Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

My happy is likely several others TA but ...

I drove into a busy supermarket carpark and went towards the back to get a space. On the way I drove past several cars seemingly parked on the wrong side of the road so I overtook them and got a space. I realised walking back that the drivers were actually in a queue for a space so I became intently preoccupied with my phone. 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Fresh Popcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 6,170 ✭✭✭Archeron

A good scone can be a thing of beauty

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

My lime trees are in full bloom, the scent is divine and the trees are almost vibrating from all the buzzing bees.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Good neighbours

A courier asked me to keep a package for my neighbour which I did. I never saw them around for a few days

I dropped it in last night and this evening coming home I was handed a bar of Lindt chocolate. Lindt is good stuff!

And it is a very simple TH but wholesome!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Scipri0

I remember i had to go on a fast but i had scones with butter and raspberry jam and toast and it tasted so good that i still remember it to this day!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Bredabe

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! overcast with showers here. The coolness is lifegiving.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

I saw a gorgeous peacock blue "beautiful demoiselle" damselfly today, it was dancing among the lower branches at shoulder level.

It pays off to keep your eyes peeled. 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,714 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Really didn't want to mow my parents' lawn today.

So was glad to see the rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭appledrop

This 100%. My husband has a back condition so needs a very good mattress. One of my friends nearly had a heart attack when I told her how much it costs, but you get 8-10 years out of it and spend 1/ 3 of your day in bed.

Coming back from a sun holiday and breathing in that fresh air when you leave Dublin airport.

Don't get me wrong love the sun on holiday but couldn't live and try and work in that heat all summer.

Two older ladies were ahead of me in local supermarkets, they were discussing what they were there to buy.

One said she was wiped out financially by the grandkids demanding ice pops in this weather, so she was headed to the mark down section to get as many bottles of squash as she could to make ice pops for them.

I wish I had had the wisdom of those grannies.

Post edited by Bredabe on

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,174 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Yep. Let your money follow your time.

TH that I get to wear my Armani Aviators. The one decent thing about this wretched season.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Getting four loads of holidays clothes washed, dried and put away in one day, very unusual for Irish weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,807 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Booking not one but a couple of trips this week.

The first of the new potatoes from the garden. Steamed and served with loads of salt and butter. Absolutely incredible.

Got a Thai curry last night with a big chunk of unmixed chilli powder, which had me running around like Homer when he ate the insanity pepper. Water does nothing. Tears streaming down my face, which was like a tomato. But it was worth it because my nose (which is congested a lot at the moment due to pollen) felt amazingly clear afterwards.

Found someone who can fix my ancient walking sandals for less than 20€.

• Advertisement

found the remote control for my pedestal fan…. After some time of annoyance believing it was lost to the depths of the in house Bermuda Triangle and I’d be having to get up and down to turn on and turn off and adjust the speed / rotation etc….couldn’t be having that.. !

• Registered Users Posts: 40,153 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

The Blood Donor episode of Hancocks Half Hour has just started on BBC4.

A pint! That's very nearly an armful.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,220 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Saw the tiniest little baby swimming with his/her parents - so small could hardly see the baby in the ring float. And the bit that amused me was when they finished and lifted the baby out the water. The baby was still kicking away in mid air! Pure nature at work.

It did occur to me that little baby will could be swimming well into their 80's and beyond. Swimming is for life.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Walking into the garden and picking a big juicy sweet strawberry and eating it

Oodles of strawberries on plants this year and so sweet from the sun

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Made life a small bit easier for another driver by giving him an opportunity to turn right, in heavy traffic, and he acknowledged it.

I always acknowledge if someone does something like that, but more often than not, people carry on as though it's nothing.

So, well done, that man. 😁

Nice day today with a friend for a pub lunch. Food really was delicious…

tomorrow shall be lazy, cricket on TV, nothing to do….perfect

Browsing notifications from Freecycle this am, so many notifications giving away this year's leaving cert book, I can almost hear the relief from the poster that they have that ordeal over.

Th the sleep recovering exam heads this am.

Or the ones where you give them an opportunity to pull out and their staring off into the distance, everywhere but you. It can get annoying sometimes as some people have the slow reactions of a sloth.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Duvet Day

I did this during the week, both sides stopped to let me out and I was in my own world, no one more annoyed than myself tbh.

• Advertisement

Gotta be more quicker and alert next time! haha

Advertisement