Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

06-12-2018, 13:55   #256
site_owner

Spotted this for sale during the week and things moved quickly. Picked up today and just had a great spin home on the sutton cycle track.

Very happy

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20181206-135420_Gallery.jpg (1.06 MB, 103 views)
Advertisement
06-12-2018, 14:39   #257
mr spuckler

awesome! does it have seats for the kids or how will that work?
Thanks from:
06-12-2018, 14:47   #258
site_owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr spuckler View Post
awesome! does it have seats for the kids or how will that work?
thanks

yes, theres a little cushioned bench inside the canopy, the whole thing closes up and is rain and wind proof.
its a slightly narrower space than the croozer but they arent short of room.
(2) thanks from:
06-12-2018, 15:07   #259
Ferris

Quote:
Originally Posted by site_owner View Post
Spotted this for sale during the week and things moved quickly. Picked up today and just had a great spin home on the cycle track.
Cool! What drive system does it have?

E-cargo bikes have been occupying way too much of my thoughts lately.
06-12-2018, 15:09   #260
site_owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferris View Post
Cool! What drive system does it have?

E-cargo bikes have been occupying way too much of my thoughts lately.
its the shimano steps 6000 version.
alfine 8 with di2
Advertisement
06-12-2018, 15:14   #261
Ferris

Never tried the steps system but its great by all accounts. That bike would have cost a fortune new, well bought.
06-12-2018, 15:21   #262
site_owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferris View Post
Never tried the steps system but its great by all accounts. That bike would have cost a fortune new, well bought.
this is my first experience with it, first time on any e-bike. its very smooth getting going at traffic lights and should be great for hills and windy days. first experience is that you dont really notice it coming in, just that pedalling gets a lot easier. i can see why people like them

its not modified, and wont be, so it cuts out at 25kph and i was mostly between 29-32 on the seafront so didn't really get much of a chance to experience it other than when moving off.
Thanks from:
06-12-2018, 15:44   #263
Ferris

Sounds similar to me, I have a bosch system but they're all much of a muchness. The ability to move off quickly from traffic would be a great help in traffic with a heavy bike like yours and it helps build stability quickly. The battery assistance comes into its own in headwinds, uphill and when you're carrying a load.
06-12-2018, 19:02   #264
tomasrojo

On the stability front, I don't have much trouble, though it's hard to keep the steering straight at very low speeds. I think I've just got so used to it now.

Going over dropped kerbs, keep the steering straight. You have to avoid a situation where the kerb is guiding the front wheel in one direction, and your momentum is pulling the bike in another. So grooves and fissures in the road are another thing to watch out for, and they can canalise the front wheel and make the bike unstable.

But it mostly comes down to going no faster than brisk, I think. Mind you, if you're on your own, I guess you can test the limits. You just might have to touch up the paintwork on the box if it goes wrong.
Advertisement
06-12-2018, 19:12   #265
AndrewJRenko

Quote:
Originally Posted by beazee View Post
Is that w three-wheeler bike you're talking?
I owned a rickshaw for a year and couldn't get my mind around about not being able to tilt into the turn. Worse if the tarmac was sloped the other way around - it did feel like I was about to flip over to the other side.

Speaking of two-wheelers (Bullitt) - it's the speed that helps in keeping the bike balanced. Any sudden move from the passenger (especially adult) may knock you off balance but with the higher speed (momentum) it's easier to maintain the course taken.
It's a three wheeler, but with the carriage in front, not behind. The balance takes a lot of getting used to, as you say. I kept feeling initially that it was going to flip over, but it doesn't. The non-leaning into corners is strange, and when going straight, I have this strange feeling that I'm tilted at a slight angle, even though everything looks right.

Hopefully, experience will help.
Thanks from:
06-12-2018, 19:18   #266
tomasrojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewJRenko View Post
It's a three wheeler, but with the carriage in front, not behind. The balance takes a lot of getting used to, as you say. I kept feeling initially that it was going to flip over, but it doesn't. The non-leaning into corners is strange, and when going straight, I have this strange feeling that I'm tilted at a slight angle, even though everything looks right.

Hopefully, experience will help.
Yeah, I know a few people with three-wheelers, and the consensus seems to be that they're harder to cycle, at least until you get used to them, if you're already used to two-wheelers. You have three wheel lines instead of one, which makes avoiding potholes and such like much harder, and, as already said, cornering is a bit weird. Not as weird, I imagine, as cornering on a conventional trike, where the outside rear wheel often comes off the ground.
Thanks from:
08-12-2018, 17:22   #267
site_owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by beazee View Post
Frame seems to be Manufacturing Year 2013.
It features the removable dropouts and the old style headset. Before tapered headset was introduced in 2014. The next iteration was rear triangle break to allow for Gates Belt transmission.

I am aware this only a bidding but GBP1,200 is on the low side for the bike in question. The honeycomb board, sides and Alfine 11 Di2 could easily push the price in the GBP2,000 region.
1955gbp in the end
(2) thanks from:
10-12-2018, 19:24   #268
Harrybelafonte

Extra tip actually. In the summer, remove the mudguards and move to Schwalbe Kojacks. Makes a world of difference
Thanks from:
10-12-2018, 20:08   #269
mloc123
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrybelafonte View Post
Extra tip actually. In the summer, remove the mudguards and move to Schwalbe Kojacks. Makes a world of difference
Marathons are a dog to cycle on... but should never puncture at least
10-12-2018, 20:36   #270
site_owner

Hadn't thought about the tyres being a drag. I value puncture protection pretty highly so I'm not sure I'll switch, will see when summer comes around.

Has anyone insured their cargo bike? Bikmo quoted me more than the car insurance...

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion