bulletproof. I'm going to get this to replace the manual, it's served its time

Note though, this is too small for a family. perfect for a single person or a couple.

(It's going North though now, along with the booze offers, sorry, hadn't realised the ****up delivering to here, £26.74 in the difference, Amazon can bite my bollix.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭Sono

Possibly been asked already but Amazon have just allowed me to order a firestick and echo dot to Parcel Motel Northern Ireland, will this be cancelled on me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Sono wrote: »
    Possibly been asked already but Amazon have just allowed me to order a firestick and echo dot to Parcel Motel Northern Ireland, will this be cancelled on me?

I don't think parcel motel are operating that any more, so that may more of an issue!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

PM no longer accept deliveries in Northern Ireland. So you may want to cancel that yourself.

Thanks folks. It’s been a while! I remember getting that email from them too but forgot, there was me thinking I was onto a winner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭matchthis

Addresspal still going though

matchthis wrote: »

Is there not extra charges?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Is there not extra charges?

https://addresspal.anpost.ie/pricing-sizing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,660 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

matchthis wrote: »

You essentially pay double vat, once to her royal highness and once to revenue here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Will they sort out the import fees do you reckon or will you just have to contact customer service?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,101 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08KQHC2QQ?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Digital version. Lowest price ever according to the camels

I've two, one manual, one digital, simply the best thing you'll ever get into your kitchen, bulletproof. I'm going to get this to replace the manual, it's served its time

Note though, this is too small for a family. perfect for a single person or a couple.

(It's going North though now, along with the booze offers, sorry, hadn't realised the ****up delivering to here, £26.74 in the difference, Amazon can bite my bollix.)

Doesn't do anything an oven doesn't already do?

Bulky enough yokes to store too and way too small to cook anything decent in it.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Th3B1tcH

I've just reported double VAT on chat who then got agent to call me,I explained what was happening and think I got a decent agent who actually understood and is now escalating to the team straight away (well hopefully not a fobbing off lol) but has promised to get back to me with update also understood its just with Prime Day normally it works right.
    Might help if more complain I did mention it affecting Irish orders for everyone and all over social media :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭davetherave

Th3B1tcH wrote: »
    I've just reported double VAT on chat who then got agent to call me,I explained what was happening and think I got a decent agent who actually understood and is now escalating to the team straight away (well hopefully not a fobbing off lol) but has promised to get back to me with update also understood its just with Prime Day normally it works right.
    Might help if more complain I did mention it affecting Irish orders for everyone and all over social media :cool:

It's not "double vat", it's just that vat/duty is being calculated from the list price of the item and not the lighting deal promotion price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭SteM

Doesn't do anything an oven doesn't already do?

Bulky enough yokes to store too and way too small to cook anything decent in it.

Our Philips one cooks a full 1.6kg chicken and doesn't get stored because it gets used so often. There are Boards threads on them already if you're looking for advice on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 randomlad1337

It's not "double vat", it's just that vat/duty is being calculated from the list price of the item and not the lighting deal promotion price.

Correct and wrong. The list price of the item that the vat/duty is being calculated has already included UK VAT. Amazon needs to remove UK VAT from the included list price, recalculate Irish VAT/Import from the list price to get the correct price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭reklamos

This.
    Instead of applying the discount to list price without VAT. Amazon adds VAT/Import charges and only then adds discount. Which makes it no deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Stupify

Amazon asking me to pay an import fees deposit on kids shoes, surely this will be refunded to me after it gets through customs?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

Stupify wrote: »
    Amazon asking me to pay an import fees deposit on kids shoes, surely this will be refunded to me after it gets through customs?

Thats just the name fro irish VAT - so no refunds - its just applying the right tax rates

• Advertisement

Anyone else try buying a Fire Stick - sending it to a mates gaff in the UK and it bumps to full price at checkout for me??

Wonder is it looking at where my account is registered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Stupify

Thats just the name fro irish VAT - so no refunds - its just applying the right tax rates

Kids shoes are 0% VAT though

He is asking because kid's shoes are VAT exempt.
    Stupify wrote: »

You will most likely be automatically refunded in a few weeks. If not, contact Amazon and they will refund you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭davetherave

Correct and wrong. The list price of the item that the vat/duty is being calculated has already included UK VAT. Amazon needs to remove UK VAT from the included list price, recalculate Irish VAT/Import from the list price to get the correct price.

Ok, so take this watch:

amazon.co.uk/Timex-Expedition-TW4B04400-Chrono-Gunmetal/dp/B01CKUQG5U

It's marked as a prime day deal.

Going to an Irish address:

Items: GBP 58.32
    Postage & Packing: GBP 0.00
    Import Fees Deposit: GBP 13.41 (This is 23% of the item price above)
    Total: GBP 71.73
    Promotion Applied: -GBP 14.32
    Order Total: GBP 57.41

Going to a UK address:

Items: GBP 58.32
    Postage & Packing: GBP 0.00
    Total before VAT: GBP 58.32
    Estimated VAT: GBP 11.67 (This is 20% of the item price)
    Total: GBP 69.99
    Promotion Applied: -GBP 25.99
    Order Total: GBP 44.00

Notice how the item price for both addresses is the same before two different IFD/VAT are added depending on the country it is being delivered to? Why would the be adding VAT to the UK address, if as you are saying, the 58.32 already includes UK vat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭plhealy2000

The problem doesn't seem to be the VAT but the value of the discount.

In the example above the discount is 25.99 v 14.32. They seem to be reducing the discount by the UK VAT amount.

This and the small VAT rate difference makes up the difference between delivery to Ireland and UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

SteM wrote: »
    Our Philips one cooks a full 1.6kg chicken and doesn't get stored because it gets used so often. There are Boards threads on them already if you're looking for advice on them.

