Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

17-12-2019, 16:25   #31
NSAman

Spoilt kids claiming "I took away their future"...kick in d'arse is what that lot need!
Advertisement
17-12-2019, 16:27   #32
Naos

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejee View Post
Don't even understand what you're getting at here.

"accessibility"?

Its a phone. A phone is a phone. Is a phone, a phone is.
Except it's not? https://www.apple.com/uk/accessibility/iphone/

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhone Accessibility
So a person who’s blind can take group selfies. A person who’s deaf can call Mum from abroad. And a person who can’t move from the neck down can send text messages to friends.
Perhaps these more expensive items are not worth it to you because you are not aware of or do not use the features that make them more expensive.

Even a camera on a phone - if photo's are important to you then there's no way a 100e phone will do the same job as a newer iPhone/Samsung etc.
17-12-2019, 16:33   #33

I swear we should have a version of the "Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon" game here on boards, except it would have to be "One Degree of Greta Thunberg." You play by mentioning her name in a thread, but you have to create some kind of link between her and the thread topic, no matter how tenuous that link is, or how insane the compulsion to do so makes you look.

Favourite crisp flavour thread?
'You know Greta Thunberg's favourite flavour is... tofu and despair because her future is so bleak AMIRITE???"

Man United megathread?
"I bet Greta Thunberg thinks 'Man United' is actually plan to unite the human race to fight climate change - what a FOOL!"

Last edited by B0jangles; 17-12-2019 at 16:40.
17-12-2019, 16:35   #34
mikemac2

Vinyl

Where was this craze 10 years ago? It's become quite big and people spending time hunting for that "gem" in the street markets. Are they making profits out buying and selling, fair play I guess if they know what to look for

Does it truly sound better or is that in your imagination?
(3) thanks from:
17-12-2019, 16:45   #35
Raconteuse

Climate change denial. I mean, questioning the narrative I understand - but out and out insistence that it's a hoax? Based on what?

Anti semitism - I even saw someone blame Islamist terrorism on the Jews recently just seems like a box some folk feel they should tick.
Advertisement
17-12-2019, 16:50   #37
Shuhada Davitt

i "dont get" the way most irish people have a one-up-manship type personality. they always want to be better, delude themselves to think they ARE better. they always want to seem like they're "someone".

i dont get it - but my theory is that it's because we're irish and that's all. nothing special, just irish, so they play up on everything they have to make themselves seem better or more worldly or something.

i dont get it.
i dont get modern "feminism" either.
Thanks from:
17-12-2019, 16:52   #38
SEPT 23 1989

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemac2 View Post
Vinyl

Where was this craze 10 years ago? It's become quite big and people spending time hunting for that "gem" in the street markets. Are they making profits out buying and selling, fair play I guess if they know what to look for

Does it truly sound better or is that in your imagination?
the old vinyl does

but played on a system from that time
(2) thanks from:
17-12-2019, 16:52   #39
Tacitus Kilgore

Quote:
Originally Posted by callaway92 View Post
Greta Thunberg and all of that nonsense.

Literally PR people running her whole life for her. It's a child not making one decision for herself - It's like a weird project for odd people running her life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_Clifton View Post
its all a hoax, that poor girl is being used
Quote:
Originally Posted by callaway92 View Post
100%. It's vile then looking at the droolers latching on her every word. Not one word in a speech has been from her at all.

Actually pisses me off so so much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_Clifton View Post
carbon taxes are the only way to fix any environmental problems, real or imagined

Something I really don't get:

I don't understand why Greta Thunberg is so triggering & anger inducing to certain cohorts of society, it's weird, like really really weird to me, I don't support or object to her, but every second fb post seems to have a greta meme, it's weird, and I don't think I even want to understand it.

This thread being a perfect example, the most common topic in the first 2 pages is anti-Greta Thunberg posts... Does she really affect you that much?
(80) thanks from:
10pennymixup, Aceandstuff, AnnaSophia, Better Than Christ, BillyBird, BK92, bluto63, BuileBeag, CalamariFritti, cashback, ceegee, coolbeans, cooperguy, DaMorganator, Dave_The_Sheep, DBB, Drumpot, Duckworth_Luas, Duvet Day, Edgarfrndly, elefant, enda1, fits, gman127, gobo99, Goodshape, happyday, Hello 2D Person Below, Homesick Alien, Idle Passerby, IrishZeus, Jamiekelly, joey100, josip, joxer1988, kowloon, lalababa, LessOutragePlz, Loveinapril, Macie Whining Violist, maebee, Martina1991, mlem123, Moghead, mrsdewinter, MrStuffins, Muahahaha, NewCorkLad, Obvious Desperate Breakfasts, optogirl, Paz-CCFC, pconn062, perfectisthe, Phoebas, poeticjustice, Raconteuse, rain on, riffmongous, Rosie Rant, Rothko, Scarinae, Smart Bug, spurious, Squeeonline, starbaby2003, stop animal cruelty, Stu Redman, Sudden Valley, SusieBlue, Tabnabs, Tell me how, Thargor, The Floyd p, Tired Gardener, vangoz, Water John, Whatsisname, Working class heroes, Zak Flaps, Zymurgist
Advertisement
17-12-2019, 16:55   #40
tupenny

Instagramers bloggers influencers, and how so many people are brainwashed by them.
I'm talking women in early 30s here, not young kids, worshipping these people. Its bizarre to witness.

100% agree re. Phones and tvs! I'd add cars to that. People in next few weeks out to get their 2020 car. Dont get it
17-12-2019, 16:55   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacitus Kilgore View Post
Something I really don't get:

I don't understand why Greta Thunberg is so triggering & anger inducing to certain cohorts of society, it's weird, like really really weird to me, I don't support or object to her, but every second fb post seems to have a greta meme, it's weird, and I don't think I even want to understand it.

This thread being a perfect example, the most common topic in the first 2 pages is anti-Greta Thunberg posts... Does she really affect you that much?

I think it's the authoritive way she talks. I listened to her first speech and wouldn't listen to her again because i find her irritating, but i don't hate her nor like her
(5) thanks from:
17-12-2019, 16:56   #42
facehugger99

People spending €50-60k on a car.

Buy pretty much the same car, 3 years old for around 1/3 of the price and you've about €35k to spend on other stuff.
17-12-2019, 16:57   #43
Shuhada Davitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tupenny View Post
Instagramers bloggers influencers, and how so many people are brainwashed by them.
I'm talking women in early 30s here, not young kids, worshipping these people. Its bizarre to witness.

100% agree re. Phones and tvs! I'd add cars to that. People in next few weeks out to get their 2020 car. Dont get it
the car thing is exactly what i said about the irish one-up-man-ship - people go and spend thousands and put themselves into debt to get the best car so they can think in their own head that they are "better" than their neighbour.

horrible... i call it "little mans thoughts".... although women are as bad.worse even when you consider fashion/makeup/wanting to be the "hottest in the room".
(3) thanks from:
17-12-2019, 16:58   #44
Nekarsulm

I don't get the whole Elf on a Shelf thing, nor Aldi soft toy carrots.
17-12-2019, 16:58   #45
Shuhada Davitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by facehugger99 View Post
People spending €50-60k on a car.

Buy pretty much the same car, 3 years old for around 1/3 of the price and you've about €35k to spend on other stuff.
they do it cos they think they are better than everyone else.
the irony is, they do that, then they are in debt and definitely no better than the neighbour down the road in a banger with money in his bank
(4) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion