Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Gas* BBQ/Grilling

Options

Comments

PaulKK wrote: »
    Not sure that's the case. It's pretty consistent across different butchers. Some weigh them, some don't. I'm buying them for years.

I've paid anything from 4 to 7.50 or so for a rack of pork ribs, with 4 being their "set price" for a rack.

Average these days is about 6 euro per rack for me.

Pork Belly is also different to pork ribs- more expensive for pork belly

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

I was bringing my old bbq to the recycling centre yesterday. I kept the plates as they are cast iron, I thought they be of use to someone. They are 19 x 10 in. I'm in Dublin 3, free to anyone who wants them

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Pork Belly is also different to pork ribs- more expensive for pork belly
    If you factor in the bones in the price per kilo the pork belly is usually cheaper per kilo of edible meat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Check out your local Polish shop for smoked pork belly. Cut it into 10mm "rashers". Delicious on the BBQ.
    They also have a Knorr seasoning which translates to just "For meat".
    Rub this on first for a flavour explosion.
    It's also fantastic sprinkled on some smoked Polish sausage on the BBQ.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Looking for advice from all you experienced bbq experts. I have a 2 kilo rib of beef in the freezer that I want to bbq for a family get together. The most I've ever done is to cook it in the oven and finish on the bbq. Any advice would be much appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thejaguar

jos28 wrote: »
    I was bringing my old bbq to the recycling centre yesterday. I kept the plates as they are cast iron, I thought they be of use to someone. They are 19 x 10 in. I'm in Dublin 3, free to anyone who wants them

I'd defo be interested - I'll measure up my bbq and get back to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭batman1

Can anyone help me with my sticking issues.? I have a Weber 310 with the GBS grates.
    No matter what i cook it sticks.
    I've tried hotter, oil on the food, sprayed the grates with oil beforehand. Nothing works. I leave the food on a while, as in, I'm not turning it constantly etc.
    Am I doing something wrong or do the grates need seasoning?

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭filbert the fox

batman1 wrote: »
    Can anyone help me with my sticking issues.? I have a Weber 310 with the GBS grates.
    No matter what i cook it sticks.
    I've tried hotter, oil on the food, sprayed the grates with oil beforehand. Nothing works. I leave the food on a while, as in, I'm not turning it constantly etc.
    Am I doing something wrong or do the grates need seasoning?

Don't know what your cooking but bear in mind that caramelisation occurs regularly on marinated foods (esp. with sugar/honey content) better to baste on the warming plate after.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭dball

How often do you replace the lave rocks?
    I had to buy some in April through amazon and they need replacing already i reckon - all gunked up now.

Anyone know a good source for these rocks?
    Or can i use regular charcoal on a gas BBQ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,527 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

dball wrote: »
    How often do you replace the lave rocks?
    I had to buy some in April through amazon and they need replacing already i reckon - all gunked up now.

Anyone know a good source for these rocks?
    Or can i use regular charcoal on a gas BBQ?

No you cant. B&Q sell these, very good.

61D-pQw7bnL._AC_UY218_.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Comerman

The Nal wrote: »
    No you cant. B&Q sell these, very good.

61D-pQw7bnL._AC_UY218_.jpg

Seen these in The Range yesterday, how do you put them on the gas bbq? Do you need a second grate below the main one? Are they wort using? Tia

• Registered Users Posts: 12,527 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Comerman wrote: »
    Seen these in The Range yesterday, how do you put them on the gas bbq? Do you need a second grate below the main one? Are they wort using? Tia

Yes you need a 2nd grate which most new gas BBQs don't have unfortunately. They smell like real charcoal and help create a bit of smoke too

The Nal wrote: »
    Yes you need a 2nd grate which most new gas BBQs don't have unfortunately. They smell like real charcoal and help create a bit of smoke too

Can they be placed straight on top of the gas thingys :-) or on the brackets for the deflectors? There doesn't seem to be much space between there and the main grate.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

The grills lava coals can be used with have a second grate just above the burners. You may not be able to use them depending on your model of bbq (I can't, I don't have the second grate, the burners are mounted high, and there's already a sheet of vented metal to gather drippings and allow turn into smoke)

Tree wrote: »
    The grills lava coals can be used with have a second grate just above the burners. You may not be able to use them depending on your model of bbq (I can't, I don't have the second grate, the burners are mounted high, and there's already a sheet of vented metal to gather drippings and allow turn into smoke)

Yeah I think you're right, I may wait until I make the "big" purchase sometime

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

The lava coals are handier for nestling packets of wood for smoking, but the flavour bars or whatever their official name is is waaaaaay handier for between season cleaning... fewer places for creatures to hide

• Registered Users Posts: 12,413 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Can the lava coals be placed on top of the flavourizers?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Can the lava coals be placed on top of the flavourizers?

They'll fall off.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,790 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I was concerned getting a new gas grill without a grate for lava rocks/ceramic blocks. However, I find the flavour from the flavour bars to be much the same and much cleaner with fewer flare ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 riponhassan

Thanks for sharing this. It is really good and we are using it in our restaurant too in live kitchen. Best part of it is that you can control everything. Not like the charcoal one which continue once start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭oleras

oleras wrote: »

This is showing as £10.59 for me

thejaguar wrote: »
    This is showing as £10.59 for me

£8.15 i paid.

£8.15 i paid.

Is one price £and the other €??

Is one price £and the other €??

Is one price using a pound sterling symbol and another a Euro symbol ?:confused:

£8.15 i paid.

Showing as £7.96 now!

Is one price using a pound sterling symbol and another a Euro symbol ?:confused:

You can select different currency on amazon, hopefully this clears your confusion

You can select different currency on amazon, hopefully this clears your confusion

You seem to be the one confused. ;)

You seem to be the one confused. ;)

Aye

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I've noticed recently on Amazon that if I'm not using Parcel Motel the end price can be a bit higher because of VAT. That could explain the difference.

Advertisement