Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JOBS IN WATERFORD.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'm just pissed off that I had to go looking for an answer, how hard is it to send out a circular to the unsuccessful

• Registered Users Posts: 37,905 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I'm just pissed off that I had to go looking for an answer, how hard is it to send out a circular to the unsuccessful

Ur just a number to them.keep ur head up man. I'm only in my job now cause my late mother just knew the boss. It's only part time but it's been a happy 7 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭shayp83

At this day and age its too easy for them too reply in many different forms, Even a text or an e-mail with do, its just unprofessional to not inform people

• Registered Users Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

shayp83 wrote: »
    At this day and age its too easy for them too reply in many different forms, Even a text or an e-mail with do, its just unprofessional to not inform people

After the interview stage i would agree that is somewhat ignorant to have to chase for an answer.

But with the amount of people applying for single jobs these days it's too time consuming to reply to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭aaaaaaaahhhhhh

Nuts102 wrote: »
    But with the amount of people applying for single jobs these days it's too time consuming to reply to everyone.

Isn't this why Bill invented mail merge???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

It's very unprofessional not to acknowledge or let candidates know they weren't successful. No excuse when they can send an email or even put an advert in the local newspapers like some companies do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Hard luck. I wonder how many of these new workers are related to higher ups or other workers there. I must of done something bad that anytime I apply for a job nobody gets back to me . Makes u wonder why do u even bother

Seriously? With an attitude like that you would never get a call for interview.

And what makes you think that people get jobs through relations or other staff like what you said about Hasbro?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 blaagirl03

STIG83 wrote: »

And what makes you think that people get jobs through relations or other staff like what you said about Hasbro?

Waterford is most definitely a WHO you know not WHAT you know county. Wish they would teach you how to network with the right people in school. Would have saved me 6 plus years in college, unnecessary debt and stress over exams to be only offered jobs that don't pay and zero prospects!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 blaagirl03

Waterford is most definitely a WHO you know not WHAT you know county. Wish they would teach you how to network with the right people in school. Would have saved me 6 plus years in college, unnecessary debt and stress over exams to be only offered jobs that don't pay and zero prospects!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭kieranfitz

blaagirl03 wrote: »

But how would they fit that in around dead languages and religious indoctrination classes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭JourneyMan8

don't blame the lad, hard to be positive when you don't even get acknowledgement from companies time after time.

it is widely known that places like Hasbro hire through relations/friends etc(not only this way obviously). I have 5 friends that got jobs there because of each other. anyone who says it don't happen is lying to themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,905 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

don't blame the lad, hard to be positive when you don't even get acknowledgement from companies time after time.

it is widely known that places like Hasbro hire through relations/friends etc(not only this way obviously). I have 5 friends that got jobs there because of each other. anyone who says it don't happen is lying to themselves.

I just wish my bad luck ends some day and I get a good job but it's just so hard to be positive when u know its a case where it's you against Mary's neice or nephew ( not always the case)

I had a Interview for a local electronics company and it was a crap interview the guy really put me off by talking about sport too much and really not giving a ****. They went for someone with experience.

I had an interview for eishtec through Hartley people and didn't get past the first stage. Maybe I was too educated or not good looking enough lol.

That's life I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Shutch1989

PTH2009 I am new to Boards, can you send me a quick pm. I know exactly how you feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 officejet57

Anyone know of any jobs going in waterford? Just finoished my Leaving cert desperate for a summer job

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

Anyone know what Schivo are like to work for? PM me if you'd prefer! The more honest the better! My husband is looking for something for ages as he can't stay in his miserable job for much longer before he cracks up! And me along with him!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 afee_wils2011

nikkibikki wrote: »
    Anyone know what Schivo are like to work for? PM me if you'd prefer! The more honest the better! My husband is looking for something for ages as he can't stay in his miserable job for much longer before he cracks up! And me along with him!

