Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Steak Thread SEE OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

Had the Aldi steaks at the weekend, rib-eye for me and striploin for the OH. Delicious steaks alright but the rib-eye imo is far superior - the striploin cut too thin for my liking. In fairness, cook the rib-eye right and you can eat it with a spoon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭podge018

we had the rib eye too, top of the range.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭amber2

Just bumping this, Supervalu have rib eyes,t-bone and huge cowboy steaks on offer from today.

Also next week Lidl have 2 flat iron steaks for €5 from Mon 15th- Wed 17th & 1x Fillet steak on offer from Thu 18th-Sun 21st €5.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

Thanks Amber2

Supervalu are actually cheaper than Lidl for Striploins and Aldi for Striploins and Rib Eyes. So I know where to head this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭magicmoves

33% of all steaks in Supervalu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,338 ✭✭✭.red.

magicmoves wrote: »

Just home with 10 rib eyes so the freezer is nicely stocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Just went to Supervalu in Sundrive to pick up a couple of Ribeyes. Terrible quality - even the butcher agreed with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,569 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

magicmoves wrote: »

.... are what?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Santy2015

Got 6 striploins and 6 rib eyes in Supervalu Kanturk. They were great quality. They were cooking the steaks today. Tried the fillet and it was fantastic, think I'll get some tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Just went to Supervalu in Sundrive to pick up a couple of Ribeyes. Terrible quality - even the butcher agreed with me.

I find SuperValu steaks are not as good as aldi ones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I wonder does it depend on the branch? I find them great quality but it's one of the smaller franchised SVs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

I wonder does it depend on the branch? I find them great quality but it's one of the smaller franchised SVs.

I think it does to some extent but not in this case. Sundrive is a shambles for a lot of things but the butcher's counter is usually pretty good. They just got a supply of poor quality beef this week from the looks of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭ROY RACE

Is this lidl steak any good

http://www.lidl.ie/en/freshoffers.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭CH3OH

ROY RACE wrote: »
    Is this lidl steak any good

http://www.lidl.ie/en/freshoffers.htm

I love it
    It's vacuum packed, but in such a way that you can clearly see the meat
    It's always tender

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Lidl have rib eyes on special from Thursday till Sunday. €6 for 2 x 200g steaks, reduced from €7.29

Supervalu have 33% off fillet and striploin from 3rd to 9th March, great quality & good offer as they work out better than Lidl & Aldi steak offers.

amber2 wrote: »
    Supervalu have 33% off fillet and striploin from 3rd to 9th March, great quality & good offer as they work out better than Lidl & Aldi steak offers.

Again? Still have a couple in the freezer from the same offer a couple of weeks ago :D The fillet is very good from my local store anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ablelocks

amber2 wrote: »

they also have round roast steak at half price - perfect for slow cooking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

For me the ribeye on the Lidl offer is too small , you can get a good size in Supervalu so Thats where I am heading !

Going to get some of these Striploin cut in my Supervalu, I was allowed to take this picture last time out. Excellent quality

• Advertisement

Santy2015 wrote: »
    Going to get some of these Striploin cut in my Supervalu, I was allowed to take this picture last time out. Excellent quality

I'll have the second from the bottom right please :)

1/2 price Sirloin Steak from next Thursday in Supervalu I was told. Great price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Santy2015 wrote: »
    1/2 price Sirloin Steak from next Thursday in Supervalu I was told. Great price

Proof or gtfo

Proof or gtfo

I know the head butcher in my local store.

33% off t-bone and sirloin steaks in selected Supervalu stores from today until the 20th, S/V meat is quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

What sort of prices after you take the 33% off?

Thargor wrote: »
    What sort of prices after you take the 33% off?

€11.78 Sirloin & €16.74 t-bone per KG

Excellent quality got 2 t-bones cut thick for 13e earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Cowboy Steaks (Rib eye on the bone) in Lidl until Wednesday for €6.99 http://www.lidl.ie/en/freshoffers.htm?action=showDetail&id=41542

Seems very cheap, usually costs me about €20 for one in the butchers I'd say there's a slight size difference but for €6.99 I'll be grabbing a few.

T-Bones for €9.99 as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭anewme

When the Steak and Wine sale is on at Supervalu you'd get a decent cowboy steak for about 7 or 8!!!

Yum!

Advertisement