Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gallagher Premiership 2018/2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,756 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Saracens are demolishing Wasps at the Ricoh.

7-25 after 34 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,182 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Sheedy has now completely usurped Madigan as first choice at Bristol.

I wonder how long it is before the provinces start to take a serious look at him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Buer wrote: »
    Sheedy has now completely usurped Madigan as first choice at Bristol.

I wonder how long it is before the provinces start to take a serious look at him.

Sheedy?
    From wiki...
    Born in Cardiff, Wales, Sheedy qualifies for Ireland through his parents and England through residency; he has appeared for both Wales and Ireland age grade representative sides...

Sheedy? From wiki... Born in Cardiff, Wales, Sheedy qualifies for Ireland through his parents and England through residency; he has appeared for both Wales and Ireland age grade representative sides...

That's him. Once upon a time very eager to play here but was a bit of a loose cannon. Still only about 23 and first choice outhalf at a Premiership team.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

If he's starting for them in the Premiership it'll be hard to get him back. He's a good candidate for the EPS for them in future so he'll be able to justify an inflated salary. Like Te'o at Worcester.

• Advertisement

Ya better to stay with England. Not a great queue behind Farrell.

Madigan hasn't been first choice for a few weeks but still kicks some vital goals.

Ya better to stay with England. Not a great queue behind Farrell.

Farrell, Ford, Simmonds, Smith, Burns and Cipriani. That jersey is locked down for a decade with Smith and Simmonds alone possibly. Sheedy will probably stay at Bristol for the money but I don't think he's getting a call up at any point in the next couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,607 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Buer wrote: »
    Farrell, Ford, Simmonds, Smith, Burns and Cipriani. That jersey is locked down for a decade with Smith and Simmonds alone possibly. Sheedy will probably stay at Bristol for the money but I don't think he's getting a call up at any point in the next couple of years.

The only way Sheedy gets a cap in the next 3-4 years for England is if he's given a token one to try keep him in England. Smith is very much seen as the next messiah by most in English rugby. Farrell is only 27 as well, and Ford 26.

I think Sheedy will be a bit like Steenson, in that he likely won't be in the Irish conversation for a few years unless things take a turn, and by that point it'll be too late.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,061 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Smith is the golden boy...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Newcastle will most likely be relegated after losing at home to Northampton. Now 9 points behind Leicester with just two games left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Joe Marler speaking for the rest of us here

https://twitter.com/ballsdotie/status/1122145605738954754?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

Newcastle have been relegated after losing at home to Northampton. Now 7 points behind Worcester with one game left.

Newcastle have two games left. They're not mathematically out of it yet.

But yeah, they're probably getting relegated.

troyzer wrote: »

They need both games to be TBP wins, and for Leicester to not get a single point from their last two.

They've got Gloucester and Bristol, and Bristol are fighting for top 6 (only 3 points separates 6th place and 9th).

Do players' contracts have relegation clauses built in or is that not allowed?

I got my facts wrong, thought there was only 1 game left :rolleyes: Went back and fixed it now.

I got my facts wrong, thought there was only 1 game left :rolleyes: Went back and fixed it now.

Officially relegated now.

Officially relegated now.
    Mass exodus of players imminent now.
    Just off the top of my head Young, Tate, Sinoti, Flood.
    Unfortunately I dont think Newcastle have "Bristol money" to keep the bigger names in division 2.

Mass exodus of players imminent now.
    Just off the top of my head Young, Tate, Sinoti, Flood.
    Unfortunately I dont think Newcastle have "Bristol money" to keep the bigger names in division 2.

Wilson is the big one for me. There's no way he comes back from a world cup to a championship side.

Burkie1203 wrote: »

Since it's official LI are being promoted, I wonder will we start to see all of those rumoured signings be confirmed.

• Advertisement

Wasn't Kepu one of the players who came out in support of Folau?

Leicester have signed Nephi Leatigaga and Tomas Lavanini

It's a shame Lavanini won't be in Europe next year.

I love watching him be a massive c**t.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

Lavanini is exactly the kind of player Leicester desperately need. Leatigaga, not so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,990 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Twitter is interesting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Twitter is interesting

This was a risk for LI. I don't think it will snowball like last year but they're going to get a fair bit of flak.

James Haskell retiring at the end of the season, been perpetually injured for the last couple of seasons and really been making the most of his media career over the last year or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,755 ✭✭✭✭bilston

James Haskell retiring at the end of the season, been perpetually injured for the last couple of seasons and really been making the most of his media career over the last year or so.

He's great on House of Rugby. I doubt we've seen the last of him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

This was a risk for LI. I don't think it will snowball like last year but they're going to get a fair bit of flak.

As long as their sponsors don't get windy, they'll probably be able to ride out the storm.

I wonder will it affect season ticket sales.

Advertisement