Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rammstein Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

The teaser looks like it'll be Mein Land Chapter II :pac:

Suspect it'll be a play on European fears of male immigrants. Rammstein turn up on a beach somewhere and charm the local ladies.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

Auslander video is absolute class.

Just starting to see some videos from the first show in Gelsenkirchen last night.
    Wow!

The stage, lighting and production exceeds anything they have done before.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Pity the crowd were shiiite!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Really? The crowd look in great form there.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Really? The crowd look in great form there.

If you watch a few of the videos from those gigs you'll see that the crowd are as dead as a wet sock for most of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Got the pre-show list of things you can't bring into the stadium for Munich (essentially everything), can't wait!

Anyone else see the article about Till being in court? From what I gather, a "fan" asked him for a selfie to which he refused. The "fan" then called the girl whom Till was with a hooker and Till punched him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

And was she a lady of the night?

And was she a lady of the night?

Nope, she is Till's girlfriend.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Then your man deserved that punch :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Anyone else see the article about Till being in court? From what I gather, a "fan" asked him for a selfie to which he refused. The "fan" then called the girl whom Till was with a hooker and Till punched him :D

Have heard that he is not the warmest man off stage.

Have heard that he is not the warmest man off stage.

His ex, model Sophia something or other said that he is the most polite and gentlemanly person she knows.

I'd say he mightn't be the warmest off stage given that he probably can't go anywhere without people talking to him and wanting autographs and selfies. Yes he's famous but I'd say that sh1t gets old very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

His ex, model Sophia something or other said that he is the most polite and gentlemanly person she knows.

I'd say he mightn't be the warmest off stage given that he probably can't go anywhere without people talking to him and wanting autographs and selfies. Yes he's famous but I'd say that sh1t gets old very quickly.

No doubt but where do you draw the line?
    I remember reading here of a boardsie going to a record signing circa release of rosenrot and getting a blunt/rude response from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Gig on Saturday was unreal, wish that we had gotten a bit further forward but really can't complain! They dropped Sex but we had the Seemann pianos during the stage swap and boats. Tour shirt is 35 if anybody is wondering!
    Good times!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 lallydonal

Awesome! I'm after getting my visa sorted for Russia to go see them in St Petersburg. Cant wait to go see them!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Disappointed they've dropped Sex from the setlist, was looking forward to that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Anyone going to Milton Keynes gig? Still waiting on my ticket (international delivery was the only option when buying) and nearly two weeks to go. Seems very late in the day for tickets not to be dispatched (status says not yet dispatched). Sent TM an email to see if they have any update.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,684 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I'm living in the UK but mine arrived on Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Ya it's not out of the norm to leave it to the last minute, bad really when you probably had to pay a few pound extra. Went to a gig a few years ago in Nottingham and booked to head over a few days prior tickets were delivered like 2 days before my flight :o

On another occasion they never arrived at all and had to contact ticketseller who put me on the list at venue instead. Stargreen that was, no surprise they've folded recently I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭barry181091

Off to the second night in Paris next weekend, can't wait! I just hope my gf likes it! This is a long shot but I don't suppose anyone here is going too? Also, if anyone knows Paris, where do people go for a drink after such concerts? I was in Paris last year, but I cannot say I saw any rock bars. Would be nice to find some after party, obviously not *the* after party but somewhere with a bit of life!

I f***ing chose e-ticket like an absolute idiot so I don't have the souvenir, will have to see if anyone drops one while there!

EDIT: Yes! Forgot to ask, how early would people say to get to one of these concerts if you wanted to stand close to the front? Doors for this are at 6 but I presume that's far too late

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Binky Bricktop

grimm2005 wrote: »
    Anyone going to Milton Keynes gig? Still waiting on my ticket (international delivery was the only option when buying) and nearly two weeks to go. Seems very late in the day for tickets not to be dispatched (status says not yet dispatched). Sent TM an email to see if they have any update.

Yep still waiting for my tickets, too. I have emailed Eventim and they have confirmed that they have been dispatched, but to get back to them if they don't arrive by a week before - eeek!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Off to the second night in Paris next weekend, can't wait! I just hope my gf likes it! This is a long shot but I don't suppose anyone here is going too? Also, if anyone knows Paris, where do people go for a drink after such concerts? I was in Paris last year, but I cannot say I saw any rock bars. Would be nice to find some after party, obviously not *the* after party but somewhere with a bit of life!

I f***ing chose e-ticket like an absolute idiot so I don't have the souvenir, will have to see if anyone drops one while there!

EDIT: Yes! Forgot to ask, how early would people say to get to one of these concerts if you wanted to stand close to the front? Doors for this are at 6 but I presume that's far too late

Front? Rammstein? Did that once. Never again, my face is still warm 14 years later. Didn't arrive particularly early, just jostled my way up between the support band and the main event. Be enough of an ass and people will let you through. :o

I was at the front for the O2 gig. A friend and I stayed in a hotel in Dublin and got at the start of a queue very early in order be be sure we got to the front.

I still have the "I survived front row with Rammstein" sticker.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I think it must of been from working in bars as teenager collecting glasses that I can always manage to slip through large crowds and get near enough the front, never once bothered having to get to a show just as the doors open.

Remember getting covered in foam during Pussy, was freezing when I got outside at the Dublin gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Front? Rammstein? Did that once. Never again, my face is still warm 14 years later. Didn't arrive particularly early, just jostled my way up between the support band and the main event. Be enough of an ass and people will let you through. :o

Boooooo

Let me just take this opportunity to tell you, and every version of you that has pushed past me over the years, your soul is dogshit and you should feel bad about it.

:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

Did anyone see the gif posted to their facebook page. "Get ready for 2020!" and Belfast is one of the places mentioned. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,116 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

wolfmoon87 wrote: »
    Did anyone see the gif posted to their facebook page. "Get ready for 2020!" and Belfast is one of the places mentioned. :)

It wasn't only me so

Mushy wrote: »
    It wasn't only me so

WHERE is Dublin!? I saw the Belfast flash in the gif alright

Am I utterly mad in thinking Dublin would have a much bigger draw than Belfast!?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,116 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

WHERE is Dublin!? I saw the Belfast flash in the gif alright

Am I utterly mad in thinking Dublin would have a much bigger draw than Belfast!?

I could only make out a few, Dublin may have been there but didn't catch it myself. Had to look few times to make sure Belfast was actually there

• Advertisement

Mushy wrote: »
    I could only make out a few, Dublin may have been there but didn't catch it myself. Had to look few times to make sure Belfast was actually there

I cannot seem to find the gif/post now. Perhaps it was put up in haste?

Advertisement