Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feckin weather!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

Dbu wrote: »
    Had to open this again..milling it down in Cork....no Wednesday eve golf:(

Got email about winter league opening today. Always a bad sign of weather and winter golf :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

My home course's winter aeration program starts on Monday, there's no denying we're almost into winter golf. Hello numb hands and cold feet:(

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭3putt

Beautiful day today in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

Worst September I can think of. Gonna be a very long winter if we don't get a good dry October.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

3putt wrote: »
    Beautiful day today in Dublin

Wasn't in Belfast, played Belvoir at 8am this morning, was the first (and as far as I can see) and only golfer to brave it, rained for first few then grand until 9 when it just bucketed for the remainder.
    Used driver (par 4's/5's) then 7 iron for every shot apart from putting, walked off the 18th with lots of bogeys a few pars and a few doubles, 2hrs and 5 minutes, tore around.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭paulos53

After yesterday's rain it will be Winter Rules and non-qualifying in our club this weekend. :(

paulos53 wrote: »
    After yesterday's rain it will be Winter Rules and non-qualifying in our club this weekend. :(

my club wont see qualifying until the middle of next april i'm afraid

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I doubt there’s a dry course in the country with all that rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Raisins

Killer I was injured June - August and can't get my 3rd qualifying card in now. Takes me out of all opens next year I think no matter how much golf I play.

Edit: it's slightly off topic but does anyone know or have experience whether 3 home qualifying cards next April (for example) would allow a player to enter an open in July? Or must it be in the preceding season? I think the rule says the previous season but I've heard golfnet will qualify you if it's in the same season. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Dbu

The amount of rain currently falling in Cork right now will mean most courses will be closed over the weekend I reckon.

More forecast for tomorrow..........Roll on spring 2018

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Same in Galway. I haven't played in four weeks due to holidays, weather and weddings! I was absolutely gagging for a game this weekend but I've no doubt the course will be closed given the amount of rain we're getting today and the dreadful forecast for the weekend.

Just seems like yesterday when I was able to get 18 holes after work:(

I played Galway Bay two weeks back and it was soaked everywhere, very bad

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

Cill Dara in great nick there this afternoon, the east coast really does get away it weather wise, little of the predicted deluge fell in the Newbridge Nass area today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

backspin. wrote: »
    Worst September I can think of. Gonna be a very long winter if we don't get a good dry October.

And we didn't get that dry October. Our course is very wet at the moment.

Rained back then too...

DMk11ZDW0AASvt_.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

If I get in 2 games before Christmas with the weather and other factors I’ll be doing well

• Registered Users Posts: 15,877 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Keano wrote: »
    If I get in 2 games before Christmas with the weather and other factors I’ll be doing well

If I don't get 2 games in before the end of October I'll be pissed off ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Looking forward to a game tomorrow! Have the wet gear prepped just in case but the forecast isn't too bad

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Seve OB wrote: »
    If I don't get 2 games in before the end of October I'll be pissed off ;)
    I need to hide your posts!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Anyone looking for cheap links golf Corballis have four qualifying opens every week throughout winter.....think it said mon, tues, thurs, fri. €17. Gonna give it a go next week. Never played it, but heard its a a good strategic test.

• Advertisement

Hoboo wrote: »
    Anyone looking for cheap links golf Corballis have four qualifying opens every week throughout winter.....think it said mon, tues, thurs, fri. €17. Gonna give it a go next week. Never played it, but heard its a a good strategic test.

If i ever make it to Dublin this will be a great shout!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

slingerz wrote: »
    If i ever make it to Dublin this will be a great shout!

Im due another round there i think. Its been long enough I'm falsely optimistic again.

Sure its only a small course, how bad could it be :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Will have to head back up to Corballis when i get better, need some dry golf!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭benny79

Does Monday include bank holidays like this one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Hoboo

benny79 wrote: »
    Does Monday include bank holidays like this one :D

Indeed'n it does! €20 though, so no club orange afterwards.

Actually on Mon, Wed, Thurs, Fri, not Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rickis tache

worst Christmas for golf. if it's not frost it's a feckin storm. not played once over the hols and was hoping to get out this weekend. Dylan put a stop to that. 2018 better be good. :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

worst Christmas for golf. if it's not frost it's a feckin storm. not played once over the hols and was hoping to get out this weekend. Dylan put a stop to that. 2018 better be good. :-(

This morning (15 hole sweep) was classic links weather* - started in the cold and clear......by the seventh we'd all put on extra layers for the sideways sleet that was coming in before playing the last four in sunshine.......which was the worst because we were playing into a low sun and it was nigh on impossible to see the ball!

Off out again in the morning for a social round.

*Feckin bruuuuuutal!! :D

Those with links golf available to them are lucky. Clubs are in the cupboard for me until Paddy’s Day

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭benny79

My course was open all over the Christmas just the 1 day there was bad frost so on temps which was a pain.. Even had some 18 hole comp's! Not voted the driest parkland course in leinster for nothing.. Petty my golf wasn't great! me and my woods are having a bit of a disagreement of late!

• Advertisement

i cant wait for Paddys Day and the whole golf scene to get going again properly. Havent played in a couple of weeks and the weather isnt helping matters either

Advertisement