Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JOBS IN WATERFORD.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,815 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Try Hasbro there looking for people

Would not mind a job in Hasbro but I'd have no chance. No manufacturing experience and my highest education is a third level higher cert. I have a part time retail job but it won't pay the bills forever. Best of luck to anyone applying for Hasbro.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭madfcuker

PTH2009 wrote: »

Would not mind a job in Hasbro but I'd have no chance. No manufacturing experience and my highest education is a third level higher cert. I have a part time retail job but it won't pay the bills forever. Best of luck to anyone applying for Hasbro.

I worked in hasbro a number of years back. Only had my leaving cert and didn't have any manufacturing experience. Had some laugh out there for the summer. Nice shifts and meet some really nice people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

madfcuker wrote: »
    I worked in hasbro a number of years back. Only had my leaving cert and didn't have any manufacturing experience. Had some laugh out there for the summer. Nice shifts and meet some really nice people.

I been there 2 years, going in again soon for this season.
    I enjoy it there, got to know a lot of the staff.

What shift you worked on? I work the evenings.
    Some of the donkeys I seen working there anyone has a chance to get in.

PTH2009 wrote: »

Apply away, don't need experience for a General Op, once you get through the test to see how fast you can work with your hands you will be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭mr.noobie

STIG83 wrote: »
    Apply away, don't need experience for a General Op, once you get through the test to see how fast you can work with your hands you will be grand.

Where do you apply?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭kingsofoffaly

What kind of tests ?

mr.noobie wrote: »
    Where do you apply?

Online on their website. Before the 7th May

What kind of tests ?

Kind of like an aptitude test.

You have a board in front of you with holes in it, and a load of pegs and washers and you are timed to see how fast you put the pegs on the board and can only use one hand at time and you are swapped hands too.

You have a board in front of you with holes in it, and a load of pegs and washers and you are timed to see how fast you put the pegs on the board and can only use one hand at time and you are swapped hands too.

Hmm interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Presumably they'll just pick those who have already done this gig. They might as well send out a circular.

As an old hand can you tell me what the evening shift hours are and is the hourly rate higher? I see they advertise "up to 25 hours per week" for that.

• Advertisement

Presumably they'll just pick those who have already done this gig. They might as well send out a circular.

As an old hand can you tell me what the evening shift hours are and is the hourly rate higher? I see they advertise "up to 25 hours per week" for that.

They take on new staff as well as call back their regular staff, some of them on evenings are there 20 years.
    Evenings are 25 hours, work Mon til Thurs.
    You start off at around 10 an hour, but if there so long it increases a bit and if you packing or feeding the line it extra again.

They take on new staff as well as call back their regular staff, some of them on evenings are there 20 years.
    Evenings are 25 hours, work Mon til Thurs.
    You start off at around 10 an hour, but if there so long it increases a bit and if you packing or feeding the line it extra again.

I applied there today for a summer job. So see if I'll get answered.

I applied there today for a summer job. So see if I'll get answered.

Best of luck, when I got in there it was very fast: got a phone call on a Wednesday to come in Thursday afternoon for interview and got call next day to offer me the job to start the following Monday!!

Best of luck, when I got in there it was very fast: got a phone call on a Wednesday to come in Thursday afternoon for interview and got call next day to offer me the job to start the following Monday!!

Well I'm doing exams right now, so hoping it will be something for the summer, would be a good experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭inna981

Online on their website. Before the 7th May

Hi,
    How would I apply to Hasbro, I can't find any links.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭saintchrisburg

inna981 wrote: »
    Hi,
    How would I apply to Hasbro, I can't find any links.
    Thanks

www.hasbro.ie, then at the bottom left it has a big blue "Apply for Jobs" button

I say a lot lot of people have applied to hasbros for a job

Has anybody heard from Hasbro yet or is it early days still?

Today is closing day for applications so the most you will have by now is an acknowledgement of the app being filled out.

Ahh okay probably another week so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Maxol on the Dunmore Road are looking for someone for the Deli. Sign on the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Markdwire

I'd love a menial sort of job like stacking shelfs or washing cars.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 156 ✭✭Endthescam

Is Waterford booming again like Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭albert kidd

Endthescam wrote: »
    Is Waterford booming again like Dublin?

i wouldnt say booming.

but you can see things are slowly starting to happen again here,thankfully.

Booming? :pac: At best you can hear fingernails scrapping at the coffin lid.

It seems to be, my friend had a interview for a new company there on friday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Booming? :pac: At best you can hear fingernails scrapping at the coffin lid.
    Bull****. There is no coffin. There's still a long way to go but I genuinely believe Waterford has a bright future in store. I can only speak from personal experience but there's already a huge amount of tourists around. With the summer covered by the usual tourists and Christmas somewhat improved by Winterval tourists from all over Ireland, I think Waterford is becoming a big name again. Obviously I can only speak for one industry but things are on the up for Waterford city & county. I had some American customers in tonight who had passed through Dungarvan and were very enamoured with it. I had another couple on their last night in Ireland, yet to hear traditional Irish music and were delighted to find somewhere with live trad music.

As a blow-in myself, despite living here for 16 years, I was only aware of the basics of Waterford history. Recently I was invited to a short tour of the Bishop's Palace and Waterford Museum of Treasures. Suffice to say I was genuinely amazed - not knowing so much was literally inches from where I worked. Waterford has a huge amount to offer and not only to tourists but with a highly skilled workforce from WIT and TSSG also to technical and research roles.

Waterford is only going to get better and better. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Just seen on facebook that a new pub is opening where the front lounge was and they are looking for staff

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Thirsty-Scholar/1572478436368936?fref=ts

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭shayp83

Just seen on facebook that a new pub is opening where the front lounge was and they are looking for staff

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Thirsty-Scholar/1572478436368936?fref=ts

Front lounge, rings a bell but it's a long time since I was on the sauce in town, where might that place be?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

shayp83 wrote: »
    Front lounge, rings a bell but it's a long time since I was on the sauce in town, where might that place be?

Next to the woodman used to be harneys bakery

Advertisement