Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weekend On One With Brendan O'Connor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Infoanon wrote: »
    Why is it embarrassing?

Good interview giving a good insight

It was embarrassing to hear such a gobsh1te trying to justify and paper over his many, many gaffes

And of course all the while trying to hawk his latest “jottings on the bog roll” to the ppl of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Cole

Charlie moaning about the "despair" and negativity...he loves it...gives him something to whinge about

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭kazamo

Charlie Bird moaning....life is hard enough as it is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Cole wrote: »
    Ah ffs Charlie Bird's whinging diaries again

Ah poor Charlie, bit like the time he went to the US as the RTE correspondent and got homesick,
    Also got upset because nobody new who he was.

Charlie bird - the original snow flake!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Paul Williams. Another Sindo hack.

He’s trying to explain his gaffes and it’s absolutely embarrassing listening

Kind of but at least he admitted to making them.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,095 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Lot of anger out there today........

Dangerous times......

Another indo hack now!?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,102 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

... and another Indo hack.

• Advertisement

Another Sindo head flogging a book. Who's running that programme?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,095 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Wouldn’t pay too much heed NI.....

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Solli

Whatever about Shane Ross and the Bird, they are Not moaning old whingers like many on here. Interviews are entertaining this morning and BoC has personality too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,552 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

NIMAN wrote: »
    ... and another Indo hack.

Ellen Coyne, looking very well in the paper, in fairness. She found religion after the referendum on the 8th amendment and wrote a book on it. Shame.

The tide is turning…

Ellen Coyne, looking very well in the paper, in fairness. She found religion after the referendum on the 8th amendment and wrote a book on it. Shame.

Shame?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

"I spoken to Justin McAleese and he says that a lot of the priests have issues with their own sexuality. "

How can they just put this out as fact? Has he done a study? Does he just get to say what he wants because he's gay or because he's the ex President's son?

Seems to me like Ellen Coyne will just function as the successor to McAleese, who will take down the Church from the inside. Should be interesting case study to see how it affects her career all the same. I don't think I know any other journalist who would admit to being Catholic.

My word, what absolute rubbish talk from this one

This is such rubbish

Does the producer realize how often BOC gets his own cronies from the indo on air?

Or even care?

I was ready to switch off Ellen Coyne (ever since I heard her offer an 'intellectual' defence of Love Island a while ago), but I found her interview interesting.

Do ye hear that now lads?

Take off your shoes before lying on the bed. Who'd have thunk it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭golondrinas

This one would not have found religion if she couldn’t make money out of it. Her next book finding Buddhism. Tell her Nemo has been found before she gets round to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,665 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Brennan on again hawking his tat, has this lad dirt on someone in montrose or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

BOC would sap the life out of you - his voice is so boring. Could he do sleep aid videos on YouTube?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,665 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Another rte favourite "Dr" Ava

• Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭mojesius

This food nazi on now. Can't even eat your 5 a day without her taking issue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

This one would not have found religion if she couldn’t make money out of it. Her next book finding Buddhism. Tell her Nemo has been found before she gets round to that.

I really don't see how it would be a good career move though. She is used to being on the right/woke side of all the arguments - gay marriage, abortion, feminism. And I can't think that she would have got any of her previous positions if she was a conservative writer, whose writings were in line with the teachings of the Catholic Church. She will be used to having the support of the Twitter echo chamber and the main stream media channels here and being treated as a friendly. Now everything that she writes will be taken in the context of her being a Catholic. She might find a lot of those people who would have backed her when she had the "right" opinions now started to desert her. How long before the first Twitter spat with Colm O'Gorman or Panti!!!

Like I said it should be an interesting case study.

"I spoken to Justin McAleese and he says that a lot of the priests have issues with their own sexuality. "

How can they just put this out as fact? Has he done a study? Does he just get to say what he wants because he's gay or because he's the ex President's son?

Seems to me like Ellen Coyne will just function as the successor to McAleese, who will take down the Church from the inside. Should be interesting case study to see how it affects her career all the same. I don't think I know any other journalist who would admit to being Catholic.

Fair point about McAleese. I kind of admire her for being honest about her beliefs. Like she indicated, it's not the done thing to admit being a Catholic amongst her peers.

This is it. She will no doubt launch a series of these books

“Finding open mic nights”

“Finding sulky racing”

“Finding the perfect old man’s pub”

There’s nobody better than RTÉ to absolutely latch on to these things and flog the life out of them with no mercy.

She will be used to having the support of the Twitter echo chamber and the main stream media channels here and being treated as a friendly. Now everything that she writes will be taken in the context of her being a Catholic.

Fair play to her for stepping outside that (often) vacuous chamber...where it's more about signalling your (supposed) beliefs than actually living by them.

• Advertisement

Cole wrote: »
    Fair play to her for stepping outside that (often) vacuous chamber...where it's more about signalling your (supposed) beliefs than actually living by them.

She is far from a “traditional” catholic going by her own account.

She has serious issues with basic beliefs of the RCC -

No doubt we will see her and gracing the Sindo lifestyle mag wearing rosary beads and nuns outfits...maybe BOC will do a reprise of his unfunny priest act from years ago...

don’t be fooled, this is simply some hack latching on to a gimmicky idea to drum up Christmas book sales

Advertisement