Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish anti-Islamic group protests mosque in Kerry

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 squiggledash

Ireland would appear to be just about ok with a birth rate of 2.01.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Ireland would appear to be just about ok with a birth rate of 2.01.

That'll drop very quickly I think. The country is becoming less conservative, more educated, less religious and more urbanised, with each year...all of those things point towards low birth rates, similar to that of our neighbours on the continent

I think it's that the west has prioritized work above all else. Everybody must work all the time and have amazing careers and earn loads of money. The reality is most people will just have jobs to pay the bills but they still will take up most of their time. I think governments will be forced to become much more baby friendly in the years to come but were not there yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

Saw this little protest the other day, they were mainly ignored by locals and left potter about in their own little world .
    Threads have appeared in the Kerry forum, asking people to join the fight against the mosque, haven't seen any replys in agreement as yet, don't think I will either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

wakka12 wrote: »
    Oh well I thought that was implied. I did mean that. I don't think its racist to not want the indigenous ethnic group of Ireland and other european countries to go extinct

Just how fcuking pure do you think Irish blood is?? Chances are everyone you see as ethnically Irish is in fact a mongrol of Irish, Welsh, Scottish, French, English, Spanish, Scandanavian and God knows what else.

I guess you have no concern about the Irish continuing to interbreed like this, but one or two generations crosses the skin colour divide and OMG, the sky is falling.

Seriously, that's what bothers you isn't it, coffee coloured Irish kids.

Ugh, pure racism.

• Advertisement

MadsL wrote: »
    Just how fcuking pure do you think Irish blood is?? Chances are everyone you see as ethnically Irish is in fact a mongrol of Irish, Welsh, Scottish, French, English, Spanish, Scandanavian and God knows what else.

I guess you have no concern about the Irish continuing to interbreed like this, but one generations crosses the skin colour divide and OMG, the sky is falling.

Seriously, that's what bothers you isn't it, coffee coloured Irish kids.

Ugh, pure racism.

Well personally Id be sad if there were no freckly people or pale people or fiery redheads left in the country seeing as they are traits our people are known for. But I guess thats just racist of me

Well the chances are that Muslim couples as they adopt more western and european values of the countries that they immigrate to will in turn start having less babies. So is Western culture bad for humanity. Possible a topic for a separate thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Well personally Id be sad if there were no freckly people or pale people or fiery redheads left in the country seeing as they are traits our people are known for. But I guess thats just racist of me

Since when was red hair and freckles an Irish trait outside a Hollywood movie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

Funny how you mention NI!! - without a blink about the levels of Christian sectarian violence! Now you can bluster that away as sectarian rather than religious, and I can point out that most Islamic terrorist violence is political/sectarian but you choose to depict it as religious.

Huh?
    1) I didn't raise anything related to NI. Another user introduced the issue; mistakenly equating sectarianism with terrorism.
    2) The Troubles weren't about establishing a Christian State but were for political aims.
    3) Maybe research on the aims of Al Qaeda* and ISIL* before you claim political motivation for their actions. Research what a Caliphate is too...
    The Parisian shooting was motivated by what? A picture of the Prophet (pbuh) was to be printed. How is this political?
    4) The murder of Lee Rigby is the only incident that has a mostly political aspect to it.

But enlighten me as to how Muslim violence in the West is political in nature, if you will.

* if they are real

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

The only thing that bothers me is the ones coming here and contributing nothing to society be it financial or integration.

Just popping out kids left right and centre.

Once everyone works and contributes and pays for their own off spring happy days.

• Advertisement

You realize how astronomically unlikely that is to happen right? There are hundreds millions of people around the world who look stereotypically Irish.

What is it about people having mixed race children that bothers you really?
    not the end of the Rose of Tralee redhead surely?

Did I wake up in 1960 somehow?

JustTheOne wrote: »
    The only thing that bothers me is the ones coming here and contributing nothing to society be it financial or integration.

Just popping out kids left right and centre.

Once everyone works and contributes and pays for their own off spring happy days.

