Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gallagher Premiership 2018/2019

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,742 ✭✭✭✭bilston

bilston wrote: »
    Great try

Saracens Champions Cup exploits potentially hurting them, at least that will probably be the narrative if the Chiefs go and win this.

I know nothing

That's the last time I'll post an opinion on a domestic match this season

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

Super game and another double for McCall. Incredible trophy haul to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭conor678

Serious question. Why doesn't McCall get more credit in Ireland or even a link to the Ireland job?

Unbelievable record.

conor678 wrote: »
    Serious question. Why doesn't McCall get more credit in Ireland or even a link to the Ireland job?

Unbelievable record.

Anytime there is a vacancy anywhere within Irish rugby his name is usually top of the list.

He gets as much recognition as you can give to someone who doesn't seem to have any desire to work in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭conor678

Fair enough. I've never heard him mentioned seriously so was wondering if he's been burnt by the irfu previously. If you read the English papers there's clamouring in some (guardian and telegraph) for him for the English vacancy which made me wonder about demand in Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Jupiter Mulligan

Just heard on RTE's "The Business" that L Irish have lost a sponsor over their signing of Paddy Jackson.

Did some digging and found this report about the signing.

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/sponsor-drops-london-irish-over-jackson-signing/

however, the club sees things differently:-

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/rugby/sponsors-decision-to-part-ways-not-related-to-paddy-jackson-signing-says-london-irish-38191723.html

Plenty more fun and games ahead for Paddy and LI I reckon.

Meanwhile, Paddy's fellow "top shagger" Stuart Olding has moved smoothly into Top 14 rugby with CA Brive after last week's win in the promotion playoff game!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,130 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

• Registered Users Posts: 5,916 ✭✭✭OldRio

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

i would have thought that Tigers would have been one of the more well off clubs in the english league.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

One of the best supported for sure, they get great crowds in, despite them being rubbish for the last few years.

A change of ownership might be a good thing, their current board are absolutely useless. More focused on marquee signings than building a competitive squad. A root and branch clean out could do wonders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

September 13th is the date set for the RFU council to vote on the 13 team, no automatic relegation proposal for the Premiership. Will be a playoff between bottom of the Premiership and top of the Championship over two legs, so no ringfencing.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Mark Wilson gone on loan to Sale for the season from Newcastle. Probably a good bit of business from Newcastle considering they're favourites to get promoted next season and he'd be looking for an exit otherwise.

Advertisement