Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superbowl LIV Thread: 49ers v Chiefs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

If Sammy puts up 100+ receiving I'll bare my arse on the bar in the Odeon and upload the pic

I don't think he will but can't have this being edited just in case

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

What bets do we have on chaps?

1st Touchdown Scorer, Mecole Hardman €5 @ 23/1 and Kyle Juszczyk €5 @ 47/1

then nick bosa for MVP at 24/1 which i think is a really long shot as unless both QBs absolutely stink it up, they're giving it to one of them. but all just a bit of craic

• I'm liking the look of the over 2 mins 4.5 secs for the national anthem @2/1

I've watched a couple of Demi Lovato's national anthems and she's always in around it. She was over it for the Mayweather vs. McGregor fight. I think she'll drag the arse out of it for the Super Bowl.

• First pass reception Chiefs - Kelce @11/5.

Travis Kelce -2.5 receiving passes vs. Kettle. @evens.

I need a few interest bets seeing as my beloved Ravens aren't partaking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

So do I go with Gamepass and be a bit behind so have to miss on on social media or do I go with BBC but have to put up with Jason Bell?

• Advertisement

I have Chiefs and kelce to score,
    Also went with a treble, kelce to score anytime, kelce to score in 2nd half, hill to score anytime, got it a little over 7-1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Still Ill

1st Touchdown Scorer, Mecole Hardman €5 @ 23/1 and Kyle Juszczyk €5 @ 47/1

then nick bosa for MVP at 24/1 which i think is a really long shot as unless both QBs absolutely stink it up, they're giving it to one of them. but all just a bit of craic

Went for Bosa MVP too. Has a decent chance if he gets a few sacks and it's a low scoring game

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

So do I go with Gamepass and be a bit behind so have to miss on on social media or do I go with BBC but have to put up with Jason Bell?

I've found Gamepass to be fairly up to date this season. And anything to avoid Jason is a good idea - a straight man (as opposed to funny) who doesn't realise he's the straight man.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

What's the coverage like on sky sports?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

D.Q wrote: »
    What's the coverage like on sky sports?

Leeds fanatic Jeff doing the Mighty White Gods proud

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,100 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Well **** me that was cringy as hell, and continues to be....this bit with the rock like....****ing hell, just start the game :)

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 39,689 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Yolanda Adams is some chanter in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,860 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm going 49ers to win it by at least five.
    MVP could go to a niners defensive player. I'd guess Joey Bosa or Kwon Alexander with Sherman as an outsider.
    If the Chiefs win it only one player is getting it and that's Mahomes.
    Just have this feeling though that George Kittle, who has had a quiet enough season, could explode into action tonight. It'd be a really smart move by the niners to have him heavily involved I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,300 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Someone shut her up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Going Chiefs can’t recall if I voted already

I feel old sitting with my two brothers watching the super bowl twenty years after we watch our first one together.

All my bets are chief winning scoring, I do think 49rs will win, so I'm either smug that I was right, or up cash. I just want a great game

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Mute button.... initiate!

• Demi is going way too fast....

• There goes the over/under national anthem bet. Christ, that must be one of the fastest ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,860 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I thought her voice was superb, excellent singing of the national anthem but the music ruined it a bit. I'd have preferred to hear her on her own.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

The military seem to be involved every facet of this game...

Four 100 year old lads and only one looked capable of walking.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭Damien360

eagle eye wrote: »
    I thought her voice was superb, excellent singing of the national anthem but the music ruined it a bit. I'd have preferred to hear her on her own.

I thought it was respectful singing. True to the anthem. Thankfully, It's been a while since a singer came on and murdered it with their own twist.

• Veterans that actual deserved their medals in a proper war.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Go Chiefs!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,284 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

It's a load of b*ll*cks. The way the Yanks militarise every sporting event is appalling.

The military are always involved in the super bowl.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,100 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Sticking with my pick of the 49ers but just wanna see a good game and I'd be delighted to see mahomes and Reid pick up their first Lombardi trophy

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,648 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I think the 49ers will win but I'm cheering for the Chiefs

Advertisement