Here we go.....

eviltwin wrote: »
    Since when was red hair and freckles an Irish trait outside a Hollywood movie?

Ireland has the second most redheaded people in the world in the world per capita only after scotland! And just look around and you can see a whole tonne of people have freckles :pac:

You realize how astronomically unlikely that is to happen right? There are hundreds millions of people around the world who look stereotypically Irish.

What is it about people having mixed race children that bothers you really?
    not the end of the Rose of Tralee redhead surely?

Did I wake up in 1960 somehow?

No..really I have no problem with race mixing..
    I said I would be sad if the ethnic irish group was replaced by immigrant ethnic groups. Now how did you pull that I'm against race mixing from that

Actually mixed race children are genetically healthier and more resistant to disease. So in theory we should be all mixing it up if you want the healthiest population.

Here we go.....

What?

It goes for Irish people too.

Ireland has the second most redheaded people in the world in the world per capita only after scotland! And just look around and you can see a whole tonne of people have freckles :pac:

So do a lot of people. It's not what makes you Irish.

Well the chances are that Muslim couples as they adopt more western and european values of the countries that they immigrate to will in turn start having less babies. So is Western culture bad for humanity. Possible a topic for a separate thread.

How many do successfully integrate into Irish Society and Culture though?
    I'd hazard that the Poles are assimilating faster than anyone else; even the ones that aren't here too long.
    The Muslims mostly come from a vastly different culture and that, not the religion, would be the main issue, imo.

Huh?
    1) I didn't raise anything related to NI. Another user introduced the issue; mistakenly equating sectarianism with terrorism.
    Funny how you seem a bit blind to the irony there.
    2) The Troubles weren't about establishing a Christian State but were for political aims.
    Well one side wanted reunification with the Republic, which if you read the Constitution certainly fits a definition of a Christian state.

) Maybe research on the aims of Al Qaeda* and ISIL* before you claim political motivation for their actions. Research what a Caliphate is too...
    If you are raising an army, religion is a handy rallying cry, pretty much the story of Europe over the past millenia.
    The Parisian shooting was motivated by what? A picture of the Prophet (pbuh) was to be printed. How is this political?
    where did I state ALL Islamic extremism was political. I said MOST Islamic terrorist violence is political/sectarian. So how does one example answer the point I made?
    4) The murder of Lee Rigby is the only incident that has a mostly political aspect to it.
    So latest score in this post: Religion 1 Politics 1
    But enlighten me as to how Muslim violence in the West is political in nature, if you will.
    Ask yourself when it started, and you have your answer.

* if they are real

I'll pay you $5 not to say "false flag" ever again.

So do a lot of people. It's not what makes you Irish.

Well I guess you're right...but would you honestly not care in the slightest if in 50 years everyone in Ireland was of black and asian descent? Maybe I am racist I don't know

• Advertisement

No..really I have no problem with race mixing..
    I said I would be sad if the ethnic irish group was replaced by immigrant ethnic groups. Now how did you pull that I'm against race mixing from that

Because the Irish have always been replaced by immigrant ethnic groups. Just how many direct decendants of 2000 year old ethnic Irish do you think haven't had a dalliance with the newcomers?

Ethnicity isn't some static thing that can be clung to, it evolves, that's what we do as Homo Sapiens, as pointed out above - it's healthy.

Plus your "replacement" of ethnic appearance is highly unlikely, genetics has a way of being surprising.

Because the Irish have always been replaced by immigrant ethnic groups. Just how many direct decendants of 2000 year old ethnic Irish do you think haven't had a dalliance with the newcomers?

Ethnicity isn't some static thing that can be clung to, it evolves, that's what we do as Homo Sapiens, as pointed out above - it's healthy.

Plus your "replacement" of ethnic appearance is highly unlikely, genetics has a way of being surprising.

I do believe you are talking nonsense.

Well I guess you're right...but would you honestly not care in the slightest if in 50 years everyone in Ireland was of black and asian descent? Maybe I am racist I don't know

That's never going to happen. Your physical appearance shouldn't matter. I don't look Irish but I'm as Irish as anyone else here.

