Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weekend On One With Brendan O'Connor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭golondrinas

I hate that term too, as it can be confused with children. I would personally use the word "petite stature", which implies you are not referring to children but rather people of low physical stature, but condensing it a bit whilst being polite, the word "petite" usually bring used in a complementary sense.

Low stature sounds fair as they are not always petite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Cole

I hate that term too, as it can be confused with children. I would personally use the word "petite stature", which implies you are not referring to children but rather people of low physical stature, but condensing it a bit whilst being polite, the word "petite" usually bring used in a complementary sense.

I heard Sinead Burke use the term "dwarfism" which I presume she uses for her specific condition. I suppose "little people" is an umbrella term, but it sounds really patronising to my ears....but then again I'm not one of those it would be used for.
    Low stature sounds fair as they are not always petite.

"Physical" really needs to be included there or you're into all kinds of other issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,703 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

I think i preferred the Saturday show when there was just one big interview in the first hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Stephanie Preissner on the panel... off button at the ready.

Dan O'Brien quoting Ciara Kelly and referencing American TV news......

Dan O'Brien quoting Ciara Kelly to support his views...emphasising her doctor title:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Dan O'Brien chanelling his inner Trump :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Dan O’Brien quoting Dr. Ciara Kelly.

The tide is turning…

Cole wrote: »
    Dan O'Brien quoting Ciara Kelly to support his views...emphasising her doctor title:rolleyes:

Same Ciara is arguing that hair dressers are essential services

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Dan O'Brien chain continuing

• Registered Users Posts: 32,991 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Why did she say "mostly men".

Did I miss something at start of the show that Would have made that relevant?

• Advertisement

Note to producers if you are reading. I am turning off now specifically coz of presiner. And no I'm not racist or sexist.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Stefanie what’s her name back on again to deliver her words of wisdom...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Stefanie what’s her name back on again to deliver her words of wisdom...

what level of dirt has this lady on the powers that be in RTE ?

a complete dimwit who is never off the air

I take it back - Stephanie has made the most sensible points so far - Level 3/4/5 irrelevant if no enforcement

NIMAN wrote: »
    Why did she say "mostly men".

Did I miss something at start of the show that Would have made that relevant?

I wondered that too. I don't think there was any context...and the obviously "privileged white male" sought no clarification.

Great to hear Stephanie Preissner on again. She’s doing a lot of great work informing the “lay people” about Covid and what’s going on in the real world.

Hope Pat Kenny has her on during the week. Maybe after Prof. Luke O’Neill gives his “input”.

The tide is turning…

Infoanon wrote: »
    I take it back - Stephanie has made the most sensible points so far - Level 3/4/5 irrelevant if no enforcement

Wasnt too bad, I was a bit too hasty! Lesson learnt.

What's happening?...Pressiner making sense and Dan O'Brien sounding like a complete moron

What's happening?...Pressiner making sense and Dan O'Brien sounding like a complete moron

She’s been on top of her “game” regarding Covid. Worth checking out her podcast or “following” her on Instagram.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Dan O'Brien referencing a report that is over a month old, which is an age in the current climate. Lots of countries have introduced more stringent restrictions in the meantime, France brought in a curfew last week. We're nowhere near that yet.

• Advertisement

Finally Dan O'Brien being challenged on his denial of the intensive care capacity here...has done that before

• Registered Users Posts: 19,060 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Infoanon wrote: »

Correct Info, we sensible folk have being saying that long ago, about a lot more than COVID.

PAT DOESNT COMPLY UNLESS HAMMERED IN SOME WAY.

The auld ...Aaaa Shure trick doesn’t work with the clampers.

Once Pat starts gannetting the dhrink in the pub and gets the head stuck in, it’s all over.

Dan o Brien is one of the most astute and fact focussed thinkers in this country

the doctors who spoke after him referred to Dr Anthony Staines , that clown claimed back in march that the situation in hospitals would be akin to a warzone and that the pews would need to be removed from churches in order to turn as much public space as possible into makeshift hospitals

hes a fanatical alarmist

Ah Jaysus...now Michael McNamara

Michael McNamara making perfect sense.

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Dan o Brien is one of the most astute and fact focussed thinkers in this country

I used to think that but a lot of his recent comments on Covid-19 has damaged that. Not because of his viewpoint, but because he can't back them up with facts/figures.

Callan57 wrote: »
    Michael McNamara making perfect sense.

Tyranny - seriously !

Most restrictions? - there's a curfew in France

On about Sweden

Inaccurate and false statement after false statement

Gabrielle setting the record straight

this staines guy has no credibility , just look at his past utterances on how covid would evolve

Brendan panicks the second any conflict arises

• Advertisement

I used to think that but a lot of his recent comments on Covid-19 has damaged that. Not because of his viewpoint, but because he can't back them up with facts/figures.

he absolutely can , he clearly points to ICU numbers and admissions in hospitals

the hospitals are not under pressure

Advertisement