Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WFP waiting times

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 nedelosion

5678 wrote: »
    Update:

Application received 24/08/18

Received request for more payslips and letter confirming hours from employer 13/11/18

Sent the 8x payslips and letter 19/11/18

First payment received today 24/11/18

From application received to first payment 13 weeks.

No back payment yet just 1x weekly payment today so hopefully a back payment next week to catch up on bills.

Be careful of back payment been paid to social welfare....i am same as you got letter 17th nov looking for payslips ive them sent off vut as ive changed job i have to be treated as new claim....payment i was entitled to between 24th august and chamge of job end of oct was paid to social welfare as i claimed stamps days i wasnt working .. got right land

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

nedelosion wrote: »
    Be careful of back payment been paid to social welfare....i am same as you got letter 17th nov looking for payslips ive them sent off vut as ive changed job i have to be treated as new claim....payment i was entitled to between 24th august and chamge of job end of oct was paid to social welfare as i claimed stamps days i wasnt working .. got right land
    If you had an overpayment (you got money that you weren’t entitled to) then it’s logical for SW to take that money back. It’s not SW’s money. It’s belonging to the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭macnug

5678 wrote: »
    Update:

Application received 24/08/18

Received request for more payslips and letter confirming hours from employer 13/11/18

Sent the 8x payslips and letter 19/11/18

First payment received today 24/11/18

From application received to first payment 13 weeks.

No back payment yet just 1x weekly payment today so hopefully a back payment next week to catch up on bills.

Yea you get your back pay on second or third week usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

Any more up to date wait times? I emailed but no response as of yet, I just don't have the time to call during office hours

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Has anyone renewed lately? What have the wait times been?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

happy12 3 wrote: »
    I posted mine on the 15th of October, I called them this morning to see if they received it. They said they received it on the 23rd and at the moment there is a 6-7 week backlog.

Any news

• Registered Users Posts: 21 happy12 3

raselekate wrote: »
    Any news

No nothing yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 happy12 3

Have just been on to them, they are dealing with the 16th of October at the minute.

happy12 3 wrote: »
    Have just been on to them, they are dealing with the 16th of October at the minute.

That’s very bad.

Jesus mine is still about eight weeks off then!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Jesus mine is still about eight weeks off then!!!

Same boat as you I applied in first week in December

I received a letter today in the post dated 21/12 saying that my application had been received and that there is a very big backlog and they would be in contact if they require anything else

I received a letter today in the post dated 21/12 saying that my application had been received and that there is a very big backlog and they would be in contact if they require anything else

Snap received the same today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭2013Lara

Has anyone done renewals lately? Ours is up for renewal in January , so I’m expecting a renewal form soon, do they take as long to process?

Any luck with your renewal? Our last payment was yesterday and still no word.

I got a form a few days after I posted this, and got a letter in December about our renewal and rate. There was no lapse in payment

I got a form a few days after I posted this, and got a letter in December about our renewal and rate. There was no lapse in payment

Thanks a mill. Wonder what the delay with ours is so.

Did you get the renewal form a few weeks ago? When I emailed on 13-12 I got a reply saying they were dealing with renewals for 2/1

Did you get the renewal form a few weeks ago? When I emailed on 13-12 I got a reply saying they were dealing with renewals for 2/1

We did and confirmation that it was recieved weeks ago.

Any recent updates? Really feeling the pinch now, savings are basically gone.... Could really do with it being processed in the next few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 40BalesOfHay

My application was sent end of October & WFP registered it into the system 5th of November.

I received the letter Today (dated 16th of January) notifying me that my WFP was awarded.

I actually received my back pay along with my first payment all together yesterday.

My WFP is down as starting 8th of November so it looks like I missed out on 2 weeks of it.

Anyone know if this is usual or should I contact them about the two missing weeks?

• Advertisement

It is backdated to the first Thursday after they received it which was November eighth for you so it seems correct

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Anyone share any information on how they come to a figure using a P60 if employment only started in the last weeks of the year? OH only was paid for the final 3 weeks of last year and due to the nature of his job, he worked significantly more hours than he does now in the New Year (we're talking a drop of 15 or more hours each week now). Will supplying more recent payslips indicate this? His wage this week is about €250 less than the "average" weekly wage calculated from his P60 :(

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Anyone share any information on how they come to a figure using a P60 if employment only started in the last weeks of the year? OH only was paid for the final 3 weeks of last year and due to the nature of his job, he worked significantly more hours than he does now in the New Year (we're talking a drop of 15 or more hours each week now). Will supplying more recent payslips indicate this? His wage this week is about €250 less than the "average" weekly wage calculated from his P60 :(
    They base it on the p60 from your priovous year.pay slips are to indicate your still working.
    When you're been reviewed at end of the year this year's p60 will form the basis of the following years payment.
    The drop in hour's won't be taking into account only the change in tax paid when been reviewed

Will they request new p60s from everyone now that it is a bit into 2019

Will they request new p60s from everyone now that it is a bit into 2019

Do you mean request P60s from people who have applications pending?

splinter65 wrote: »
    Do you mean request P60s from people who have applications pending?

Yes, I sent mine in late Nov/early December and just wondering if a new p60 will be requested or will the paperwork sent in suffice. I have no problem sending 2018s, but it could still be a number of weeks before that is issued

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

ShaShaBear wrote: »

When we first applied we had this same issue
    We applied using a few payslips
    They came to the calculation he would be earning almost 150 per week more than he was as when he started it was a rush to finish a job.
    We appealed with further payslips to show this and a letter from boss and were approved the appeal

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

When we first applied we had this same issue
    We applied using a few payslips
    They came to the calculation he would be earning almost 150 per week more than he was as when he started it was a rush to finish a job.
    We appealed with further payslips to show this and a letter from boss and were approved the appeal

I don't know what we're going to do, he only worked 3 weeks of 2018 and out of those three weeks, one pay was with double time and a bonus for working Xmas Eve but it's not even close - most weeks he doesn't make half of the average from those three weeks of December :( Hopefully an appeal is an option!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Missy99

My application was sent end of October & WFP registered it into the system 5th of November.

I received the letter Today (dated 16th of January) notifying me that my WFP was awarded.

I actually received my back pay along with my first payment all together yesterday.

My WFP is down as starting 8th of November so it looks like I missed out on 2 weeks of it.

Anyone know if this is usual or should I contact them about the two missing weeks?

Did they ask you for payslips?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Missy99

Does anyone know what month they are processing now? They sent me a letter in December that they received my application on dec 10th

Advertisement