Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

Phibes behind bars funnily enough.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,359 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I just remembered that Black Books exists a few days ago. Watched some clips on YouTube. Cracker show.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users Posts: 13,406 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I'm on my holliers and there are turtle eggs due to hatch on our beach this week 😃😃😃

• Registered Users Posts: 13,433 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Very trivial, since its a long time before I was born , but reading about Ronnie Delaney’s gold medal in 1956 at the olympics . He was early 20’s and seemingly it had the best 1500m field ever assembled . Good man !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,837 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Ikea…

You can pay 5/6 euros per pint glass to other retailers….Guinness, Heineken, Carlsberg or whatever insignia on them and those designs..

Ikea… 1.20 per glass with nothing on them…. So I just bought 5 earlier. 6 euros vs 30 or so….

• Registered Users Posts: 13,028 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I found a Snickers ice cream in my freezer.

I thought I'd eaten all of them in the multi pack 🤗

To thine own self be true

That I actually made it bed last night and slept till 10 minutes ago . It's nice not waking up on the sofa

• Registered Users Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Saw a guy telling a Concern chugger to "F*CK OFF" in a very loud voice today.

Great to see people standing up to bullies.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

When i hear a song from a band I like decades ago. Like 50 [years, not decades !] !!, that haven't heard for a LONG time, but I can still remember the words and the timing. I do not claim to be a good singer, but this is real good for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,599 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Having a cup of coffee in the city on a quiet Saturday morning on my own, and miles away mentally and physically from kids family, in-laws, work, Todo lists, ..😁

Someone doing sudoku puzzles etc on an actual paper on public transport. Also, having access to decent public transport. And public transport when not using it to goto work. 😁

My mother told me a story about my daughter when she was 3 . I use to bring them to a crèche. And then home for dinner . Anyway granny was saying to my daughter why wasn’t she eating her dinner. The answer “ I’ve no fcuking spoon “ 😀😀😀

• Registered Users Posts: 13,406 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I missed the turtles hatching but saw our resident croc today!

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Goodigal

On hols in the not so sunny south east, boys still asleep, and rain drumming down on the roof of the mobile home, but lying on the couch with a good book, and nowhere to be. Perfect!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Despite it threatening to rain several times today I got a line of towels dried 🤗

I can hear bullfinches, but I can't see them. Thanks to the Merlin app, I now know the sound of a bullfinch.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Scipri0

Catching the last of the suns rays while it lasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,143 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I remember as a very young boy digging a couple of holes and putting horse chestnuts in them.

Just doing a bit of gardening there and admiring how they have grown

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Unless my eyes (or my screen) deceive me, those aren't horse chestnuts. Sycamores, maybe? Good looking trees, though.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I hope the weather improves but that sounds like absolute bliss. 😊

I think you might be right.

Maybe my memory is worse than I thought. 🤣

I planted something there anyway 🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭ThePentagon

When you're walking along a road and you see up ahead a person/people walking in the opposite direction whom you know and whom you don't want to meet and talk to, e.g. a co-worker, acquaintance, ex-partner, even friends - someone you wish to avoid for whatever reason.

You're anticipating a strained and awkward interaction but it's only when you come closer to them that you realise you're mistaken and it's actually a complete stranger. Such relief! This happened to me earlier today and I almost felt like thanking the stranger in question for not being who I thought they were 😆

Got my electricity bill and I'm still in credit.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The neighbors calico cat running over to me and chirping at me 😄

Getting a much needed haircut.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭thomil

Being able to cycle to town for my lunch break again 😍 I really missed that!

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Goodigal

Not trivial but was lucky enough to be at the All Ireland final today. Tension. Excitement. And pure joy at the final whistle 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭ThePentagon

My sisters were over today visiting with their small kids and it reminded me - there's few things that make me happier than the sublime silence that comes over the whole house just after they've closed the front door when they leave for home 😄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,871 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

the local LIDL got in there version of the 'Calipos' again

smaller and no Strawberry mind you but nice to have them back

Advertisement