I have heard from someone worked there it's a s***hole. Money is terrible too!!!

My husband was the same one dump to another but then he got a job in Bausch and Lomb and loves it. Tell him to keep looking

I'v wondered lately why all companies/factories/pubs/shops whatever don't advertise here on boards they have a position open... at least then everybody would know where to look to find all jobs available as of right now. its free, takes two seconds. get more views than in your shop window.

On the face of it, it would be a good idea .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

I'v wondered lately why all companies/factories/pubs/shops whatever don't advertise here on boards they have a position open... at least then everybody would know where to look to find all jobs available as of right now. its free, takes two seconds. get more views than in your shop window.

In fairness you can't say at least everybody would know, because not everybody who's looking for work is a member of boards.ie

Sure there's a lot of companies that just advertise on their own websites its most definitely an employers market.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

There's a CE scheme position that's opened up in Cill Barra in Ballybeg.
    They're looking for a fitness/gym assistant with at least a FETAC level 4/5 in fitness studies/gym instruction.

Closing date is June 18th.

Here's their Facebook post about it. https://www.facebook.com/cillbarragym/posts/455565124611594

• Advertisement

In fairness you can't say at least everybody would know, because not everybody who's looking for work is a member of boards.ie

Sure there's a lot of companies that just advertise on their own websites its most definitely an employers market.

but when someone is looking for a job, there is not one designated place they can go to see everything that's available. the jobs websites aren't great.

the most annoying thing is when a place advertises on their own website, you'd get more views and word of mouth sharing from somewhere like here. look at the views on this thread, 510,000 people.

for example a certain pub advertised on their facebook page a few months back, the page was liked by no more than 200 people, it got 4 likes and shares.

Word of mouth would tend to spread from here.

waterfordjobs.ie is an annoying site with positions constantly being bumped.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Always found jobs.ie the most frustrating job site, showing the same jobs for 6/7 months in Youghal, Clonmel etc. Even when you search Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭shayp83

Done deal advertise jobs now and its free to post

• Registered Users Posts: 6 officejet57

Anyone know of any jobs going?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

Sky are looking for a Business Development Executive (B2B) for the Waterford, Kilkenny and Wexford area.
    https://bskyb.taleo.net/careersection/bskyb_external/jobdetail.ftl?job=24650&src=JB-10900

• Registered Users Posts: 3 elitza

Hello everyone,
    I've just came to Waterford and desperately need a job. I spent the days in the city centre, giving my CV everywhere but nothing happens. There seems to be lots of non irish and black people here and they seem to be employed! I can work like a kitchen worker, in a cafe, catering or in cleaning, or in a factory...whatever! Nobody call even for an interview. ..so, if you guys have some useful information, don't hesitate to contact me. I feel like a creep...but I really like Ireland!

elitza wrote: »
    Hello everyone,
    I've just came to Waterford and desperately need a job. I spent the days in the city centre, giving my CV everywhere but nothing happens. There seems to be lots of non irish and black people here and they seem to be employed! I can work like a kitchen worker, in a cafe, catering or in cleaning, or in a factory...whatever! Nobody call even for an interview. ..so, if you guys have some useful information, don't hesitate to contact me. I feel like a creep...but I really like Ireland!

Please keep this stuff inside your head. The nationality and race of people is irrelevant to your chances of getting a job. In fact if you're white and Irish you should have a better chance of employment no?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 elitza

Please keep this stuff inside your head. The nationality and race of people is irrelevant to your chances of getting a job. In fact if you're white and Irish you should have a better chance of employment no?
    I appreciate your advice but all I mean was that there are a lot of foreign people who seem to be employed here and hopefully I will find a good job ASAP. And yes, of course if you are Irish you have a better chance finding a job in Ireland, than in Romania. ..and vice versa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭saintchrisburg

Saw a "staff wanted" flyer up at Sports Savers at Arundel Square today, for anybody looking for a retail job.

Advertisement