Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,961 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I sometimes get breakfast at McDonalds, and collect those stickers from the cups for a free coffee. Today I remembered I had a filled card in my wallet, but it had an expiry date some time in 2021. Would the girl behind the counter accept it? Well, not only did I get a cappuccino, she gave the card back to me, so I get to use it again. 🥤

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 13,437 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

When you said ‘Caffery’s’ I thought you meant the beer 😡

Standing at the edge of an internal mountain....looking back for a second...almost ready to jump down 😊 ie ready to not give a **** what anyone else says.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭hayrabit

female tennis players playing tennis 😃❤️

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Archeron

Went for a sunny beer garden pint today and there was a tiny little zebra jumping spider doing laps of the table. Beautiful little creature and happy to pose for a photo. Terrified of sunglasses though for some reason 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Goodigal

I go for a walk with my 11 year old before school most days in the local park. This morning we saw 3 cygnets leaving the nest with their mam. Was so cute, and such a lovely morning to witness them tumbling over in their excitement to keep up with the mammy! We loved it!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,838 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Watching a climate change shaftivist getting a smack of a very large, very heavy and very nimble camera rig…

watching and reading the online fallout and these attention seeking clowns are losing support hand over fist.

Not only this incident but countless others too where they are endangering the public by interfering with traffic, interfering with aviation, interfering with live sporting events….. they’ve not done what is a legitimate premise and concern any benefit…. When you start putting people in actual danger you start loosing the crowd.

the danger to them is if they try it at something less controlled, say a rock gig…. ( I doubt they’d have the stones but anyway ) It might not be a quick thinking camera operator that will be their worry…a few hundred / few thousand rockers won’t be enamoured with their experience and money heading down the drain… might need to get some health / life insurance before they start with that but….

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭mrslancaster

A heron visited our garden and perched itself on the table. Stayed for quite a while. Never saw one so close up before. Beautiful.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Mod - Reminder, can we keep to the spirit of the thread please - trivial things that make you happy.

There are plenty of other places on boards such as CA for the heavier stuff.

Thanks

Hilda

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Walking around Dublin City Centre recently and spotted actor Dan Stevens on a bicycle on Wicklow Street. He looked very un-Downton like in his oversized tie dye hoody and long earring but it was definitely him. TH to spot him and also be reminded how you can easily celeb spot in Dublin if you keep your eyes open ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Not a TA or a TH but a curiosity just the same.

A few weeks ago I found the no of a localish leaf reader and sent a message, I messaged years ago and never got a response but i was in the mood to push it then.

One of the girls wants a "fortune teller" at her pre baby party and it was up to me to organise, this guy has a long waiting list but put us on the cancellation list. If we waited for a solid appointment date it would be too late for the party.

I found myself consistently checking the email these two had over a week and today one messaged to confirm a reading! I could easily have missed it as its my throwaway email.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

That’s cool. I remember a few years ago I was working in a big shed and mammy bird was teaching me chicks to fly . She’d carry them high up and drop them and catch them until they flew. It was amazing and scary in equal measures

• Registered Users Posts: 6,786 ✭✭✭sporina

sunshine - i'm thriving.. more than usual.. love it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The neighbors calico cat who normally runs away from me came to visit today and let me pet them and I was dangling string in front of them and they were going mental trying to catch it 😄.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,143 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Two week old foal almost glued to mammy.

Smile for the family photo! 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 21,835 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Beautiful picture ☺️

TH , this weather, makes everything seems much better.

Sweet potato and poached eggs for lunch!

I just scored 100+ in my game of Words with Friends 😬😬😬

• Registered Users Posts: 13,028 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Every winter I post in TA that I have to get up earlier to allow time to put on the winter layers.

These days I get a little lie in because I have only one layer to throw on 😊

To thine own self be true

I worked out a way to hang my clothes out . Put the basket on top of the bin and wheel it over.

• Advertisement

Chatting to my wee buck about Jurassic Park being on tv . And realising it’s his Star Wars 😬

• Registered Users Posts: 16,422 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

3 loads of laundry washed, line dried in no time, and ironed where necessary. This includes bed linen which now has the lovely fresh smell from drying outdoors.

I'm just raging I had already made the bed before they dried. 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭wildwillow

That I have no vested interest this year in that awful exam, the Leaving Cert. No children, students, not invigilating, correcting or even reading for pupils with special needs.

But I dread that my grandchildren will face the same unchanged experience in ten years time.

Post edited by wildwillow on

This tweet I read today,

the poster was woken up by horrible protracted screaming at the back of her house, when she and the rest of the estate looked out to see what was causing the sound, it was a fox sliding down and running up the steps of a child's slide in one of the gardens.

I like to think this was mummy fox's way to unwind from a day with her kits.

I won a £10 on the lottery, and for once I actually made money . About £6 😷

I left my wallet in the shop, and the girl behind the counter is after knocking the door to give it to me . Still good people in the world 😷😷

• Registered Users Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I took a half day and got the 4 jobs I’ve been procrastinating over all week done!

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭dontmindme

Every night when I get into bed I'm glad I spent the money on a really great mattress.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,874 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Falafel.

A good falafel wrap makes me happy. Also, falafel and eggs is surprisingly amazing! Try it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

While we're at it, barely fried eggs (still very soft) with a pinch of salt and a drizzle of excellent quality balsamic vinegar.

Advertisement