Yeah they are great, was looking at this one, but the VAT sort of stops it being any sort of deal

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ninja-Foodi-Fryer-Dual-Zone/dp/B08CN3G4N9/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=air+fryer&qid=1624263982&refinements=p_n_specials_match%3A21583550031&rnid=21583549031&s=kitchen&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&sr=1-3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

The bigger the discount from list price the worse the saving.

Irish VAT is calculated on the full list price as opposed to the Prime Day price. Iv added a few things to my basket and theres barely any saving. Its a joke!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭stamjoe

Hogzy wrote: »
    If people get anywhere on the chat with having their import fees refunded ye might post on here and let us know.

I've gotten it back a month later, I was told to wait until the item arrived and then I had to contact again and got it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭donnacha

Is there any restriction to the £10 spend on primer day voucher we got for spending with small businesses. Email confirmation I got doesn't have a link to t's & c's and I'm trying to buy something now but not seeing the voucher get applied at checkout.

Irish VAT is calculated on the full list price as opposed to the Prime Day price. Iv added a few things to my basket and theres barely any saving. Its a joke!!!!

When I had my account with my Irish address it removed some of the prime deals entirely.

Ended up having to update to UK address to get 4k stick at the prime day price.

Bit of a pain. Oddly signed into amazon de and it failed to acknowledge I am a prime member.

donnacha wrote: »
    Is there any restriction to the £10 spend on primer day voucher we got for spending with small businesses. Email confirmation I got doesn't have a link to t's & c's and I'm trying to buy something now but not seeing the voucher get applied at checkout.

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/b?ie=UTF8&node=26295046031&sa-no-redirect=1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,141 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Bit of a pain. Oddly signed into amazon de and it failed to acknowledge I am a prime member.

Prime is site specific, doesn't carry over from .co.uk to .de

Absolute clowns to have an issue like this. My Prime membership is up in two weeks and i won't be renewing it.

When I had my account with my Irish address it removed some of the prime deals entirely.

Ended up having to update to UK address to get 4k stick at the prime day price.

Prime only applies to the site you bought it off, if you are a Prime UK member thats not cross applicable to .de, .es, .fr, .it etc

Also, if stuff isnt listed when your delivery address is set to Ireland but is listed when its set to UK, it means they wont deliver those products that are unlisted to Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

enough of this brexit nonsense,

when is the irish distribution centre opening?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Ring Camera:

RRP: £89.00
    Deal Price: £59.00
    You Save: £30.00 (34%)

Order Summary

Items: £74.17
    Postage & Packing: £0.00
    Import Fees Deposit: £17.06
    Total: £91.23
    Promotion Applied: -£15.17
    Order Total: £76.06

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭checkcheek

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Ring Camera:

RRP: £89.00
    Deal Price: £59.00
    You Save: £30.00 (34%)

Order Summary

Items: £74.17
    Postage & Packing: £0.00
    Import Fees Deposit: £17.06
    Total: £91.23
    Promotion Applied: -£15.17
    Order Total: £76.06

I’ve found it’s actually cheaper to sign up for the free month trial on .de and get it there. Even paying the postage. It works out at about 70€ versus 90€ the U.K. way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭dan786

First time in years that I have not bought anything on Prime day. Normally by this time would have spent a couple of grand. Extremely disappointing.

The new distribution Centre is still under construction and will be a while before it up and running. Was at it yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭ablelocks

this is the email address i was given by chat agent to send examples of pricing issues to :

resolution-uk@amazon.co.uk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

dan786 wrote: »
    The new distribution Centre is still under construction and will be a while before it up and running. Was at it yesterday.

Whereabouts is it?

Prime day my hole what a joke.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭dan786

timple23 wrote: »
    Whereabouts is it?

Its just beside their data centre in Grange Castle. I was working at Google PPK data centre yesterday and its right next to that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Whereabouts is it?

Baldonel I believe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭alias no.9

ablelocks wrote: »
    this is the email address i was given by chat agent to send examples of pricing issues to :

resolution-uk@amazon.co.uk

Has anyone successfully got the price to reflect the discount being applied before the deduction of UK VAT and addition of Irish VAT?

Whereabouts is it?

N7

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

alias no.9 wrote: »
    Has anyone successfully got the price to reflect the discount being applied before the deduction of UK VAT and addition of Irish VAT?

Im currently trying to sort mine out with an agent here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭jarrieta

Absolute clowns to have an issue like this. My Prime membership is up in two weeks and i won't be renewing it.

That is disappointing, I contacted them and was told that is correct and not going to do anything

Also the promotion is not fully applied

With an Irish address

Items:         £108.32
                 Postage & Packing:          £0.00
                 [URL="https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200549170&pop-up=1"]Import Fees Deposit:[/URL]          £24.91
                 Total:          £133.23             
                 Promotion Applied:         -£28.33   

With UK address

Items:     £129.99
    Postage & Packing:     £0.00
    Total:     £129.99
    Promotion Applied:     -£50.00
    Order Total:     £79.99 

So the promotion is lower too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭sok2005

Have also contacted the pricing resolutions team about the duty issue. Tried to buy 2 bottles for €22, it was pricing at €30 after the duty was added to the original non discounted price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

checkcheek wrote: »
    I’ve found it’s actually cheaper to sign up for the free month trial on .de and get it there. Even paying the postage. It works out at about 70€ versus 90€ the U.K. way

Items: €102.32
    Postage & Packing: €8.41
    Total: €110.73
    Promotion Applied: -€33.32
    Order Total: €77.41
    Order Totals include VAT. See details.

Vs the €69 it should be from the UK site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Yes, but its not 69 on the UK site, nor likely to be

• Advertisement

Postage and Packaging?

Advertisement