Well one side wanted reunification with the Republic, which if you read the Constitution certainly fits a definition of a Christian state.

I'll pay you $5 not to say "false flag" ever again.

Only 2 points merit an address:

2 parties wanted reunion: SDLP and SF. SDLP are gone but, if you've read the manifesto's of, or understand the roots of, SF, would you consider them Christian?
    I've been to all manner of Left-wing meetings (been called "comrade" all too often) and I can guarantee you, there is no love or desire for a Christian State. Unless the Left suddenly loves religion?

False flag...propaganda exists. How can we be sure we're not being fed diluted and manipulated stories?

That's never going to happen. Your physical appearance shouldn't matter. I don't look Irish but I'm as Irish as anyone else here.

Ok I agree with you . But actually with current immigration rates and birth rates in europe it literally will happen, not in 50 years but not all that long either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

Interesting that their website is registered in the US - no national sentiment there.

all the language is more like someone on reddit than someone from Ireland too I would imagine it is a US based group pretending to be Irish

sheesh wrote: »
    all the language is more like someone on reddit than someone from Ireland too I would imagine it is a US based group pretending to be Irish

And what would be the benefit of pretending to be irish though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

Still its interesting why a subset of a species would behave like this.

What do you find interesting about it? What do you compare us to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

No. It's a loaded question. He can deny it but who is going to search all his posts.

Not at all loaded. What he may or may not have said in the past is irrelevant, as peoples views change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,102 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Ok I agree with you . But actually with current immigration rates and birth rates in europe it literally will happen, not in 50 years but not all that long either.

Scare mongering codswallop. Not that it matters anyway. Lots of Irish people don't look stereotypically Irish ffs.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Scare mongering codswallop. Not that it matters anyway. Lots of Irish people don't look stereotypically Irish ffs.

Its not scaremongering, low birth rates and high immigration rates mean a population will be replaced quite quickly. But yeah I guess it doesn't matter really

Its not scaremongering, low birth rates and high immigration rates mean a population will be replaced quite quickly. But yeah I guess it doesn't matter really

You are saying that the entire Irish population is going to be of Black or Asian background in 50 or so years. And then you say it isn't scaremongering. Laughable really.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

You are saying that the entire Irish population is going to be of Black or Asian background in 50 or so years. And then you say it isn't scaremongering. Laughable really.

I never said 50 years. Also I was talking about western countries in general not specifically Ireland. For instance in 40 years England is predicted to be over 50% minority ethnic, its not scaremongering ,its reality. Not that it should be feared but theres no point in pretending it will never happen.

I never said 50 years. Also I was talking about western countries in general not specifically Ireland. For instance in 40 years England is predicted to be over 50% minority ethnic, its not scaremongering ,its reality. Not that it should be feared but theres no point in pretending it will never happen.

Why is that a bad thing? The area I live in is 50% non irish. Everyone seems to manage just fine.

• Advertisement

Why is that a bad thing? The area I live in is 50% non irish. Everyone seems to manage just fine.

Read my post. 'not that it should be feared' ...

Read my post. 'not that it should be feared' ...

Why say it like it's a bad thing then.

Why say it like it's a bad thing then.

I never used any words that implied it was a bad thing so you're interpreting my online 'tone' wrongly then

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 647 ✭✭✭RichardCeann

Because this is the nation of Ireland. The Irish people should never become a mere minority in their own country.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 647 ✭✭✭RichardCeann

MadsL wrote:
    Whatever.

Did you even read your own link there?
    DNA testing through the male Y chromosome has shown that Irish males have the highest incidence of the haplogroup 1 gene in Europe. While other parts of Europe have integrated contiuous waves of new settlers from Asia, Ireland's remote geographical position has meant that the Irish gene-pool has been less susceptible to change. The same genes have been passed down from parents to children for thousands of years. 

