Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Defence forces Recruitment 2018

Options
  • 22-03-2018 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hey anyone know when they are recruiting for general service ?? Rumours it was march or april

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭P0dr1ck

Ye it started today, you should see it on their website that you can start applying

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Itainire

Craigeer wrote: »
    Hey anyone know when they are recruiting for general service ?? Rumours it was march or april

Yeah open today! Just applied! Fingers crossed

Itainire wrote: »
    Craigeer wrote: »

Yeah open today! Just applied! Fingers crossed
    Did you apply for both 1st and 2nd Brigade or just one of them?

P0dr1ck wrote: »
    Did you apply for both 1st and 2nd Brigade or just one of them?

I applied for Kildare and Curragh.. I don't think you can apply for more than one brigade also because it says they try facilitate everyone but can't be take for sure.. do you think apply for them 3 would make any difference in the process?

I applied for 2nd Brigade and the Navy, didn't have any issues there and was thinking of just applying to 1st Brigade as well, I honestly wouldn't have a clue if it makes any difference if you apply to one or all, maybe someone will post under this and let us know.

• Advertisement

I guess the only thing we can do now is wait to get the psychometric test email.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭BadBannana

My Cadetship feedback included this statement:

"It is planned to launch Cadetship 2018 in the next week or so, please keep an eye on www.military.ie/careers for our online application"

My Cadetship feedback included this statement:

"It is planned to launch Cadetship 2018 in the next week or so, please keep an eye on www.military.ie/careers for our online application"

Yeah sorry I was referring to general service

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jliz

I have applied for Army and Navy Cadetships this year, would it be advisable to apply for general service as well? So , if I failed to gain a Cadetship but was accepted as a recruit for General Service and would have a better chance in the next Cadetship Competition after serving a year in the PDF?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭fergie199

The 1st intake this year for general service aka recruits is this month around 16th an they will be training in county Louth 2brigade

• Registered Users Posts: 2 iisbran

I'm starting my training in Aiken Barracks Dundalk on the 16th of April yeah. I Applied at November last year so it does take a while to get in (assuming you pass everything)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Donaldboy25

Hey guys can I ask y'all Abit of advice I've got my hearing tested 7 times at hospital and audiologist they said I'm fine last year failed army medical with hearing test yet hospital said I was fine do any of u Kno if I just press the button for hearing would I fail like just keep pressing

If ur repeatedly pressing the guys will stop ur test- give you a retest an that’s that. Listen out for the sounds they are not all beeps. Good luck

fergie199 wrote: »
    If ur repeatedly pressing the guys will stop ur test- give you a retest an that’s that. Listen out for the sounds they are not all beeps. Good luck

Ye I do listen I've spent a lot money getting my ears checked out and I've been told there's nothing wrong with my hearing yet I fail at army hearing test

The army has a different standard as opposed to typical tests and it’s all for good reasons- the army hearing test is not exactly the same as a civilian hearing test and is not marked the same.

fergie199 wrote: »
    The army has a different standard as opposed to typical tests and it’s all for good reasons- the army hearing test is not exactly the same as a civilian hearing test and is not marked the same.
    Does anyone know what the actually pass is for the army hearing test like what is a pass

I don’t think anyone can provide that not unless u speak directly to the army medical board but I would assume it’s got to be above 50% to pass

So in less than 10 days psychometric test time window will start.. just wondering will the result be immediate after the last day of tests?
    How long more or less would pass between psychometric test and fitness test?
    Thanks guys

So in less than 10 days psychometric test time window will start.. just wondering will the result be immediate after the last day of tests?
    How long more or less would pass between psychometric test and fitness test?
    Thanks guys

So last year I did my Psychometric in late April/early May and did my fitness etc near the end of June. They cycle through a good few groups though. One guy did general service fitness and about a week later claimed he had a Cadetship fitness.

• Advertisement

Emails are supposed to arrive today.. can't wait to see what the test looks like

I had a look at the practice booklets on the mindmill site, if the real tests are anything like those examples then it should be easy enough to do.

It's not super difficult but I always found the memory one a bit tough

Way different to last year, but it could be because I only applied for the cadetship last year. The test with the arrows pointing in various directions was pretty difficult after a certain point, the directions stopped making sense in my head

I am italian so I think the most difficult part is that one in which you need remember 3 categories and then find how many words match them.. if you know what I mean, I don't know many type of tools trees or insects haha hopefully there will be common words.. am I doing something wrong or the practice test is only one and it never change?? I did it already few good times and it didn't change

I am italian so I think the most difficult part is that one in which you need remember 3 categories and then find how many words match them.. if you know what I mean, I don't know many type of tools trees or insects haha hopefully there will be common words.. am I doing something wrong or the practice test is only one and it never change?? I did it already few good times and it didn't change

There's only one practise don't worry

Were you guys able to complete all of the questions or were you cut off mid questions?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Craigeer

Were you guys able to complete all of the questions or were you cut off mid questions?

Ya like its like they have set times and u just keep awnsering qs until time is up

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Craigeer

How did u find it ??

• Advertisement

Not too bad to be honest, I might have messed up 4 or 5 answers altogether, I think I messed up on 1 or 2 in the arrows and then the section where they say "cat is left of dog, dog is right of lion, whats furthest right" but the other sections seemed dead on lol so hopefully I'll get to the next stage

Advertisement