Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,834 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

More summer clothes shopping turned into summer and winter clothes shopping, one of my favourite labels had shirts T-shirts and jackets seriously discounted so I’m sorted for all the year and beyond, didn’t need the winter coat and jacket but when you like something 🫣……..anyhoo be it artic winter or mediterranean summer….im covered…

🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Watched the pilot episode of Knight Rider tonight. First time seeing this episode since 1983. Great entertainment. Fantastic release - https://turbine-shop.de/32647/knight-rider-limited-40th-anniversary-edition-23-blu-rays

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭mikemac2

TH´d at a super product that solved an issue

All my life I struggled with perspiration. Just walking a few minutes to a bus stop on a moderately sunny day and I'd be sweating. A nightmare if I've a suit and tie for a job interview and had to a get a train or bus or walk somewhere.

There is a product called Driclor. Industrial strength so it is. Sold in chemists. It's not for everyday just top up once in a while. It is stings a bit but it's not so bad

The stuff is magic I tell ya , changed my life! 😊

Call out from the tech team of a company I’m doing business with to upgrade the service…

given a call out time between 12pm and 1pm

arrived at 12.05 finished by 1.20

two superbly nice, professional and efficient individuals…

took me through what they did to make sure it’s everything I requested wanted and needed…

tested it there and then with diagnostic equipment and print out of results…

showed me that they conducted a thorough clean up, as they had to do some drilling of a wall….

• Registered Users Posts: 6,901 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

I use Anhydrol Forte, probably something similar. I remember using it the first few times, pits were fire. Worked but not worth the pain. Not to be used as you would a normal roll on. Only a few gentle dabs is needed.

If I were to apply it on a Sunday night, then wash the area the following morning, it wouldn’t get reapplied till Wednesday night. Never suffer from sweaty pits. This might help you…or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I blocked off this weekend to finish up some work for my IT course, thurs I sit down to assess what will need most work so I can prioritise it all for the deadline.

1. This prog doesn't work as the corresponding prog in the system needs reviewing and the prog owners are taking days to respond to the query as to why I cant change the purchase card no on the system.
    2. Waiting on clarifying material from an external source so there is no point in revising the other part of this material as its not on the priorities list.
    3. No prob with this prog except that the material I need to learn the questions is on a different screen(I'll forget what was on the instructions screen by the time I get back to the function screen) and I don't have the ink to print that material off(photos don't work as well bc of the size of the shot)

This is the universes way of telling me to take the weekend off, isn't it?😁

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

A puncture… ok why am I not posting this in TA then ? Because the alert on the dash came when we are 40 seconds away from fast fit and about 15 minutes before they close. 🥳🙈

My ex beau old flame being all worried about me on my night out and genuine worried not like he didnt want me to go out and have fun. Can only wish for someone like that ☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭hayrabit

are you a bot @[Deleted User] / @Trey Polite Succotash ??

how can you change names so often??

i be TH when i find out the answer 👁️‍🗨️

Why would you care about my username?

Maybe you're the robot if it's stuff like that that makes you happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That I’m now confident enough to fart without worrying it’s really a Shart . It’s been a while 😡

I usually just binge on quiz shows during the afternoon , but now I’ve discovered Irelands Smartest

cos it just don't scan heather , or whatever ur username is !

us here; we all smell shenanigans - summat strange afoot on this website no doubt 😣

Why are you talking like that? Lol

Can you tell me what accent I'm meant to read it in?

didn't work out for me when i had accounts usernames various 🙂

fair play so - looks like you beat system 'ev 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭sporina

not that trivial - got clamped won the appeal woo hoo..

squeaky wheel gets the oil woo hoo.. €125 back in the bank

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

A great song, sung/played by the person who wrote it and backed by great musicians. Even better live. One of the best and deepest experiences in life.

Post edited by SuperBowserWorld on

• Registered Users Posts: 16,131 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

The weather here is nice enough right now that when I'm working from home I sit next to the balcony with the door fully open, listening the the birds in the trees outside. I'm on the third floor but the trees out back are tall enough to cover my view. Occasionally I see a squirrel in them.

I can't be bothered going the to trivially annoying thread but my TA is the pigeon that **** on my balcony. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Not having to listen to shite DJs on shite Dublin radio stations.👍😁

It might be only Tuesday but it’s been a shît busy week in terms of dealing with different businesses but the positive is when I’m dealing with complete and utter brilliant, competent , helpful, communicative workmen and employees life is very very easy……

It’s probably the same one that shíts on my car every time I get it washed . 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Walking on a path close to work yesterday a georg silver/white/striped cat walks over to me meowing, as I know cats only do this for humans attention, I step for a chat. Cat lets me rub its tail and ears and we have a small chat but every time cat hears a specific kind of car on the road they turn away from me like I don't exist.

Long time since I met such a beautiful cat to put me so easily in my place.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

One of the hobs on the cooker hasn’t worked in 4 years…. When you push the knob and turn it it just makes a repetitive sparking noise… I spilled some sauce into it an hour ago so gave it a thorough cleaning after I ate… it’s now working again… when it stopped working it obviously was thoroughly cleaned but not until I spill stuff in it does it decide to work again 😝

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Getting clothes dried outside in the sunshine. 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Archeron

I just ate a Double Decker with such enthusiasm that my fitbit shook with that 'You have met your step goal for the day' message.

Heh heh, yeah, but not for why you think Meester Fitbit

• Registered Users Posts: 13,828 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Caffreys just released these... Happy is an understatement. I'm in love. Here's hoping for a salted caramel version!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭sporina

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,352 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I've always hesitated when it comes to going to Amsterdam as it's always too pricey. Just said feck it and booked a few days for the week after next.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Advertisement