This is mirrored in genetic studies which have compared DNA analysis with Irish surnames. Many surnames in Irish are Gaelic surnames, suggesting that the holder of the surname is a descendant of people who lived in Ireland long before the English conquests of the Middle Ages. Men with Gaelic surnames, showed the highest incidences of Haplogroup 1 (or Rb1) gene. This means that those Irish whose ancestors pre-date English conquest of the island are direct descendants of early stone age settlers who migrated from Spain. 

Which tells us that the Irish people are a distinct ethnic group directly descendant from some of the first inhabitants of these island. Ergo, we are indigenous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭DeadHand

So you'd happily live in an Ireland in which the Irish are a minority?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Because this is the nation of Ireland. The Irish people should never become a mere minority in their own country.
    DeadHand wrote: »
    So you'd happily live in an Ireland in which the Irish are a minority?

It's impossible. Unless literally 6 million + non-Irish magically arrive overnight, this will never ever be the case. So chill.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭DeadHand

It's impossible. Unless literally 6 million + non-Irish magically arrive overnight, this will never ever be the case. So chill

I appreciate that you took the opportunity to parade your liberal credentials but I wasn't asking you.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 johnc77

I think there is a resurgence of racism because at this point in time Europe has not yet learned how to be multicultural. Europe is not going to be the monolithic societies they once were in the last century. It’s a huge transformation for Europe to make. They are now going into a multicultural mode and without that transformation, Europe will not survive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭crybaby

Reddit would have some fun with these clowns

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

johnc77 wrote: »
    I think there is a resurgence of racism because at this point in time Europe has not yet learned how to be multicultural. Europe is not going to be the monolithic societies they once were in the last century. It’s a huge transformation for Europe to make. They are now going into a multicultural mode and without that transformation, Europe will not survive.

Has anywhere in the world learned to be multicultural? It's nothing more than an ideal.

Well think about it. Up until this point all humans were really concerned about was survival and the propagation of the species. Natural selection only real goal is to select the best genes and then pass them on to the next generation. Nature doesn't care about our goals and dreams or any of the stuff we want.

But at this point in time it appears that the more successful you are the less likely you are to pass on your genes. This is going contrary to everything.

Just think about it if all the cultures in the world had the western cultures birth rate we would be extinct in a couple of hundred years, that quickly. There is obviously little chance of that happening but still nobody is addressing the subject in any meaningful way. To try and understand whats going on.

It has nothing to do with overpopulation either because people largely act in their own self interest and over population does not effect the western world one bit. Its biggest problem is too much food and resources not that it has too little. So there must be another reason.

You ask compared to what? Well compared to every other species of life on the planet, every cell, every organism, bacteria, virus etc everything is trying to stay alive and pass its genes on to the next level.

"
    ---Quote (Originally by squiggledash)---
    Still its interesting why a subset of a species would behave like this.
    ---End Quote---
    What do you find interesting about it? What do you compare us to?"

Well think about it. Up until this point all humans were really concerned about was survival and the propagation of the species. Natural selection only real goal is to select the best genes and then pass them on to the next generation. Nature doesn't care about our goals and dreams or any of the stuff we want.

But at this point in time it appears that the more successful you are the less likely you are to pass on your genes. This is going contrary to everything.

Just think about it if all the cultures in the world had the western cultures birth rate we would be extinct in a couple of hundred years, that quickly. There is obviously little chance of that happening but still nobody is addressing the subject in any meaningful way. To try and understand whats going on.

It has nothing to do with overpopulation either because people largely act in their own self interest and over population does not effect the western world one bit. Its biggest problem is too much food and resources not that it has too little. So there must be another reason.

You ask compared to what? Well compared to every other species of life on the planet, every cell, every organism, bacteria, virus etc everything is trying to stay alive and pass its genes on to the next level.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

DeadHand wrote: »
    I appreciate that you took the opportunity to parade your liberal credentials but I wasn't asking you.

I think Herb was parading basic mathematics there actually. :)

Ah ok

At some undefined point in the future you assert that the entirety of Europe, America, Australia and New Zealand will be populated entirely by black abd asain people.

Yep

Laughable nonsense and scaremongering.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
Advertisement