Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Superbowl LIV Thread: 49ers v Chiefs

Comments

I don't understand what is happening with the time outs!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,339 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

When it was 10-3 to the chiefs I was worried that the chiefs could open up a bigger lead than that but fair play to the niners for levelling the game up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,203 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Bet they wish they'd left themselves more time now!

It's normally Andy Reid making a balls of clock management but Kyle shanahan has to take a bow in this one :)

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

First half flew by, this half-time show bullsh1t will feel a lot longer.
    Half time show = turn over to something else.

Super throw by Jimmy but it's coming back

Given its the Superbowl you could argue they might have let that go but when you extend the arm like that you can have no complaints really.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement

Super throw by Jimmy but it's coming back

Given its the Superbowl you could argue they might have let that go but when you extend the arm like that you can have no complaints really.

The refs will swallow the whistle late in the game but not now.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    The refs will swallow the whistle late in the game but not now.

Ah I wouldn't be surprised to see them "let the boys play" as they say from the off and i personally let that one go of I'm the ref but you can see why it's flagged too.

I think it's a shame like, it was barely a baby push :D would have been huge for the 9ers just before the half, but again I lay the blame for getting no points largely at Shanahans door.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Kev8360

I don’t think he not needed to give that last pushoff to make the catch. It was a soft penalty - let em play I say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Furryglove

Rules are rules, clear push off, this isn’t paddy rules

Good half of ball, momentum swung both ways a couple of times, finely poised now for the second half.

It's important for he 9ers to get points on the first drive I think. Andy makes good adjustments and you don't wanna be getting behind to that Chiefs offence and needing to put it in Jimmy's hands, nothing against him I'm a fan but that team is set up to run. Everything works off the run.

• Advertisement

Furryglove wrote: »
    Rules are rules, clear push off, this isn’t paddy rules

First Superbowl eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

That 1st half flew by, especially considering the protracted build up.

I think fans of both teams will be fairly happy with what they've seen, neither team dominating and neither Offense or Defense having everything their own way.

I think SF would have been more aggressive with the last drive had they not been receiving the ball in the second half first. Also KC had 3 timeouts and they did not want to give Mahomes the ball back with a minute or so left on the clock had the drive stalled. Just one of those betwixt and between situations.

Agree, I thought the SF front would have had a little more pressure on Mahomes, other than the two rushes he's not had any notable hits on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

My 3 year old cousin is more convincing on his toy guitar then whatever that was :pac:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

As much as I think this thing is a load of bollox, it's impressive they can put the stage together in no time at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

Do they always mime the halftime thing? She's not even close to making it convincing.

Shakira is looking well it has to be said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,851 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Ali-G?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭Jofspring

BoroMan32 wrote: »
    Do they always mime the halftime thing? She's not even close to making it convincing.

Some do but in fairness the vast majority sing it Live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

BoroMan32 wrote: »
    Nearly every live tv performance is mimed. Easier and less likely to be affected by technical issues.

Top of the pops did it for 20+ years

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Shoelaces

Battle of the arses

• Advertisement

She’s some tramp that yoke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,544 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Shoelaces wrote: »
    Battle of the arses

J-lo is winning :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

J Lo is 50 lol!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭franglan

Some slide from our J. LO. Down with contact!

So this is what passes as entertainment these days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 854 ✭✭✭human 19

much better music in a docu on BBC4 right now. that will do me til the 2nd half

At Least part of shakira was live. She went into the crowd and it sounded live.

Without bothering with my filter I'd plow then both of course but Shakira has always been one of my favourites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Not a great 1st half, but could explode in the 2nd.
    SF should be happier, they have the first possession in the 2nd half and are level after that INT.
    Work tomorrow, so will catch up in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Furryglove

First Superbowl eh?

1986 was my first one, not a band wagoner here to extend there excuse for beer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭franglan

Love the hispanic culture and that. You can point at a woman's big bottom and get away with it no bother. That's what makes America great.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭milehip

Is this Riverdance?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

It's time for Africa

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Notdeco

At Least part of shakira was live. She went into the crowd and it sounded live.

Live mic, pre-recorded lyrics=oh she's singing live. But she wasn't

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

It is all very degenerate, the feminists need to reslise that it is these female popstars that promote the idea that women are sex objects. They should get their own house in order the female gender.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Go Pack go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

It was no Prince in the rain in 2007, but that was better than I expected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭avalidusername

That performance of 2 sexy latina ladies didn't end the way I'm used to it ending. :mad:

I'd have thought you would have seen plenty of Superbowls where they allow more contact than would usually be in the rules then.

I do enjoy these montages they run on the BBC. Will probably go back to sky for the game, but in fairness I do like Carlson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Notdeco

Mine too for the first part, but yes to the 2nd part. I booked the day off for beers and enjoying the game/ spectacle for what it is. No shame in that.

I do enjoy these montages they run on the BBC. Will probably go back to sky for the game, but in fairness I do like Carlson

Carlson is always good value

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭Damien360

My first one also. The refrigerator on the Bears team caught my imagination. I reckon Channel 4 started their NFL coverage that year and might explain why it's first for a few here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Glad it's a contest
    Brother and best mate are niners. Raider fan myself!
    Go the old AFC W

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

The guy drips knowledge.

The half time show on twitter seems to be be a mix of women in awe and one pregnant news broadcaster jealous of both shakira and J LO.

Those plays seem small at the time but they have a habit of being the plays you look back at. If Jimmy makes the right pass there to the wide open kittle that drive continues and maybe you come away with 7 instead of 3. A missed chance? Maybe.

Feeling like this is heading more toward KC at the minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,902 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Damien360 wrote: »
    My first one also. The refrigerator on the Bears team caught my imagination. I reckon Channel 4 started their NFL coverage that year and might explain why it's first for a few here.

It's all been downhill since that one though.

Jeff reinbold is Better than mike Carlson IMO. I'd listen to him reading a phone book he's that good.

Jeff reinbold is Better than mike Carlson IMO. I'd listen to him reading a phone book he's that good.

Nah wouldn't agree with that, and I'm a huge fan of Jeff. Now the dream is to be having them together for the Superbowl!

• Advertisement
Advertisement