Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fireworks

Options
  • 29-08-2020 8:25pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭

What's the fùcking story, it's August.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Burzum

Yeah they are hopping them out of it here in Carlow aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,062 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I live in an apt next to a small park within the canals, there have been fireworks out there pretty much every day for the last 2 weeks. Little ****s firing them at each other, traffic and up to balconies and windows as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,033 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Have been following it on Twitter. Started here in D15 on Monday but have seen some Dublin postcodes where it's week 3 of it. It's horrendous, going on here since lunchtime today and some were clearly launched into my development.

Know who's responsible for the daytime stuff. Report going into the Gardai and ASB unit of the Council as it's a council area about 1km away that the kids are from. 2 about 14 and 2 maybe 11 at most. Don't know where they're getting them from but they're terrorising residents and animals. We have woods facing our entrance which is a major starling roosting place and the night ones are aiming in there :mad:

Edit: Just to clarify, I'm not generalising about where the kids come from, I saw them come out of their houses. I'm in a big development made up of small estates and the Council bought one estate in its entirety a few years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭ClydeTallyBump

In Dublin 1. It has been terrible today. Just constant fireworks going off. It's been ongoing since July.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

D5 here - going on all week, much more last night and slightly less so tonight. Hard to pinpoint the direction (it's a little off in the distance) but it's crazy that so many parts of Dublin are now reporting it. Lots of people, as mentioned on Twitter, and there's a fairly big thread on it on /r/Dublin too. Wonder if anyone is looking at the little scumbags doing this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

I think they try them out 2 months before Halloween then keep the best ones

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Beersmith

None stop for the last week here, day is nearly worse than night.

I would have thought the nature of fireworks would be it was easy for the garda to actually locate them

• Registered Users Posts: 24,856 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Were being fired off for over two hours non stop till just after midnight tonight, nearest lot to me were about three quarters of a kilometer away..

Maybe covid money being free.. knuckle heads will knuckle. Save all the cash for the holidays, somewhere nice they’ve not been before? a nice new car, new furniture or some home improvements ? Nooooo, piss it away on something that cracks, bangs and brightens the sky. Yayyyyy. Must have been about a grand of covid money shot skywards,

Pity people in the community can’t or don’t have enough sway to influence positive neighborly behavior...I’d be kicking off if it was on my doorstep.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,430 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

D.13 here. They've been going for the last 2 weeks. Mostly going off in the halting site opposite the Hilton. Last night a full half hour display went off about 1.15a.m.

Having a conversation about with neighbours/friends and they wer of the mind it's to do with Confimations.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,905 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

None here YET! I suppose they are buying them online or something, or are there suppliers here?

Boredom.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Quiet enough tonight.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Quiet enough tonight.
    Same. Going by your username, I'm guessing you're in Artane so you're probably hearing the same ones as I am (in Killester, near the Artane side).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,033 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Quieter tonight in D15 but just started again

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Loads going off in D8 in the past few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,043 ✭✭✭✭neris

I was driving home from work about 2 weeks ago down around grand canal dock and was 2 or 3 groups of kids going around letting of fire works at one stage one group fired one at another.

Saw something on facebook this morning that its trying to see which houses have dogs so they can identify the houses for snatching the dogs.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

A problem in D24 (surprise, surprise) and D22 I understand also. reports of fireworks day and night for a month now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,231 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Tabnabs wrote: »
    A problem in D24 (surprise, surprise) and D22 I understand also. reports of fireworks day and night for a month now.

D12 this afternoon, some little fcukers letting them off.

As for finding out which houses have dogs...:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

None here YET! I suppose they are buying them online or something, or are there suppliers here?

You get them on the border around Newry. Good profit made just by bringing them down the road and flipping them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,156 ✭✭✭blackbox

Lots going off in Wicklow town yesterday.

I have to wonder what life is like for people like this who are unable to postpone gratification.

Not only can they not wait for Halloween - they can't even wait until it gets dark!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Plenty of money for fireworks, no money for rent, it seems.:cool:

https://www.thejournal.ie/dublin-city-council-5-4956180-Jan2020/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭jpm4

In Phibsorough now near the basin....can see the little scrotes pegging it down my road.....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I'm in Dublin 14, every night recently here too

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Cienciano wrote: »
    I'm in Dublin 14, every night recently here too

Surely these things don't happen on the South side! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

imme wrote: »
    Plenty of money for fireworks, no money for rent, it seems.:cool:

https://www.thejournal.ie/dublin-city-council-5-4956180-Jan2020/

Irish society is just so stupid in what it tolerates. We're funding sizeable pockets of the population with no inclination for work or responsibility. There's no meaningful enforcement to protect those living next to scumbags.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Someone's little darling threw one into traffic just before you go south over the Samuel Beckett yesterday evening. I honestly thought it was a bomb, the noise of it. This wasn't just a banger, it was some really loud one. Cue women with prams doing a sudden sprint along the path and wobbling cyclists. Throw a lorry into the mix and it could have been really serious.

God bless those little chaps, sure they're only playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,043 ✭✭✭✭neris

spurious wrote: »
    Someone's little darling threw one into traffic just before you go south over the Samuel Beckett yesterday evening. I honestly thought it was a bomb, the noise of it. This wasn't just a banger, it was some really loud one. Cue women with prams doing a sudden sprint along the path and wobbling cyclists. Throw a lorry into the mix and it could have been really serious.

God bless those little chaps, sure they're only playing.

Must be too cold for the sheriff st natives to be jumping into the canal this time of year

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭ElmoLaw

who is supplying them - thats what i want to know - its been going on for weeks- driving me nuts how are they getting away with this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

Kitty Holland had an article about the issue in the Irish Times and people are complaining on Twitter saying the headline unfairly describes this as a problem in working class areas.

I'm not saying this doesn't happen in wealthy parts of Dublin, but you're deluded if you think this isn't particularly a thing in working class neighbourhoods.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭em_cat

Loads going off in D8 in the past few weeks.

We’ve been getting proper shows the last few nights, one of our dogs is petrified of 'em, vets have a rush order of Sileo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Same here in Dublin 8 for the last few weeks. The council estate types been at it constantly. Don't know how they afford the things...

Advertisement