Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Feckin weather!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

We played a 15 hole scramble as it was our Captains Drive In on Sunday. A couple of short sharp showers but overall a good day compared to others recently. We hope to start our 18 hole competitions next weekend.

Cant wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭ShauntaMetzel

Fad up of rainy, snowy and cloudy days. Want sunshine now with blossom season. Probably, I want to welcome spring in Japan but I don't think it is possible due to coronavirus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,997 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

it's a cracker out there , a sign of an early spring in the air.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,106 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

it's a cracker out there , a sign of an early spring in the air.

Yes, first sign of spring, think we might be over the worst of it.

Sub paid for the year also :pac:

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Yes, first sign of spring, think we might be over the worst of it.

Ah here...don't be going and jixing us by saying that! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Been trying to get back playing since new years eve. Every bloody day I can go the weather is shocking. Hopefully this weekend will make for a nice opportunity to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

etxp wrote: »
    Been trying to get back playing since new years eve. Every bloody day I can go the weather is shocking. Hopefully this weekend will make for a nice opportunity to play.

Finally hit a ball yesterday, but only at the range :( was hitting it well considering I hadn't swung a club in 2+ months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

Played 18 this morning in glorious sunshine. I wonder why I ever play in the rain. Need to move to Spain :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,693 ✭✭✭Glebee

Its great to see the evening getting longer as well.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,195 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

We get the evening hour next weekend too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭GolfNut33

Played 18 this morning in glorious sunshine. I wonder why I ever play in the rain. Need to move to Spain :)

Must have tee off nice and early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

GolfNut33 wrote: »
    Must have tee off nice and early.

7.20,was around in 2hrs 20. My idea of bliss.

7.20,was around in 2hrs 20. My idea of bliss.

Nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭lowelife

And you won't struggle to get a tee time over there at the moment ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Its all very infuriating. After the appalling winter that we've had, we're now having a really run of things, but can't get out to play really with all the restrictions in place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Its all very infuriating. After the appalling winter that we've had, we're now having a really run of things, but can't get out to play really with all the restrictions in place

But we can get out!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,195 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

gypsy79 wrote: »
    But we can get out!!

Don't assume everyone is a healthy 25 year old unimpacted.

Folks laid off will be hesitant on subs or green fees, those of a certain elder age are self isolating, those of student age are self isolating, plenty of us working all hours as certain sectors are flat out and then there are the at-risk through underlying health....or those sacrificing their round of golf to avoid social interaction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭gypsy79

slave1 wrote: »
    Don't assume everyone is a healthy 25 year old unimpacted.

Folks laid off will be hesitant on subs or green fees, those of a certain elder age are self isolating, those of student age are self isolating, plenty of us working all hours as certain sectors are flat out and then there are the at-risk through underlying health....or those sacrificing their round of golf to avoid social interaction

I am 100% in the group that is working flat out!! Thankfully.

Also in a higher risk category but i have been enjoying the mental health benefits of weekend relese

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I'm hoping that the courses will be pristine by the time we get beech to regular playing!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭blue note

GreeBo wrote: »
    I'm hoping that the courses will be pristine by the time we get beech to regular playing!

How much maintenance will they be allowed to do on them over the next couple of months? I'd be concerned they'll be a while getting them back to the standard they're currently at after all of this.

• Advertisement

So it's been bone dry for weeks now... That's annoying!

So it's been bone dry for weeks now... That's annoying!

Perfect golf weather for me. Dry, sunny, no wind and a bit cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Me too, would take this weather any day over 25 degrees.

Sorry, thats what I meant.
    After a month of being underwater its now perfect weather and we are locked out.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭slingerz

Sorry, thats what I meant.
    After a month of being underwater its now perfect weather and we are locked out.:mad:

It’s Murphy’s law that they best weather of the course war would come by when we are on lockdown. Hopefully we can get back out on the course again soon but I would reckon it will be June before that happens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e4708294eae860b4f1a4cc1c380ac479ea800ef37a2&rid=giphy.gif

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e4708294eae860b4f1a4cc1c380ac479ea800ef37a2&rid=giphy.gif

Today's a tough one. Think I've played a full round, in my head, at my home track today already.

Today's a tough one. Think I've played a full round, in my head, at my home track today already.

My course is putting (har har) videos on YouTube to show us how the course is doing... Beautifully striped fairways and great run on the ball...:(

My course is putting (har har) videos on YouTube to show us how the course is doing... Beautifully striped fairways and great run on the ball...:(

It's like they're teasing us 😆😆

• Advertisement

What an evening to be heading out for 9 holes afterwork:(:(

Yup, more perfect golf weather to look out at longingly. Gonna try head into a local field with a matt and a bunch of balls, and hope no one kicks me out.

Im going to hide in the shed becuase the wife keeps finding me jobs to do...

Glebee wrote: »
    Im going to hide in the shed becuase the wife keeps finding me jobs to do...

I'd love some more things to do around the house, I've done them all and if I could get the gear if the suppliers were open I'd do a lot more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Just looking at the monthly weather data from Met Eireann here; you can pick your nearest weather station from the map and get the data.

The Phoenix park station recorded 2.6mm of rain so far in May, 13.6mm in April and 30.7mm in March. That's a total of less than two inches of rain in almost three months. :eek:

Ah here...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,491 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Kiith wrote: »
    Ah here...

Rain?

Fair amount overnight, but it's only light now. Not out till 3pm, so it'll probably dry up.

Don't care either way, playing golf today!

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

Couldn't see down first at my club in Galway. Cleared a little before descending again. Probably be like that all day. Tis a shame but the golf course does need a few days of rain

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

and a big storm coming on friday....ffs :mad:

and a big storm coming on friday....ffs :mad:

Forecast Friday is brutal bad alright. Its to clear off quickly though I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

yea got a bit wet earlier on, thankfully it blew off quick enough and although it burst through a couple of times, it was light and didn't last

Glad i took my name of the timesheet for today. Rough as hell out there in Offaly.

Kiith wrote: »
    Glad i took my name of the timesheet for today. Rough as hell out there in Offaly.
    Rain badly needed though. Our fairways were starting to look a bit brown in places.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭pinkdoubleeagle

Playing today at 5. Can't wait

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Was out at 7.30 am and the wind was strong enough and getting worse.

Defo need a drop of rain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

played a 7:30 myself and nearly got blown off the course, savage wind, rained going up one hole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭lowelife

Seve OB wrote: »
    played a 7:30 myself and nearly got blown off the course, savage wind, rained going up one hole.

:eek:

Seve OB wrote: »
    Well that will teach you to wear shorts. :D

Feckin weather!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Was up early this morning and ready to tee off in the p1ssing rain. Course closed for the day

• Advertisement
Advertisement