Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Roots 2020

Ali 2006 was a young one. This is the same actress (with the Irish name, Doireann Ní Chorragáin) and in 14 years she looks middle aged with a hairdo that adds another 15 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Lol did Donal just say to Callum get out of my way..?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Did Oisin just call Paul Tony there in that scene with him and Callum??

Did Oisin just call Paul Tony there in that scene with him and Callum??

What on no I missed that lol

• Registered Users Posts: 33,729 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

It is really awful if anyone really does this to another person, what is being done to Paul.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Oisin and Callum have gone too far now!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Who's the new girl on fair city? I've seen her before but I don't remember her.

RobertKK wrote: »
    It is really awful if anyone really does this to another person, what is being done to Paul.

Yes it is, I personally think Paul
    Has suffered enough. It’s not like the man is happy or anything. At the end of the day just cause he has money does not mean he has to leave anything to his family.

Oisin is evil, just f*ck off and live ur own life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Roots 2020

RobertKK wrote: »

They do unfortunately. Gaslighting is the relatively new term for it, but it's been around for ever really.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

How old is Pheobe suppose to be ? I thought she did her leaving ? Mairead treating her like a child.

• Advertisement

How old is Pheobe suppose to be ? I thought she did her leaving ? Mairead treating her like a child.

She’s 18 I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,216 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Who's the new girl on fair city? I've seen her before but I don't remember her.

She was married to Carol’s son Lorcan in the mid 2000’s.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

fin12 wrote: »
    She’s 18 I think?

She should tell Mairead to f off so

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

She was married to Carol’s son Lorcan in the mid 2000’s.

Thanks for that. Mid 2000s? Has it been 15 years since she was on fair city?

It can't be that long ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭thesultan

Her haircut...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

It suits her

Thanks for that. Mid 2000s? Has it been 15 years since she was on fair city?

It can't be that long ago?

I think that’s when she started off but she was there later on to. She’s out of it a good while tough.

fin12 wrote: »
    She’s 18 I think?

I’m not sure about that but didn’t she ask Renee to give her some cans a few nights ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Carols daughter in law looks older than Carol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Wednesdays episode preview though? Oh Boy! Said it in a previous post that Ruth would be pivotal & needs/needed more meatier storylines than just the typical childish ones that suit her 10 year old characters age which can be lazy & stereotypical.

Well? Now's her chance to shine; the fly in the ointment > https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2020/1025/1173849-fair-city-scheme-comes-crashing-down-on-wednesday/

I'd go for Othello to Hamlet but I'd probably be mixing up my Shakespearean references having never read or studied either; I'm watching Fair City in fairness so cut me some slack....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,010 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Everyone seems to have somewhere to go like there was no virus... Your Wan, Carol's daughter in law off to a BBQ. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭Sparko

Everyone seems to have somewhere to go like there was no virus... Your Wan, Carol's daughter in law off to a BBQ. :rolleyes:

Doesn't she live in the UK? I'm sure Carol talks about visiting her abroad. I'm surprised they weren't ramming her 14 day quarantine period down our throats.

Where do I begin with tonights episode? Ali looks older than Carol; the bob doesn't do her any favours & the costume dept. were taking the with her outfit too clearly.

As for a hen weekend etc.? 3 Nights of it? Even assuming the scenes were based on Level 2 I'm not buying that storyline.

The taxi scene; surely it's up to Leo to bring her to cop shop no? And her with a left over takeaway; it's morning time sunshine, not chucking out time; continuity, can we have a word please?

Leo and Ali should have known one another!

Roots 2020 wrote: »
    They do unfortunately. Gaslighting is the relatively new term for it, but it's been around for ever really.

I was a victim of this earlier on in year; was told I wasn't man enough to drug deal by a dealer I was acquaintances with; it's phucking horrible having this done to you & I'm glad FC're bringing this storyline to us.

By sounds of things it's being brought to a horrible, and quite hasty conclusion this week; it's a storyline that could be prolonged (I do get the Katy Kidnap storyline did grate on people so maybe they feear a similar backlash? In Soap Land things have to happen quicker than in normal life even if soap is supposed reflect society it seems?) and should be to display an underbelly of society than can often result in such monetary/financial & emotional/psychologicial abuse.

It's good at least that Callum seems to be developing some form of a conscience but can't seem to back out from under Oisins influence; in an ideal world they'd come to an agreement to save both their skins and just drop it but with both knowing what the other knows and hope this goes away from Pauls mind in a few weeks or months.

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    I was a victim of this earlier on in year; was told I wasn't man enough to drug deal by a dealer I was acquaintances with; it's phucking horrible having this done to you & I'm glad FC're bringing this storyline to us.

By sounds of things it's being brought to a horrible, and quite hasty conclusion this week; it's a storyline that could be prolonged (I do get the Katy Kidnap storyline did grate on people so maybe they feear a similar backlash? In Soap Land things have to happen quicker than in normal life even if soap is supposed reflect society it seems?) and should be to display an underbelly of society than can often result in such monetary/financial & emotional/psychologicial abuse.

It's good at least that Callum seems to be developing some form of a conscience but can't seem to back out from under Oisins influence; in an ideal world they'd come to an agreement to save both their skins and just drop it but with both knowing what the other knows and hope this goes away from Pauls mind in a few weeks or months.

Sorry I’m not sure If I understand, r u a drug dealer ?

Leo and Ali should have known one another!

We're expected to forget that bit; another continuity error that could've been remembered surely by script-writers?

But sure she was wearing them sunnies so was easily disguised?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Another potentially interesting storyline p1ssed all over by the Fair City scriptwriters. There was potential for Oisin to really hammer home his hatred for Paul and have him think he was a complete basket case but no, in the space of just 2 weeks we are expected to believe Paul develops dementia. It doesnt work like that. It seems the snowflakes may be offended and up in arms over the issue so they wrapped it up in the blink of an eye..just when Oisin gets warmed up.

I really hope he stays and it isnt just a flying visit. Without him its unwatchable. That Ali one returning is obviously the cue for a Snarler gangster story part 187709434. Its not as if Aisling O Neill can do anything else. Even a global pandemic wont shift that character!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,295 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Carol seems to have ditched the fags, she must have had the sweats for a few days considering there was one stuck in her gob in every episode since she arrived on FC.

The storyline with Paul is actually watchable which makes a bit of a change from the crap we had to watch up to now since it came back.

Tony Tormey is actually a good actor when the writers give him something to work with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,295 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

thesultan wrote: »
    Her haircut...

She reminds me of the politician who is over education, can't think of her name but she was on the news a bit lately.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement