Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Will Yam

happyday wrote: »
    He knows absolutely nothing about the deal but we're supposed to believe that he was going ahead with it in a few hours.

They wrapped up the whole loss of memory story in five minutes and threw in a 'Who pushed Paul off the balcony?" in one minute at the end.

Ridiculous.

Paul and Donal have been discussing this deal for weeks. Paul had to get advice on it.

Now Maher walks past handyman Pete who without even knowing what it’s about makes an offer. Rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Jimson

its like the who shot Phil Mitchell, who killed lucie beal or who killed archie Mitchell storyline but written by a 5 year old in junior infants.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

What was the doo goin on in the community centre anyway? Every bollix in Carrigstown was headed to it.

Hope the panto villain is dead.... But I know he isn't!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I’ve no idea what was goin I’m in the community center even when we didn’t have restrictions a few weeks ago nothing like that was going ahead.
    They also had loads of glasses of drink out for people just to pick up.
    Also when did Paul start smoking Cigars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Laois_Man wrote: »
    What was the doo goin on in the community centre anyway? Every bollix in Carrigstown was headed to it.

Hope the panto villain is dead.... But I know he isn't!

Remember the big fight between Paul & Niamh? Paul ultimately came out of that unscathed; there's no chance a topple off of a 1st Floor Balcony's gonna see him off.....

Tonights piece by Ruth was probably the most words she's spoken, the most lines she's said in all her time on FC!

And they could've made much more use out of her if they'd dragged this gas-lighting out a bit further; it's how such storylines normally go in the real world & it's effectively over before it's began; big opportunity missed by FC; this wouldn't've been the Katy Kidnap storyline where people petitioned (Jesus wept!) RTE to wrap it up; this was much meatier & had possibilities & could've got much more out of Ruth as a character & could've explored the Callum-Oisin dynamic as Callum was starting to crumble, develop a conscience.

By the way, where's Nicola gone......?

And yes Donal offering the share to Pete? Who knew nothing about the deal and about whom Donal knows nothing about?

Then Donal brings the papers to be signed at a function which he has no real business being at.......at a function that would not've occurred during Level II much less III or V......

Mondos hair though???? Crikey it's got a life of its own & as for the "Ageing Peter Pan" line by Paul, was it aimed at the character or.....? :pac::pac::pac:

The "Top of the world, Ma!" line & the bit about lining 'em up like ducks at a fairground was awesome though; but by Jove he was langered quare easy.....flipside of that is we weren't shown anyone at this function just some "Who Dunnit?" options like Pete (his anger should equally with Donal despite knowing anything about the daal despite Pauls barbed comments about how he came into money surely), Donal (motive?), Callum & Oisin.......unless......unless....Ruth!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I’ve no idea what was goin I’m in the community center even when we didn’t have restrictions a few weeks ago nothing like that was going ahead.
    They also had loads of glasses of drink out for people just to pick up.
    Also when did Paul start smoking Cigars.

And only about 5 people at it.

Caddle, whose business, the Station, was a co-sponsor of it, was off getting langered on some lame ass bender with Ali; no way is Ali gonna be back for long; she's away Friday by plane so clearly scriptwriters said "We're stuck, we'll write you in a few episodes but we don't really think you're gonna last"; at least I think that's what'll happen......where else can this storyline go?

As for "Hens"; they're just not happening like; but you'd imagine Caddle'd pitch for the business in such a scenario no?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

His head actually never hit the floor so he is going to be fine.

Ya Can’t wait till I can walk in somewhere like what was going on in the community centre and just pick up a drink and wander around the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

That Mairead one would do your head in.

Is Damien not sick of going off with crazy b*tches. The last couple of women he’s being with have all been nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Sparko

I'm leaning towards Jane or Donal as the pusher.

Jane has a protective motive because they were suggesting Callum could go to prison, although I haven't worked out what law he broke.

Donal has no motive that I can see but logic doesn't usually factor in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Sonic the Shaghog

Ah it was just like who shot Mr. Burns the minute he started on Pete, then Mondo and then Melanie after the sons I knew exactly something was going to happen

It's gas, they drag out the silky storylines but should have kept the Paul is going crazy much longer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Roots 2020

Sparko wrote: »

Jane has a protective motive because they were suggesting Callum could go to prison, although I haven't worked out what law he broke.

Knowing FC Ruth and Jack (Carol's young land) have been plotting it over lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭trixiebust

“Top of the world ma” hahahahahaha

For all of 2 seconds :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭political analyst

Sparko wrote: »

We saw Donal leave the community centre before Paul was pushed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Jimson

It has to be Oisin or Jane, I'm leaning towards Oisin.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,272 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

fin12 wrote: »
    That Mairead one would do your head in.

Is Damien not sick of going off with crazy b*tches. The last couple of women he’s being with have all been nuts.

He strikes me as someone who is so desperate to be with someone he doesn't seem to realise most of the women he has been with eventually tire of him.

Sure they had barely been on 3 dates when he asked her to marry him.

Never copped that Elmos woman in Love/Hate was Erica until I was watching the repeat of it last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭thesultan

Carol and alu in matching leather outfits. Two. Of them out on the town and Carol on the hen. Where did that come from?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

That was some dive by Paul all the same. Tom Daly would be proud of it. Pity he didn't land on Carol and her mate, though. Kill two birds with the one stone. Literally :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

I watch Fair City sometimes purely for clangers like these and the stellar acting:

“He looks awful”. Well, yes he fell from a balcony so it’s to be expected, isn’t it! And “Why, was he hit by a car?” :D:D:D

• Advertisement

They are making sure we all see Maireads scabby hands anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,594 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Who shot JR wasn’t near as enthralling!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,024 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Jimson wrote: »
    It has to be Oisin or Jane, I'm leaning towards Oisin.

Oisin is too obvious

Maybe it was Melanie or Will :D

I'm surprised they Yates didn't set up a Whatsapp group for them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Went to watch tonight's episode on the RTE Player! They seem to have the wrong one.

Sunday 1st November
    Callum is angered to hear that Oisín has also asked Ruth to lie to strengthen his alibi. Carol notes a spark between Ali and Dean, and Mairead dismisses Will's offer of help
    Wednesday November 4th
    Mairead hides her spiralling OCD from Damien. Meanwhile, Oisin states he wasn't the only one angry at Paul when Yates questions him about the plan to deceive Paul
    Thursday November 5th
    Dean and Ali leave Carol out in the cold once again, Will blames Mairead for Phoebe's asthma attack and Yates asks Mondo about a threatening text he sent to Paul.

Sunday 1st November
    Callum is angered to hear that Oisín has also asked Ruth to lie to strengthen his alibi. Carol notes a spark between Ali and Dean, and Mairead dismisses Will's offer of help
    Wednesday November 4th
    Mairead hides her spiralling OCD from Damien. Meanwhile, Oisin states he wasn't the only one angry at Paul when Yates questions him about the plan to deceive Paul
    Thursday November 5th

Er, em, so will we skip Wednesdays episode & watch it Thursday or the other way round?

Will be catching up on tonights episode later; the comments here are already making me cringe; I have liked D.I. Yates & Rays Mate (name escapes me; taxi driver in real life) as coppers though.

Seriously Niamh should be back to take Ruth

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Sparko

We saw Donal leave the community centre before Paul was pushed.

You actually see him coming back in a few minutes later - just after Paul takes the mysterious phonecall and walks upstairs, Donal walks past Pete and Mairead and heads upstairs himself. You only see a brief glimpse of him.

• Advertisement

Why have Ali back without Lorcan Jnr, is he in boarding school in the UK?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement