Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer 2019 in Revenue - Tax, Audit and Compliance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Internetscour

doc22 wrote: »
    20 over 5/6 sessions by 3 days would be over near 300 taken to the initial round

Not sure there were 5/6 sessions over each day. Think it was two sessions on Monday but could be wrong.

weebabar wrote: »
    How many tests were scheduled today. I have my test at 3;15 tomorrow but I assume there are other times? Any confirmation on this?

Monday there was 11am and 2.15pm that I’m aware of.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭BhoyRayzor

There was at least 2 sessions today

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭CivilCybil

I think there were two sessions Monday and today. They take a while so there wouldn't be 5/6 per day. I'd say they'd do well to get three done in a day unless there are multiple locations.

I had mine today. Hard to tell how it went.
    More difficult than the EO for civil service that I sat earlier this year.
    I didn't get the questions completed. Would be surprised to make interview stage tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 15 weebabar

CivilCybil wrote: »
    I think there were two sessions Monday and today. They take a while so there wouldn't be 5/6 per day. I'd say they'd do well to get three done in a day unless there are multiple locations.

I didn't get the questions completed. Would be surprised to make interview stage tbh

What area have you applied for? I found the online assessments difficult and quite surprised I've made it to the supervised testing.

• Advertisement

What area have you applied for? I found the online assessments difficult and quite surprised I've made it to the supervised testing.

Mayo. Yes I suppose that compared to the initial assessment the supervised were much the same as I didn't finish those either.
    I'm on a panel for Galway for EO in the civil service and I found those supervised tests a cake walk in comparison.
    This job seems much more "difficult" to get based on reading the 2018 recruitment thread. The small numbers, the training etc. In comparison to the civil service EO.
    Same salary though! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25 RCL173

Does anyone have a copy of the information booklet by any chance? Didn’t think to save it down.

RCL173 wrote: »
    Does anyone have a copy of the information booklet by any chance? Didn’t think to save it down.

It's attached in the original post

CivilCybil wrote: »

there was definetely one at 11 and one befoe it yesterday, was about between 15 and 20 in mine I think.

I doubt anyone got them all completed to be honest, certainly not all correctly anyway and only with guessing.

both tests I got about 30 completed in each with some skipped as well. at this stage I'm just trying not to think about a possible position as there are so many variables that can come into play that it's not worth worrying about.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 botharbui

i sat the unsupervised, and was called into a meeting 3 mins into it (not ideal)! so when i came back i had 5 mins remaining so i guessed all the answers for the numerical. i went on and completed the verbal and chat, fine. i got called to supervised testing yesterday, after reading all the posts here, i dont know how i was! Especially if negative marking, i used same method yesterday for answers i didnt get finished so safe to say ill be out!

• Advertisement

Does anyone know how long it will take to hear back after the tests?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭teaontap

I would assume that we should hear today or early next week at the latest to give time for interview bookings.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I asked on monday and one of the invigilators said it would be friday or monday. So probably monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭AngelaG

Results out . Got to interview stage . OOM will be received next week with details of interview.

Results out. Just saying if you are successful and application form for interview! Delighted to get through

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Ollie321

Results out. Just saying if you are successful and application form for interview! Delighted to get through

Well done!

Haven’t received anything, do they email you if you are unsuccessful as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭LM4C

Got my results and am through to interview stage. Delighted. Well done to all who passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

Can someone confirm if this competition covers the Trainee Auditor roles with the Comptroller and Auditor General? I can't find another thread specifically on the Auditor role, and I would have expected to see it here?

I just got an email from PAS saying I passed phase 1 and have been invited to the next stage which is a Case Study

Gus Ivey wrote: »
    Can someone confirm if this competition covers the Trainee Auditor roles with the Comptroller and Auditor General? I can't find another thread specifically on the Auditor role, and I would have expected to see it here?

I just got an email from PAS saying I passed phase 1 and have been invited to the next stage which is a Case Study

I wouldn’t imagine so it’s run by Revenue not Pas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 clarelnk

I think this is for executive office role for revenue but it comes up for trainee auditor role because the words are in the description.

I have just got that email too about the case study too. Have no idea if we have to go somewhere or we do it remotely?????

I wouldn’t imagine so it’s run by Revenue not Pas

I thought Revenue fell under the scope of PAS. Every day is a school day!

clarelnk wrote: »
    I think this is for executive office role for revenue but it comes up for trainee auditor role because the words are in the description.

I have just got that email too about the case study too. Have no idea if we have to go somewhere or we do it remotely?????

I think it is remotely, but we will find out more when they email us next week. Good luck!
    Do you have any accountancy qualifications or experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 clarelnk

Same to you good luck!
    I don’t but from reading the job description it sounds like it would be desirable but not necessary once you have a degree.
    I think it is remotely, but we will find out more when they email us next week. Good luck!
    Do you have any accountancy qualifications or experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 dinny1982

So people who didnt get through didnt get an email? Probably get an email at a later date of being unsuccessful

• Registered Users Posts: 15 weebabar

Well done on passing. Congrats and best of luck going forward. Can I ask what day your assessment was? Mine was on Wednesday so I’m guessing I haven’t been successful as I have received no email.

Well done on passing. Congrats and best of luck going forward. Can I ask what day your assessment was? Mine was on Wednesday so I’m guessing I haven’t been successful as I have received no email.

Thank you! Mine was Monday. So who knows maybe it’s in day order?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭BJG524

I got results yesterday and did the test wednesday

So what impact/emphasis does the interview have?

Going by the initial email it seems the order of merit given next week then is final or is it updated based on how you perform in the interview?

• Advertisement

BhoyRayzor wrote: »
    So what impact/emphasis does the interview have?

Going by the initial email it seems the order of merit given next week then is final or is it updated based on how you perform in the interview?

From previous campaigns you're given an order of merit after the supervised exams. This determines the order you're called for interview (or if you're called at all)
    You get a new OOM after the interview and this determines the order at which you get a placement (unless you fail the interview in which case you're out)

Advertisement