Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you just "don't get"?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Digital music costing as much or almost as much as a CD. There's a new 5 CD boxset of 1999 by Prince. I was looking at the price of it a couple of days ago. It's something like €65 for the 5 CDs. It costs just €10 less to buy the mp3 files. That's absolute fucking madness.

Ask your local public library to order it in and then borrow it to copy to your PC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Andrew00 wrote: »
    So they all turned into peadophiles as soon as they joined priesthood
    Surely you've considered that they were paedophiles already?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

vriesmays wrote: »
    Closing the peat industry to help combat climate change when that volocano in New Zealand emits more toxic fumes than from burning all our bogs.

Agree, it should be closed to preserve a geographical formation for the next generations to view in awe as I do. Not for the emissions but for the preservation of a very beautiful ecosystem.

We don't need to burn it anymore, for too many reasons.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

To answer the OP
    The ride. I used to get it , but now ? Maybe its old age :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

Why the simplest of toys bought in smyths or from santa are packaged more secure than a high end electrical item.

Just recently got a new laptop. Cut the seal, it falls out.

Frozen doll set....ties, clips, glue, torture rubber bands, blood, sellotape, screws , crying child, pressure fitted stairs, blood on Elsa's hair....etc

Why.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I think public shaming would be much better plus a ridiculously high fine like 5000 for any form of littering or maybe doing community service doing litter picking if caught.

Extra frustrating thing is, that there is so much of it which indicates a significant potion of the population are contributing to it. At least 10% I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭abff

callaway92 wrote: »
    Jesus..I have nothing against the girl personally.

My problem is that literally nothing she is saying/doing is of her own accord. She is a vile PR shill and being taken advantage of. Can't believe people are too thick to realise that.

I don't know the girl, I dont dislike the girl. It's the FACT that everything is written for her. Every action she does is potted out for her. Not one thing she has done is from her own mind/heart and it's grim.

What I don't get is people expressing opinions on the internet and thinking that by putting the word FACT in all capitals, it makes their opinion inviolate and above any form of challenge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭MMyers

Strictly come dancing.

No explanation needed.

Did you see how hot Rachel Stevens was on that show?

tbf all "reality shows" are useless b.s

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

MMyers wrote: »
    Did you see how hot Rachel Stevens was on that show?

tbf all "reality shows" are useless b.s

I enjoyed this one...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

No satisfaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Social media. People posting their lives all over Facebook, Instagram etc. Firstly, I've no desire for people to know my business. Secondly, I'm not that interesting and neither are most people. And thirdly, if you're posting pics of your kids, you're a c**t. Let them post their own pics when they're old enough to decide for themselves.

When did we become so narcissistic or was it always so but we just never had a medium to inflict our mundanity on the world?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,018 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

How so many attractive girls end up dating drug dealers.

Boy racers.

Irish 'Country and Western' music and its popularity.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,573 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Grown ups who like Anime, My Little Pony, Furries, Pokemon, Digimon and Harry Potter

2zo1ki.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Piers Morgan.I dont get the egotistical sap.Why hes on TV and he just goes after people.

Anyone who corrects your grammar or spelling on any internet forum.Just go away.

Greta[again]theres just something about her i cant take to.

Taylor Swift or Ariane Grande,they have to be the most boring women in pop.And yet they sell loads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

Ryan Tubridy, Kathryn Thomas & most of all Leo Varadkar

• Registered Users Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

How so many attractive girls end up dating drug dealers.

Boy racers.

Irish 'Country and Western' music and its popularity.

Free drugs I suppose. :D:)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,860 ✭✭✭✭anewme

they do it cos they think they are better than everyone else.
    the irony is, they do that, then they are in debt and definitely no better than the neighbour down the road in a banger with money in his bank

I don't get why people think everyone with a new car has no money and owes a fortune.

Some people have a new car and are not in debt and have money in the Bank.

Some people have a banger and no money in the Bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,573 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Free drugs I suppose. :D:)

You never dab into your own supply

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

People buying coffees several times a week. Can they not make them at home?
    The obsession with the weather.
    Never ending football news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

PsychoPete wrote: »
    You never dab into your own supply

Is that you Twin ?
    Don't get high on your own supply :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,839 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

The obsession that a lot of people have with cars, especially young lads. I don't get it at all. It's just a hunk of metal that gets you from one place to another as far as I'm concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Hybrid cars.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Vinyl

Where was this craze 10 years ago? It's become quite big and people spending time hunting for that "gem" in the street markets. Are they making profits out buying and selling, fair play I guess if they know what to look for

Does it truly sound better or is that in your imagination?

I am Stop. and I'm a vinyl addict.
    I started buying records in my early teens and never really stopped. I have maybe 10k LPs and about 2k 45s.
    I can't fully explain it to you in one post. I very rarely buy stuff online, I prefer to get the fingers dusty. The thrill of the hunt. Never know what you might find.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭MoashoaM

I don't get the "Veganism: Who is behind the Agenda?" thread.

And this one might show my age but I don't get the hubbub about "no malarkey". I use the term every now and then. Up there with "flimshaw" and "Argle bargle"

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭the14thwarrior

i don't get the new craze for charity.
    Instead of Kris Kingle everyone gets to donate a present to a charity of your choice. WTF.
    Boxes for homeless people or "rough sleepers" to donate stuff
    reverse advent calanders for tins of stuff etc.
    charity boxes for christmas stuff

the "we are not buying you a christmas present we are giving a donation instead" company crap.

spent our youth getting new PJ, a pair of slippers, an annual, one selection box and perhaps one big toy which meant a bike to last you for the next five years, or a pair of adjustable length skates to last for 7 years, if you were lucky..........
    one tin sweets in the house and no one dared touched the carmel cos that was mammys
    and now the do gooder young ones are trying to guilt us out of christmas....

i don't get the new craze for charity.
    Instead of Kris Kingle everyone gets to donate a present to a charity of your choice. WTF.
    Boxes for homeless people or "rough sleepers" to donate stuff
    reverse advent calanders for tins of stuff etc.
    charity boxes for christmas stuff

the "we are not buying you a christmas present we are giving a donation instead" company crap.

spent our youth getting new PJ, a pair of slippers, an annual, one selection box and perhaps one big toy which meant a bike to last you for the next five years, or a pair of adjustable length skates to last for 7 years, if you were lucky..........
    one tin sweets in the house and no one dared touched the carmel cos that was mammys
    and now the do gooder young ones are trying to guilt us out of christmas....
    I've never heard tell of any of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Message boards that have about a dozen variants of the same thread about relatively trivial and generally avoidable things that other people do that irritate you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭Archeron

SAMTALK wrote: »
    I don't get the whole Alexa thing tbh

1980s, don't take lifts off strangers
    1990s, don't talk to strangers on the inernet
    2019, give a stranger on the Internet your address and then take a lift off them. Alexa, order me a serial killer!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

MoashoaM wrote: »
    I don't get the "Veganism: Who is behind the Agenda?" thread.

And this one might show my age but I don't get the hubbub about "no malarkey". I use the term every now and then. Up there "flimshaw" and "Argle bargle"
    Oh yeah the extreme upset that other people being vegan causes.

The description of traits held by every nationality as an Irish thing.

Advertisement